5.0 out of 5 stars Wired Kindle
I'm using this app on my Kindle Fire, and i've been extremely impressed so far. After reading some mediocre reviews of various magazines performing poorly on the Fire, I went ahead and gave this a shot along with the free 3 month trial. So far, i'm pretty happy with the current issue. It looks wonderful, and I don't have any major issues with performance when scrolling...
Published on November 20, 2011 by Stanley Fu

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad app
1. Installs as an app instead of in the newstand, which is VERY inconvenient.
2. Requires you to login with userid/pwd EVERY time you want to read or download an issue
3. False errors when attempting to download. I have 2gb availble on my 6gb Kindle Fire, and it said insufficient disk space to download my very first issue! I sent an email to them about the...
Published on November 18, 2011 by Jay Edgar

‹ Previous | 115 16 1738 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Reader's Digest for Tech, March 6, 2014
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
The magazine is basically like a Reader's Digest but with all things tech. I like how in general it doesn't over explain while at the same time assume you know everything.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to navigate, March 4, 2014
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
The software is difficult to navigate and unfortunately, it is hard to return to the home screen. You can't just touch it and find the home button at the bottom like in all other Kindle software I use.

1.0 out of 5 stars why do they think they are so special?, February 14, 2014
Live to Ride (Florence, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I have subscribed to the print issue for years yet if I want o read my magazine on the Kindle they want me to pony up another $19.99? I have a lot of other magazine print subscriptions and they let me read them on my Kindle because I have the print subscription. This seems only reasonable. I AM NOT GOING TO PAY FOR 2 Subscriptions. And I will cancel the print one because of this and NOT get this one. There's plenty of other good magazines

3.0 out of 5 stars not a good fit., February 8, 2014
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
Not formatted well for my asus transformer. Neither in landscape or portrait mode. I purchased because I loved the February cover. As a Tea Party conservative Constitutionalist I find wired way off the scale to the left.

2.0 out of 5 stars WIRED, January 26, 2014
Kindle Customer (Evansville, IN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
Tried it and removed it. It was not what I expected from being a former subscriber to WIRED, so I removed it from my Kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will Not Connect On My Kindle Fire HD, January 22, 2014
Richard (Winter Haven, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
Since they updated this app I can not read my digital copies on my Kindle Fire HD 1st generation. I have verified my subscription and everytime I try to download it says unable to connect. Even after speaking to a customer service rep at Amazon they could not solve it and I did send off a email to Wired which they never replied back. I finally just deleted the app from my device and the cloud. Maybe I will try again in 6 months to see if they get it working properly. It makes me almost want to cancel my print subscription. I can not understand how a magazine about technology could have such a horrible app!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and entertaining., January 16, 2014
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I like wired on the kindle. is access to every article. I like to ignore the ads and I think looking at it on a tablet helps me ignore them a little more. I recommend a subscription to this magazine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wired, January 8, 2014
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
The content itself is great, and I love the way you can skip articles without going through the whole thing. The interactive articles are wonderful and it's a whole different experience from the magazine alone. However, downloading he app and launching it was confusing at best. You needed to download the app which is basically useless as launching it brings up a notification saying they changed their app and you need to go to the newstand and download the magazine instead. It took me longer than it should have to find out how to read back issues, and even then yo could only download one at a time.

It's not horrible, I mean I fogured everything out okay, but they said they improved their app experience and even though I never used the old app, I doubt this is much better. At least I can read wired, and that's what counts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Analyze yourself, January 5, 2014
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
Really bad app. Don't know if this is a Wired problem or simply the result of an old media approach to tablet reading. You know about user experience, just apply your preaching to your own products.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a little too shallow, December 11, 2013
This review is from: WIRED Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I don't plan on renewing my subscription. I find it difficult to tell where the articles start and the advertising begins. There don't seem to be any 'deep' articles.

‹ Previous | 115 16 1738 | Next ›