Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Within: A Spiritual Awakening to Love & Weight Loss
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 30, 2013
I couldn't put this book down. Dr. Sadeghi's perspective on weight loss is revolutionary. He shares that our perception of our bodies is one we have created in our own minds -- and each of us have the power to let go of, and re-write this story. Life is an inside job, not an outside job (diets, fads, genetics) and the power of our mind to affect the way we FEEL is our truth. This book is not just for someone looking to lose weight; it's for anyone looking to transform their life. Each chapter gives exercises to reflect upon your own beliefs and circumstances, and the book concludes with a 40-DAY PLAN to elevate your consciousness and awaken to your true essence, and most alive self. Thank you to Dr. Sadeghi for sharing your brilliance. You make happiness and loving your body so accessible to us. ~ Christine
55 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2014
There are things that do make sense...the mediation, some commonsense food advice, caring for yourself.

But too much of this book I ended up rolling my eyes and mumbling to myself that this guy is nuts. Ferment wheat berries to make a carbonated drink? Yeah I'll get right on that...

And he needs an editor..too many typos and errors. And lots of repetition. Lots. The same ideas presented over and over again. A good editor would have helped him distill his message down and present it more concisely. Sometimes more is just more.

The weight loss piece didn't come to the end and again...lots of repetitive steps. The way he lays it out is that every day you have your "core" of meditation, visualization, gratitude, and exercise. Then he adds in two wild-card pieces. Something nutritional (did I mention the fermented wheat berry brew?) and some activity. The nutritional pieces were pretty much different every day. But the activities tended to repeat themselves. Want to talk to your inner child? You will have LOTS of opportunities to set up two chairs facing each other and switch back and forth between the present you and the 8-year-old you. Really.

While I really do agree with some of his life force theories, overall, I was completely not impressed.

Maybe all this stuff is why Gweneth Paltrow (who writes the introduction to the book) is consciously uncoupling?
on January 28, 2014
Though billed as A Spiritual Awakening to Love and Weight Loss, Dr. Habib Sadeghi’s new book Within is really more a spiritual guide to self-love and self-mastery, with a stellar 40-day weight loss program tossed in as a bonus.

That’s not to say the book fails to address the subtitle it claims; it absolutely does. But, instead of tackling the weight loss issue from the standpoint of calories and cardio, Sadeghi speaks straight to the underlying issues of shame, guilt, self-loathing and self-sabotage that actually inspire weight issues and obesity, while providing practical and accessible explanations, perspectives and exercises that allow the reader to unravel anything and everything that’s keeping her from being her ideal weight, rocking the career of his dreams or finding a soul mate. But, that’s a lot of promises to fit on a paperback spine, as well as an almost absurdly ambitious intention. And so it is that Sadeghi’s book is a spiritual guide to weight loss (and awakening – that part fit).

Contextualized through the mind and experience of a doctor, Sadeghi breaks down a handful of popular spiritual and metaphysical ideas, and applies them to weight, as well as to overall health and happiness.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. – Albert Einstein.

Sadeghi tackles the weight issue from the levels of consciousness that contribute to it and gives the reader practical tools, as well as a very clear knowledge base from which to raise their consciousness, their emotional intelligence and their vibration. He touches on beliefs, feelings, the power of words and thoughts, visualization, meditation, affirmations, heart smarts and epigenetics, among a handful of other trendy spiritual topics.

It’s a comprehensive unearthing of the ways we make ourselves sick and fat and miserable, grounded into logical, cognitive reality by way of science and biology and plenty of experiential references that only a doctor could gather and organize. In filtering spiritual healing through an integrated left+right brained approach, it’s possible that Sadeghi will successfully dismantle any hippie-dippie New Age charges the suggestion of meditation, visualization and positive affirmations might otherwise inspire. Dare to dream, right?
on January 5, 2014
This is a revolutionary book about letting go of much more than just excess weight. In fact it is about letting go of the negative voices in your head, the self-judgments that plague us, the search for constant improvement, the guilt, resentments and misunderstandings piled up in our psyche. Dr. Sadeghi guides the reader profoundly, yet gently, toward self-love and acceptance, radiant health and inner calm. His understanding that extra weight represents an uncomfortableness in our own skin and that healing from within allows us to be in the world without that barrier resonates deeply and true.
on January 30, 2014
Not focused on weight loss specifically but more about total well-being and the factors that can help (or get in the way). The book has lots of little exercises to help really take in the message/ideas presented
on January 27, 2014
This is NOT a diet book. This is a book to help you better understand yourself and the world we live in. It's both profound and simple. I cannot say enough good things about this book. Don't hesitate: buy!
on April 11, 2014
This book hit me like a ton of bricks, but in a very good way. It reminds me of 'The Secret' (but even better) because it's very much about self love and living one's true potential.

It's much more than I thought it would be. It helped me to dig deep into some past issues and address them instead of push them down so that I can heal from them and move forward.

I'd recommend every time you find yourself reflecting onto something while reading, to take a moment and journal about it so that you can get even more out of this book.
on April 5, 2014
This book is not for everyone. I have been living "Feelings Buried Alive, Never Die" for the last 15 years. Recently I absorbed Zero Limits, so this was the next step in very deep inward healing. very powerful, and it is working. I started moving my teeth, straightening them and whitening them using the power within me. I am working on my spine and my bladder as well. Next I will disolve some fobias, I have been carring around in my DNA my life time. Very empowering principles. Thank you.
on January 23, 2014
Dr. Habib Sadeghi is hands down one of the most significant people in my life. Having first hand experience with him, his knowledge, expertise, own experiences and then watching as my own life transformed with his guidance is a priceless gift. Dr. Sadeghi takes health, nutrition and well-being to a whole new level. He's not only qualified, but has his own life experiences to back it up. I myself have battled with numbers eating disorders and I can tell you this book nails the heart of the issue spot on. It all starts with YOU. It all starts inside. In this book you will not only read it in one day ( I did), but it will stick with you in ways no other book seems to be able to do. This book touches on the core issue. It makes you look inside yourself. Do you love yourself? Accept yourself? These are the reasons we struggle with food. We take an internal issue and instead of addressing of lack of self-love we take it out with out bodies. Let this book awaken you. Read it multiple times. I suggest reading it with a highlighter to mark what really sparks your soul. Once you pick this book up, you are on a journey. A journey to peace, freedom and weight loss that requires only accepting who you are within. What a gift this book is to the world!

~Brittany Burgunder
on January 13, 2014
I've been seeing Dr. Sadeghi personally for many years, and I tell you what -- I can literally hear his voice as I am reading this book! It's like I am sitting in his office. To have this sort of access to Dr. S's knowledge is a real gift. I also took my mom to see Dr. S. She has had two close calls with heart attacks and has two stents inside her. She was on all sorts of prescriptions due to her weight and her broken heart. Together, they were able to get her off some of the meds, and she is now continuing to feel better and do this emotional work on her heart. She has more energy than I do! Please take advantage of this opportunity....he knows what he is talking about and I believe he is blessed with a gift to heal.