4.0 out of 5 stars Best for those experimenting with aerial video
The WL Toys V959 provides a low cost entry into the world of aerial video.
It would suit a total beginner (noob, newbie) if they removed the camera and learned the basic operation outside in calm winds or inside in a very large area. Otherwise, you'd probably be better off learning on a machine without a camera and then picking this up as your 2nd quad...
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars It'd get 5 stars, if everything worked...
This is a pretty cool little quadcopter. It was actually the first one that I've ever flown. Handling was good and although the instructions were difficult to understand because of their poor grammar, it's easy to get the hang of. One problem though, the camera that I got didn't work! I used it as instructed but all of my videos came out extremely blurry and useless. I...
Published 11 months ago by CV

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product, bad service, February 23, 2014
This review is from: WLtoys V959 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter Camera With Spare Part Bubble Blower V959-17 (Toy)
I had received this product, and within 2 days, the back right propeller came off of it, and to make my day even worse, the wire disconnected. I contacted the seller a long, LONG time ago, and contacted him a few days ago too, and he has no responded even once. I am only giving these 2 stars because it has some cool features and can do stunts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, February 5, 2014
Did not fly. No matter what trim I used and I have 40 years flying machines. Was charged a 15% restocking fee even though it was defective.

5.0 out of 5 stars one tough copter!, January 23, 2014
This is one tough little quadcopter. I was flying about 40 feet up when I lost control and it slammed upside down onto the pavement, I knew I had destroyed it. To my surprise, nothing was broken and the only scratches were on the blades, I was amazed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Border line false advertisment, January 17, 2014
The quad is well built in that can take a bashing and still return to flight. But as far as the advertised "Video Camera" borders on false advertisment as it is not a "video"camera but rather cheap poor built still camera. It would be nice if it is advertised as video camera,,,, that it would be what you get. Wink

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Easy to Fly, January 10, 2014
My son had never flown any type of RC vehicle before. He mastered this one in an hour. Just so you know, the trick is to pop it up off of the ground about 4 feet really quick. If you try to baby it up the rotor wash makes it uncontrollable and it will crash. It's an amazingly fun "toy" and we've had hours and hours of fun with it. (Buy the extra batteries!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, January 3, 2014
Super for a beginner but needs cs winds to fly best. Camera is terrific at heights of over 50 feet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quad copter, December 29, 2013
This is a great little quad copter. It flies nicely, the video is decent for something this inexpensive. The radio works well and I have had numerous crashes without a single break. My only complaint would be that the instructions are severely lacking.
Things to know about this quad:
-Video can be toggled with the upper left button on the top of the controller. When it is in video mode the light on the bottom of the camera will go to a slow flashing red. Also, video must be shut off (green light on camera) or the video file will not be written to the micro sd card.
- To get the controller/copter synced, plug in the copter (while it is sitting on a flat surface) then quickly turn on the radio. Adjust throttle to lowest setting then move up just a bit to test the radio/copter have connected.
- When hovering at a decent altitude it is easy to lose orientation of the craft and is a recipe for a crash. I have found that the best thing you can do is bring the throttle down to about 1/4, take hands off the controls and it will often stabilize and allow you to regain control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! Had tons of fun!, December 27, 2013
Dont fly it really high in the wind. haha. I lost mine the first day I had it. Kinda stupid of me. The camera works well and is pretty nice. I'll be buying another one when I have the cash to spend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Flys Erratically, December 4, 2013
After only a couple of short flights, pieces of the copter was coming off. Then one the last straw is when the blades gears came apart there was no easy way for me to fix it. Was a waste of money and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome fun!, October 16, 2013
This thing is easy to fly and does really good pictures and video! Already has taken a few good crashes and nothing broke....due to flying in higher winds than it should be flown.

Rate and Discover Movies