Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: WMF SmarTea Tea Set
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 23, 2012
I spent some time trying to find the right teapot for my boyfriend and I, we drink a lot of tea. After dinner or during a movie we will have 10+ cups each! So the little tiny glass teapots didn't seem right for us. This pot is 48oz!!(and that's not overfilling it either). That is 8, 6 oz cups for those of you who don't want to do the math!!

The tea warmer works really well, it keeps the tea at perfect drinking temperature.

The best part of this teapot, which I feel is poorly described by the seller is that the lid has a very nice rubber ring that holds it in place perfectly, and is so well designed it also removes with ease. AND if you are using the infuser the lid holds onto the infuser so you can lift it out without touching the hot strainer, then it pops off easily so you can put it back on the teapot, It's amazing!!

The glass is very thin, but it is similar to that on a standard coffee pot.

I tested the pouring spout to see if I would get a drip like other reviewers mentioned, I poured at every conceivable speed and not one drip!

The infuser seems well made, I simply dunked it under water to clean all the tea leaves out.

I am very happy with this purchase, in fact this is my first review (for a product to make me happy enough to write a review, well.. I feel that alone says something)
review image review image
on March 7, 2011
I bought this teapot as a gift for my wife this past Christmas, and it has been a big hit.

I carefully inspected it after my wife had opened it, and I can report that there was no sign of any manufacturing flaws like a previous reviewer had experienced.

I was impressed with the high quality of construction and it has proven to make very fine cup of tea.

The tea light candle holder is also a nice touch and works well.

**Update July 2013**

For those concerned about this products durability, even though it does appear fragile, the WMF SmarTea has continued to survive in our busy home for 2.5 years now. As beautiful and functional as ever.
on April 27, 2009
i always love WMF's design and quality, but not for this tea pot. overall quality of the glass pot is fine, the strainer is made of steel mashed wire and there is some metal fringe hanging right around the connecting vertical line--which is not supposed to be made that way--cut my hands a couple of times and damaged the washing sponge while cleaning the strainer. a small but critical manufacturing issue.
on July 13, 2014
I bought the teapot back in 2008and 6 years later it is still looking like the day I used it for the first time. The lid is so tight it keeps the tea warm for a very long time even without lighting the tea light. Like many reviews I was worried the glass was delicate but I realized it's practically like my French press, durable. I am careful with it, I love the optional to use strainer. It's a beautiful piece for the kitchen and I get complements too.
on September 4, 2011
The WMF SmarTea tea set is a beautiful, thoughtful melding of form and function.

Build quality is top notch, and everything works as it should.

It looks great doing so, too: if you light the tea light to keep your pot warm, the entire pot seems to glow from within.

This is one of my favorite teapots, but I have to admit my perception of it is definitely colored by the fact that I picked it up (brand new) for $15 at a thrift store.

As nice as it is, I must admit that I would probably never consider buying it for the full retail price of $120.

Therefore, please understand that my five-star rating is a reflection of design and build quality, and does not take price into consideration.
on April 23, 2009
Recently purchased this teapot. Very sweet and smart indeed. Holds a decent amount of tea 1.5 quarts and keeps the tea warm for hours. Can be used to brew bagged, loose,or flowering teas. The lid is very secure and stays on while pouring. Only draw back is the spout sometimes leaks if you pour too fast. Can also use this pot anywhere in the home or out on the patio. A must for every tea lover.
on September 14, 2009
We love the clean, modern lines of this teapot and enjoy using it, particularly with the tealight warmer (it really does keep it warm). Just need to be careful washing/rinsing the teapot because the glass looks and feels thin and delicate. I always handwash because I'm afraid any type of clanking in the dishwasher will crack the glass.
on February 1, 2014
We love this item--so good looking and for the first time, I enjoyed Earl Grey Tea because the loose tea is so much tastier than the teabags we had been buying. The tea stay hot and it's so simple to use!
on July 15, 2011
Bought the tea set as a wedding gift for friends in Madrid, Spain who had seen it at my daughter's home and admired it. It packed and traveled easily. The minute they unwrapped it they both broke out in big smiles as they immediately recognized it and they were thrilled to receive it. The SmarTea Set brews good tea, keeps it hot, and makes a lovely presentation. Happy chai!
on January 26, 2008
I own this set, since couple of years.And it is the best out there.
Stylish, easy to clean and the tea comesout perfect.
It might be pricy but well worth it!