Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: WMF Manaos / Bistro Teaspoons, Set of 4
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 5, 2011
About two months ago, I decided to upgrade my flatware and purchased the 50 piece WMF Manaos/Bistro flatware set. I was very happy with this purchase, as the utensils are high-polish, clean easily and are the right weight - not too heavy, not too light. They are also made with no sharp edges, so they feel good in your hand when using them. I wanted to add on to my set and decided to buy a set of 4 dinner forks, 4 salad forks, 4 teaspoons and 4 table spoons. The moment I handled them, I could tell they were different from my original set. They looked identical to the original, however, were thinner at the handle upon closer inspection, lighter weight and pretty easy to bend. It made a difference in how they felt during use. To be sure I wasn't nuts (because after all, the two side by side utensils looked identical), I weighed a utensil from my 50-piece set and then weighed the 4-piece version with my digital scale. Sure enough - they were different! The teaspoon from the 50-piece set weighed 1.06oz/30 grams. The 4 piece version weighed .85oz/24g. The dinner fork from the 50-piece set weighed 1.98oz./56g, the 4 piece version weighed 1.27oz/36g. This may not be a big deal for some people, but for me it was. The 4 piece versions are not as sturdy and feel light weight, which to me feels cheaper, especially when I can bend them with my hands. I am disappointed, since the product descriptions for both the 50 piece and the 4 piece versions give no indication there is a difference. They are overall okay utensils, just not the quality I wanted or expected.
on October 14, 2010
Great size for the teaspoon. The handle is about 4" and the scoop length about 2", scoop width 1.25".
The teaspoon is shiny as everyone had said and has a good feel to it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 27, 2013
I've been using these spoons for years which is a testament to their durability. They have a nice, simple, unadorned design and look attractive on the table. Over the years, I have noticed a couple flaws with these spoons however.

The necks of the spoons bend fairly easily. For typical teaspoon usage, you won't have a problem but if you push down hard, they will bend. They also easily bend back to whatever angle you want so it's not a big deal.

The handle is a bit too narrow which makes them slightly uncomfortable to hold. Again, for delicate teaspoon usage, it's not much of an issue.

If you are looking for an attractive, delicate teaspoon, these will work great. If you want something that is a bit tougher like for scooping out ice cream, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

UPDATE: I would recommend the Venice 18/10 Stainless Steel Teaspoons which are significantly thicker and tougher than the WMF teaspoons.
on November 23, 2010
I was fooled by other reviews into thinking these were sturdier, better quality spoons. I bought 2 sets of four spoons. Within two weeks all 8 spoons are bent from either dishwasher or hard ice cream. Made in Vietnam. Disappointed, would neither recommend nor buy again.
on May 22, 2012
We are always running out of teaspoons and finally I did something about it. First I tried to match my Oneida set but didn't find my pattern. Then I researched adding eight Oneida teaspoons of a very plain pattern and the cost made me search Amazon.com and 2 sets of the Bistro teaspoons were just fine and so reasonable too. I got them today and used them tonight to serve ice cream and they did not bend. If I make a comparison between the Oneida teaspoons and the Bistro teaspoons...the Oneida are heavier and seem to be of a better quality; however, the Bistro teaspoons serve my purpose of having extra teaspoons on hand at a reasonable price. They were packaged very well and arrived within two days after I placed my order.
on September 18, 2009
If you like simple, medium size silverware, this is it. I had a set that I purchased years ago from Crate & Barrel but I gave it to my son - thinking that I will be able to find another just like it. But it was not easy and I bought few sets in between that just did not cut it.
This silverware is beautiful, smooth, great quality.
on April 19, 2015
I love these spoons. Have bought before but somehow I always manage to throw spoons out! I've gone through at least 5 spoons. So I order these from time to time. A nice clean design and they don't lose their finish.
on December 17, 2009
Very shiny, not too heavy, not too light, nice feel to them. They are maybe a tiny tiny bit larger than some teaspoons, so they could also be easily used for a cup of soup
on October 8, 2011
After reading the reviews, I was concerned that these spoons would bend easily. However, they are a decent weight and durable enough for every day use. Good replacement spoons but found same quality and cheaper at Target.
on November 10, 2009
I am very pleased that I purchased WMF Bistro forks, knives , spoons and teaspoons. Excellent quality, no need to dry them with a towel after the dishwasher. Very very shiny, with a clean design (the incrustations on the surface of some other expensive silverware make it so difficult to maintain it clean and good looking). WMF is an old company with a great reputation and I've always been pleased with the high quality of their products. The knives have printed WMF logo (with no taika or china). Also this Bistro edition silverware is much cheaper than any other WMF silverware set. I will definately get esspresso an desert sets.