Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 14, 2013
This is a fantastically fine piece of strainer. I use it to clean my stocks and clear soups. I prefer my soups to be low-fat, which is a problem when cooking an entire skin-on bone-in chicken. I used to have to skim off the fat painstakingly with a spoon or ladle, which, as I'm sure any cook knows, is a gigantic pain especially in a deep stock pot. Well, no more manual skimming! This fantastic strainer can easily skim out the fat puddles on the surface of stocks! I'm getting my mom one too, as she has always complained about the annoyance of skimming fat.
on November 14, 2010
Just want to express how happy I am with this strainer. I was searching for a strainer that would get all of the pulp out of my fresh carrot juice. This does a great job of that. So much better than any strainer that I have found in the local stores. So if you are looking for a strainer that is supper fine, but not so fine that liquid will not quickly run through it, then this is the one for you.
on October 25, 2011
I have a couple mesh sieves and I thought they worked well until I started using this - I got almost 1.5 tablespoons of debris from my homemade chicken stock that had already been run through my best strainer. The shape helps it sit well in my Pyrex measuring cups (both the one and two cup) and was great for flipping doughnuts.
on May 26, 2013
In typical WMF style they have produced a high quality strainer. The handle has an excellent feel and the mesh, which is very fine, does a marvelous job. It is excellent getting out those little chunks from the gravy as well as any other hand straining job where you require a fine sieve. I would highly recommend this product and I anticipate it lasting for many many years to come.
on March 14, 2013
This kitchen tool is everything I hoped it would be. The mesh is finer than I expected - which is a good thing, because I use it to strain the scum off when making broth and home-made soups and stews. I chose this particular strainer because the strainer part was angled from the handle - perfect for dipping down into a tall stock pot. It is equally handy taking the milk solids off the top when clarifying butter in a saute pan. The strainer is sturdily built and I'm thinking I'll get many years of service from it.

Other long-handled strainers are made differently because they are made for a different purpose. This one is the best for what I use it for.
on January 23, 2014
I bought this to replace another one I bought, that I was not too happy with. The size of this is perfect. The mesh is super fine, and it is a very well made kitchen tool. I would definitely buy it again, although I don't think I will need to, it should last a long time.
on April 26, 2012
Works perfectly for tea. Should a tea bag break when your making sweet tea or large amounts of iced tea. Just wish it came in a larger size and longer handle.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 25, 2015
So far I love this strainer. I have a couple of the fine mesh strainer, but I like this one because the angle of the strainer to the handle makes it more handy for scooping. Many of the others I have the strainer is more parallel to the handle. Although each design of strainer has its purpose, this one is good to stain the bones, meat and spices from homemade broth. The other style works better for skimming the scum off of corned beef or the initial skimming of scum from broths. This skimmer is fine enough that it gets most of the small particles from broth, and the final filtering with cheese cloth really doesn't have much to catch.

As with some of the other skimmers of this sort, the handle is attached with 3 small welds. I have experiences welds of this kind eventually breaking rendering the strainer useless. I hope that doesn't happen with this one.
on August 31, 2011
I love to cook. I want a kitchen stocked with beautifully feeling and looking, plus perfectly functionally designed kitchen tools. You wouldn't think that combination would be so hard to find. I don't have a lot of extra money, but this is all important to me and I am slowly upgrading my kitchen tools to satisfy this motto. Anyway, this item has a beautiful weight and feel, I'm sure it works great.... buuuut half of the WMF products that I order from Amazon arrive poorly packaged and with minor dents and/or scratches in the beautiful metal. I'm fine with these pieces developing those symptoms over time from use, but not when it first arrives. I keep having to send them back. I highly suggest (if you care) that you carefully inspect each piece that arrives. Otherwise, this is a beautiful piece. As others have noticed, it is a fine mesh strainer, which would work well for rice.
on September 23, 2012
The WMF Profi Plus Mesh strainer has the perfect "in between" size. Larger then a tea strainer and smaller than a normal sieve. The mesh is fine enough to keep all bits and pieces that you would like to get out of your soup, tea or whatever else. And I do use it quite often while baking. It is so very practical. The shakers will throw the flour or powdered sugar all over the place, but with this strainer I am able to work precisely over the dough or cake. And no working without an end in sight like with a tea strainer.
I always cook fruit tea ( no bags, just the real stuff) that will be strained into another jug and placed in the fridge. I only need to place the strainer over the jug and be done in no time without any mess.
This strainer has been a great addition to my basic Profi Plus gadgets.