5.0 out of 5 stars Extra Fine Mesh Strainer is EXTRA FINE
Published on November 14, 2010 by M. Rogol

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected
Still a good quality device, well made. I use it for deep fryer cooking and for screening the "gunk" out of the oil. It works fine for that.
Published 16 months ago by Dave V.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra Fine Mesh Strainer is EXTRA FINE, November 14, 2010
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
Just want to express how happy I am with this strainer. I was searching for a strainer that would get all of the pulp out of my fresh carrot juice. This does a great job of that. So much better than any strainer that I have found in the local stores. So if you are looking for a strainer that is supper fine, but not so fine that liquid will not quickly run through it, then this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sieve in the House, October 25, 2011
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
I have a couple mesh sieves and I thought they worked well until I started using this - I got almost 1.5 tablespoons of debris from my homemade chicken stock that had already been run through my best strainer. The shape helps it sit well in my Pyrex measuring cups (both the one and two cup) and was great for flipping doughnuts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, easily skims off even grease, March 14, 2013
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
This is a fantastically fine piece of strainer. I use it to clean my stocks and clear soups. I prefer my soups to be low-fat, which is a problem when cooking an entire skin-on bone-in chicken. I used to have to skim off the fat painstakingly with a spoon or ladle, which, as I'm sure any cook knows, is a gigantic pain especially in a deep stock pot. Well, no more manual skimming! This fantastic strainer can easily skim out the fat puddles on the surface of stocks! I'm getting my mom one too, as she has always complained about the annoyance of skimming fat.

5.0 out of 5 stars best strainer I have found..., April 26, 2012
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
Works perfectly for tea. Should a tea bag break when your making sweet tea or large amounts of iced tea. Just wish it came in a larger size and longer handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars carefully inspect!, August 31, 2011
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
I love to cook. I want a kitchen stocked with beautifully feeling and looking, plus perfectly functionally designed kitchen tools. You wouldn't think that combination would be so hard to find. I don't have a lot of extra money, but this is all important to me and I am slowly upgrading my kitchen tools to satisfy this motto. Anyway, this item has a beautiful weight and feel, I'm sure it works great.... buuuut half of the WMF products that I order from Amazon arrive poorly packaged and with minor dents and/or scratches in the beautiful metal. I'm fine with these pieces developing those symptoms over time from use, but not when it first arrives. I keep having to send them back. I highly suggest (if you care) that you carefully inspect each piece that arrives. Otherwise, this is a beautiful piece. As others have noticed, it is a fine mesh strainer, which would work well for rice.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT QUALITY PRODUCT, May 26, 2013
Senor Gancho (Winnipeg, MB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
In typical WMF style they have produced a high quality strainer. The handle has an excellent feel and the mesh, which is very fine, does a marvelous job. It is excellent getting out those little chunks from the gravy as well as any other hand straining job where you require a fine sieve. I would highly recommend this product and I anticipate it lasting for many many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for skimming that nasty grey scum from chicken stock., February 17, 2013
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
Works well. I suppose it could be a little bigger, but that's not a real complaint. The mesh is ultra-fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, September 23, 2012
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
The WMF Profi Plus Mesh strainer has the perfect "in between" size. Larger then a tea strainer and smaller than a normal sieve. The mesh is fine enough to keep all bits and pieces that you would like to get out of your soup, tea or whatever else. And I do use it quite often while baking. It is so very practical. The shakers will throw the flour or powdered sugar all over the place, but with this strainer I am able to work precisely over the dough or cake. And no working without an end in sight like with a tea strainer.
I always cook fruit tea ( no bags, just the real stuff) that will be strained into another jug and placed in the fridge. I only need to place the strainer over the jug and be done in no time without any mess.
This strainer has been a great addition to my basic Profi Plus gadgets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient kitchen tool, October 24, 2013
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
This strainer works well doing what it's intended to do which is to strain out what I don't want from a hot pot. Looks good. Just need a place to hang it to show it off rather than stowing away in a drawer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, June 20, 2013
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Fine Mesh Strainer (Kitchen)
This strainer was a replacement to my husbands old one. It haves a finer mesh. He loves it.
Yes, I would recommend it to a friend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›