Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 2, 2013
I liked this little debate between this husband and wife, and I am glad she rebudled. There were alot of lines from both her husband's book and this one that I was laughing out loud for the familiarity of it. I had to laugh, at my husband, myself, what can I say, it it what it is
on January 6, 2013
This is a very good contemporary look at male / female communication styles their effect on a relationship. While the title takes a swipe a males, the effects on self-esteem of men and women are covered respectfully if humorously. The book also takes it swipes at females and the use of understatement to couch true feelings in order to test if their mate is paying attention. All in all, a very useful reminder of differences and expectations.
on December 16, 2014
I would say it reads like a high school student's senior thesis, but that would be insulting to the masses of intelligent and talented kids out there who actually CAN write.

"Well if you are not happy, he isn't happy either." "Let's talk about testosterone. What the hell is going on there?" "So men want sex, and they want it now."

Just a few examples of the "profound" insights into human nature I discovered in this bloated version of what could be found in any issue of Cosmo. Obviously written for those who either have been living in caves for the last generation or just lack simple common sense.
on January 13, 2013
I have now read a good many books on relationships, counseling, marriage, relationships, men and women ... did I say relationships? Laverdiere (with her husband, Mark) writes very intelligently with a great deal of humor intertwined. It keeps the material enjoyable and relatable. I think she wanted the book to shoot like an arrow at the interest of men since the first chapter deals with sex. She admits in the book that that is the first thing men think about, so admittedly it is the first thing written about. I'm glad because it immediately engages the reader on what is relevant. The book continues to be so. People who want to have more enrichment in their marriage, relationship, whatever, will gain a lot by reading this book. Each chapter has a separate summary for men and women, discussion question(s) and practical application suggestions. Don't only read this book, put it to work. It is one of the better relationship books available for Kindle.
on January 13, 2013
I discovered Mark Laverdiere when I was looking for some books on relationship advice, and I loved the first book of his that I read WHY MEN ARE FROM EARTH AND WOMEN ARE NOT FROM VENUS; A Romantic Comedy for Understanding the Alpha Male. It was both practical and funny! When I saw that this book had been released, I knew that I had to read it! It may even be better than his first book... probably because his wife's input adds a really nice perspective and really rounds out the advice. This is definitely a rebuttal to his first book but you could read it as a stand alone. I recommend reading both books with your partner - you will get some good relationship tips and have a good laugh (which makes reading relationship books way more fun in my opinion!).
on January 8, 2013
Women Are From Earth and Men Are From The Moon is a funny, well written romantic comedy about Mark and Carol's life together. This book contains funny anecdotes and intelligent and useful advice. A must read for both men and women!
My next Kindle purchase will definitely be "Why Men Are From Earth And Women Are Not From Venus" by Mark Laverdiere.
on January 31, 2013
What a delightful read! Carol has hit the nail with the hammer, dead bang on! I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful book, well written and very insightful, not to mention the wit and humor that accompany the sound advice. There is much to be said for many of the suggestions that she has offered, and I truly believe both men and women should take the time to read this book for sure. Very helpful and informative when it comes to understanding the opposite sex.
on February 24, 2013
Not recommended. Its mostly the author complaining and making digs at her husband, than actually helping the reader or learning something.
on April 8, 2013
Is not what I expected. Thought it would be a little more informative. Not my cup of tea. I did not enjoy the book.
on February 20, 2013
I found this book appalling to bed this author had nothing to do so she tried to make money from her air brain.