Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TOMS Women's TOMS CLASSICS BURLAP CASUAL SHOES 8.5 (BLACK)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 8.5 B(M) US|Color: Black|Change

on November 13, 2010
I am a huge fan of Tom's shoes. I have several pairs including the linen and cords. I have to say that I am very disappointed in the burlap shoes. They get dirty very quickly and fall apart after only a few wears. I am a teacher and comfort is important when you are on your feet all day. I recommend buying any pair of Tom's shoes except for the burlap. Not as good quality as the other ones.
on October 26, 2011
So I've been reading reviews on how people's TOMS wear out with holes and broken soles in a few months. I've had mine now for about four months. I wore them probably about three times a week while working in Colorado as a camp counselor...meaning, I was wearing them on constant rough terrain - dirt pathways/roads and sometimes rocky areas. I did that for a couple months. For the last couple months, I've been home and wearing them about 4 to 6 times a week. The ONLY wear I have is from the crease that forms when you're on you're tippy toes, a crease that forms right where the bottoms of your toes start. And even then it's just a little breakage of thread about half an inch wide, but still no holes. Some of the pattern on the bottoms of the soles have faded, but the soles themselves are still in perfect condition. And, my TOMS have no smell whatsoever, aside from a leathery smell coming from the inside sole. Considering I'm moving to Colorado and will probably not be wearing them for the winter season, I see these shoes lasting me at least another year. Love them to death and they're oh so comfy!
11 comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2014
I never write reviews like this, but these shoes have been such a bad buy!

After wearing the shoes only a few times, there are multiple holes (two holes at the front of each shoe where the fabric sort of folds.) They are obvious holes and look TERRIBLE. Not only that, but they have also torn on the sides (when you walk, where your shoe naturally folds.)

I tried to contact TOMS about their warranty, but since I purchased them from an 'unauthorized dealer' (ie through Amazon), they will not replace them.

I am VERY, VERY, VERY disappointed. It's a shame that this happened because they were my first pair of TOMS. And my last...
review image review image
on March 15, 2013
I love Tom's shoes. However, they were a little big and so I decided that a 1/2 size smaller than my regular shoe size would be a better fit.
on April 13, 2016
So, a few things. First, a lot of people were saying that they received knock-off Toms, but they never posted the seller's name. I noticed that the sellers are all different for the different style of TOMS. I ordered the black on black canvas. I did not have any problems at all. They were genuine TOMS -- new and in the box, as advertised. My advice would be to check the seller reviews before ordering if you're worried. Second, I recommend ordering your size, not a size up or down. The shoes start out tight, but they are canvas shoes and will stretch out to a perfect fit. I can never wear them comfortably on the first shot, so I bundle tube socks and stuff them really tightly into the shoes and leave them overnight to stretch them and they're always perfect the next day. These are my fifth pair of TOMS and I love them and I plan to purchase another color soon. I think they're super comfortable once they're stretched out. I wear them everywhere for everything. My only issue is waterproofing. These shoes tend to soak in water from the bottom, but I can waterproof the shoes myself with Nikwax Canvas Waterproofer (which is recommended and guaranteed not to hurt your shoes, according to the TOMS website), so it isn't that much of an issue for me.
on October 6, 2015
I love these shoes though I miss the fit of my old pair that I bought before Tom's standardized the fit of their shoes . These are a little too long, expecially on the right foot. Nonetheless, I will buy these again in the future. BTW, I was surprised to see the number of comments regarding the fraying of the burlap. These shoes are not for people who are buttoned down with every hair in place. Yes the burlap does wear out fast, but that just gives them personality. I doesn't bother me because it's ultra casual - just keep wearing them. personality and all.
on June 23, 2016
I like these shoes they are comfortable to wear but they needed to be "broken" in. I hate that. The first time I wore them they felt very snug and hard to get on. I have a small bunion on my right foot, and it was a form of torture to wear these on the first day. I actually got a blister and could not wait to take them off. The second time I wore them, I dampened the spot where it was rubbing and wore a bandaid, this helped stretch that spot very nicely. The shoes have stretched out to the point where they are almost too big for me. I guess I could wet them again and let them dry in the sun?? Anyway I do like the look of them and I am happy with them. I just wish I did to have to break them in.
on April 28, 2016
These shoes do not disappoint! I love them. They are the perfect summer shoe and go well with any straw bag. The fit is excellent. For me, that's a huge plus because I have many problems finding shoes that are comfortable. I have several pairs of Tom's and plan to order more. Huge selection to chose from and I like the way they "give back" with their practice of providing a pair of shoes to those who need them for every pair sold.
on November 11, 2012
Very rough even on the inside, overpriced. Although product advertises for every shoe bought, a child in need gets a pair..I just hope they get a better quality pair.
on January 22, 2016
Very comfortable flats. I purchased these in navy and they were not a true navy (a little on the lighter side of navy). I needed true navy, so I purchased navy fabric spray paint and painted them twice to get the deep color I needed. I would definitely recommend these Toms though. I have them in navy, black and burlap.