5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and service, August 5, 2012
This review is from: WS-POE-8-48v60w passive Power Over Ethernet POE Injector for 8 IP cameras, VOIP phones or Access Points, 48 volts, 60 watts max (Electronics)
This is a great product with fast shipping. you can use just about any power supply you want (if you need a specific voltage). for 802.3af you need the 48V power supply. the case is plastic but not flimsy and is clearly labeled for LAN and POE.

this product is cheaper than and less mess then having to buy 8 POE injectors. one power code for 8 things. and since injectors are usually 15-40 bucks each you save money after 2-3 devices.

UPDATE

29JUN2013

The power supply that shipped with my unit failed, and i didn't even use it that much. It says it has 1 year warranty so I email them via amazon, they ask me to call them and I did. I explained to them what happend and they shipped me out a new power supply on WED and i got it on Friday!!!! Top service !

They have since changed power supply's and the new one uses a standard monitor cord and seem of high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable, powers 5 Hikvision IP Cameras, December 27, 2013
I have been using this POE Injector since the beginning of October, 2013 and have not had any issues with it at all. Currently it powers 5 Hikvision cameras (4 Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I Bullet's and 1 Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Dome's). It's plugged into a UPS system to preserve power during brown / black outs and has never had to be reset since I originally plugged it in. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, deliver steady / reliable power to POE capable devices, such as IP Cameras.

I recommend this unit to anyone looking for 48V / 60W POE.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy mounting; great unit, April 17, 2014
For use with my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I Outdoor HD 3MP IP Bullet cam ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G7GMEOG/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_4 ). I was a little scared to use a 48V injector for what would otherwise be a 12V cam, but the very nice instruction sheet explained that PoE is typically higher voltage due to loss. The camera (apparently) has circuitry to correct for it.

The mounting holes are just far enough off the side that my #6 drywall screws had no problem fitting. The injector is mounted onto the underside of some wood hanging between my floor joists under the house and the power supply is zip tied on top (it would be great if the power brick had mounting screws, too). Everything has been working well for months through freezing temperatures and power flickers.

It's worth noting that this the injector drops you down to 100mbps, even if you're hooked through a gigabit switch. But as there's only 1 device per port beyond this injector, that's fine. This was a great deal compared to the other injectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as expected, November 21, 2013
Mike M. (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Does what it says. Worked well with my Polycom IP phones. I bought a bunch of 1ft cat 5 cables to jump from my switch to this unit as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, June 17, 2013
I was very surprised with this product. I used it in place of a much more expensive POE injector that did not have the capacity to drive all my devices. The injector worked great. We are purchasing several more for up coming project and to have one on each of our service trucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, October 13, 2013
It works great. I have two outdoor IP cameras at 12w, two indoor IP cameras at 5w and one indoor access point (not sure of the watts). All are working just fine. This is a less expensive alternative to individual POE injecters. This also helps with a clearner wireing closet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective POE, May 31, 2013
I used to buy POE switches, but since I discovered these units, I have not bought one since. These are great and they offer a rack mount model if you need that. I power remote POE equipment such as ip cameras and access points with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good for 2 weeks now., April 24, 2013
Michael J Eaton (Everett, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Using this to power 6 IP cameras and it is holding well. No problems what so ever. Be sure to connect the power cord to the device before you plug in the power supply plug. This will prevent sparks and arcs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Device and GREAT Seller, October 5, 2013
Item arrived quickly and was the easiest piece of hardware I ever installed in less than 2 min. Does what it claims and would buy another when i need it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sooo close but not perfect, August 22, 2013
This is a cute little idea. It is a powered block of 8 POE injectors side by side. Nice idea. I used zip strips to mount the unit on my rack beside my switch and it works great. This is not the newer higher power POE + injector, it's just standard 12.95 W. If you plug something in that needs the extra power, the green light on the side blinks.
Pros:
1. Small and compact
2. it works

Cons:
1. Personal preference, but It's like it's upside down. the LAN ports (non-powered) plug in on the bottom and the Powered POE ports plug in on the top. Somehow that just seems backwards to me.
2. It would be nice to have a LED for each port that is using the power being provided. That way if there was a fault with a cable you would know which cable has the fault. With only the one power light on the side, it's a little vague when there is a problem.

That's it. If I could take away half a star, I would probably give the 4.5 stars, but with the two con's it's just not quite perfect.

Rate and Discover Movies