5.0 out of 5 stars Good Saw
Published on August 12, 2007 by Eric B

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Saw Poor Service
The saw is well thought out and a nice piece of equipment. Unfortunately Worx customer service and parts availability are nonexistent. I have been waiting for a dust extractor for over 8 months. I have been told it is still on backorder, and there is no date scheduled for restocking.

Bottom line - if anything breaks, you may as well consider the saw...
Published on February 15, 2008 by GM 1954210

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Saw, August 12, 2007
Eric B "Handy" (Los Angeles area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WORX WT431K Revolver BladeRunner 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (Tools & Home Improvement)
So far this has been a really good saw. I was not familiar with the WORX brand so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleased to find that it wasn't a "cheap" product. I have used it on boards and cement. It is light, has plenty of power, and the blade is easy to change. I don't use a saw on a constant daily basis, so the ergonomic feature of the moving handle hasn't made any differance to me. You can lock that feature out if you don't want to use it. The case is bulky, but does provide nice protection for the saw. I checked around for deals elsewhere including Home Depot and Lowes, and nothing came close to the price I got on this 15 amp quality saw from Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Saw Poor Service, February 15, 2008

Bottom line - if anything breaks, you may as well consider the saw disposable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Saw, August 11, 2007
This is a great saw. I bought a Bosch C10 and it is was not stable at all. I took it back. I am sure the more I used it the worse it would get.

I was at True Value and found a very good deal on this saw. Best features:

1. Cuts 2x material with ease.
2. Built very solid. The tilt has an extra fastener on the back side this help the solid feel.
3. It comes with a case.
4. 2 year warranty.
5. Saw dust goes out the exhaust were it supposed to.
6. Magnesium construction.

I have only used a little bit and more than impressed with this saw

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice saw but perhaps lacking power for heavy duty use, August 6, 2007
I like this saw and I got mine on sale for a nice price. It is not a replacement for a heavy duty professional worm drive saw. It is well balanced and has a cute color scheme but the truth is it is just OK and makes a good garage saw and homeowner use tool. Compared to other consumer grade saws it is their equal or better. Compared to professional grade such as Milwaukee or Bosch just not quite there. If you need professional grade add a few more dollars and get something with a little more attitude. I like the saw and will use it for light jobs as an all around saw but if I need to cut heavier materials I will use the table saw, miter saw, or a worm drive saw.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far I'm very pleased..., June 21, 2009
My neighbor had burned up both a Skill and a Ryobi 7-1/4 saw within a couple of weeks while working to repair his roof. I am a true believer in decent quality tools that can last a life time and tried to convince him to bite the bullet and get a professional saw that would last.
As he didn't consider himself a professional, he was resistant to the extra expense and would have continued with what I refer to as "the disposable" models. I later came across the Worx WT431 for sale on line for less than the cost of another Skill or Ryobi replacement. I knew nothing at all of the Worx quality, but figured at worse; it would be just another disposable saw, for a little less money....
After he received the saw, I helped him replace some joist and decking using his newly acquired tool and I was amazed with this saw....

The Pros:
It was very smooth and quiet, indicating quality bearings.
It was light weight but powerful, suggesting a true 15A rating
The Teflon coated Magnesium foot move very smoothly over the cutting surface
The soft grip handle was very comfortable (I didn't take note or used any of the ergonomic features)
50 deg bevel capacity
Additionally it came with a nice carry case, rip fence, blade wrench, and carbide blade.

The Cons:
This tool is not European as the literature might suggest, it is manufactured in China, as are almost every other power tool currently in production, the good and the bad...

I was so impressed with the saw that I ordered one for myself the next day (like I really need another saw), but for the price I paid, it was a real bargain, time will tell if it measures up to "professional grade" but defiantly WAY above the Skill or Ryobi grade. Because of the light weight feature of this tool, it should prove very useful for ladder and climbing height uses, much better than my trusty and reliable but very heavy Milwaukee...

3.0 out of 5 stars strange saw bad view, March 22, 2008
-very awkward to use
-visibility of cut line is poor
-quiet
-seems to have enough power
-the shoe is not straight if you are planing on using a guide as i do i would have not bought this saw as i use it to cut large panels for cabinet installs
-reviewed by popular mechanics as the worst saw in the review all they tell you say is that it was in the test
-case is hard to close and fit everything back in
-previous saws were hitachi and makita
-might have been better if this was my first saw so i could get used to
the "fluid feel"
i have been a circular saw for 10 years professionally

4.0 out of 5 stars Worx like a charm, June 1, 2008
My older circ saws were adequate for my needs. I always believed that the quality and sharpness of the blade was more important than the saw itself. That's still a truism worth following. But I've got to say the Worx saw makes me believe the saw makes a difference, too. This saw is light weight, has a well thought out ergonomic feel, has easy to use guards and guides and comes well packaged. Add a brake, and this saw would be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORX Circular Saw A good product, June 6, 2013
After my purchase, I am writing a long-term use report. I am a hobbyist and diyer. So my usage of the saw is about once a month type. After over 2 years of usage, I find the product to perform very well with no issues!
Quality of materials is good. There is no rust on it in a garage that is hot and with high humidity.
I would recommend this product to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great saw for the price with a few problems..., August 23, 2010
For the price, you really can't beat this saw. It's very powerful so it cuts through anything with ease. The large base/platform gives you really straight cuts. The case is large but does a great job protecting the saw while transporting and/or storing.

The drawbacks: No brake for the blade. When you're done cutting, expect the blade to keep going for a while... The thumb screw that tightens the rip fence breaks very easily if you barely over-tighten it, which you're likely to do since you don't want the fence to move. This screw broke within the first hour of use. I sent it back to Amazon for a quick replacement. Amazon is amazing with replacements! Anyway, I was much more careful with the replacement saw but after a couple of weeks, the thumb fence screw broke on this one too. I like the saw so much I'm keeping it though! I can live with the screw for the fence being broken.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice product, March 11, 2010
it's really nice and sturdy, it is still working fine after several months, good buy!