Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > True Blood: Season 1 forum

WTF!!!! Eric's Maker is WHO!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 21, 2009 7:27:57 PM PDT
How and Why in the Hell is Godric Eric's maker? Since when, I fell on the floor laughing. I'm sorry I seem to be the only one totally upset that they are totally jacking up the book. I hope to get over it soon. I doubt it! I am literrally tittering on the edge!

I wish I had never read the books so I could actually enjoy the show without losing my mind!

I know it's a choice to watch it, soon I will have to make that tough decision. To Watch or Not To Watch!

Posted on Jul 27, 2009 5:15:00 AM PDT
staticradar says:
I too was really upset with the fact they made Godric Eric's maker, that was just a total WTF moment. There have been others but that one was almost unforgivable. I keep having to remind myself that this isn't the books on screen and to approach it as an AU of the books. It helps a bit.

Posted on Aug 16, 2009 7:15:47 AM PDT
I had read that the show deviated from the books, which I have never read. To me this makes sense and is a great direction, but I can see how fans of the books would be frustrated. What True Blood is becoming is very similar to how various animes are adapted from manga. They take the shell of the story and then fill it in with their own ideas.

Posted on Aug 20, 2009 11:17:13 PM PDT
I've only read the first book so far, but I've watched all the episodes up until the most recent one. It annoys me a little bit that there were changes, but a lot of the changes were for the better. I plan on reading the rest of the books though. True Blood is definitely one of my new favorite shows for sure.

Posted on Aug 22, 2009 11:05:35 AM PDT
E.Perna says:
SPOILERS....SPOILERS.... I am 1/2 way through book 5 & I agree with many of the posts. Some of the changes on the show I like bur most I don't. The whole drawn out story line about the Maenads her name was Callisto in the books & Maryann in show, needs to be over. I am not sure why the show creators chose that story line to expand on so much unless they liked the excuse to throw more people having sex into the series. The show has not done a very good job explaining her motives for her behavior. In the book it explains that she creates chaos of sex,drinking & violence b/c that is how she essentially maintains her strength. The story line in the show is boring. However, I think my biggest grievance is the shows portrayal of the relationship between Bill, Eric & Sookie. I really liked Anna Paquin in the 1st season, however in the books the chemistry between Eric & Sookie is much more palatable, Eric is still a "rougue" yet he has a very undefinable draw to Sookie and very human like "soft spot" I don't feel that the show has done a good job translating this. He takes very special care with her. In the show I get this very grade school like, he's gross, type of vibe from Sookie, yet in the books she thinks he's evil & has a dangerous agenda of his own, but she is very attracted to him... and then there is the fact that there is zero chemistry betweenthe actors Anna Paquin & Alex Skarsgard and that's too bad because that is a very key element of the books. Bravo to the creators on the casting of Alex Skarsgard: Eric perfect for the extra large extra fair viking, Nelsan Ellis as Lafayette Reynolds awesome!! and kudos for not killing him off, now maybe you can explain the whole prisoner in the basement thing, plus you kept him in the story line so why don't you use him more??? Chris Bauer as Andy Bellefluer (the only one besides Sookie who knows that something isn't quite right around Bon Temp!!) I like the introduction of Tara's mother into the show it develops her character more, however the character on the show is definatley much less sophisticated then the character in the books.....Ok so I could go on and on but I will get off my soapbox now. (before I get pushed) ..what do I know anyway I'm just a fan from Nebraska :0

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2009 5:05:37 PM PDT
Seriously I don't get the big deal about Godric I mean if you were to put Lestat and Godric in an arena and make them duke it out Lestat would win and he's only 200 years old! Now just imagine what Marius could do or Akasha for that matter.

Posted on Aug 22, 2009 11:21:58 PM PDT
I AM A.M. says:
Yeah but you really can't put Godric in a fight with Lestat. Godric changed his ways. Lestat will always be evil.

Posted on Aug 24, 2009 9:19:06 AM PDT
ReddStealth says:
I am a newbie to the tv series and I am hooked! I love the secondary characters as well as some of the main ones. To me, the main cast members are being supported by the secondary cast members. I might not ever read the books but I see similarities between some of Charlaine Harris's characters and Stephanie Meyers. Well similar situations of the characters Bill/Sookie and the shapeshifter and Edward/Bella and the shapeshifter. Wow Stephanie Meyers and Charlaine Harris both at the Atlanta Dragon Convention would be a very good thing eh?

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 3:35:11 PM PDT
Keri Dawn says:
Ok I can see why some of you are upset with the whole "movie isnt like the book" I am a fan of vampires in general, and the fact for me is, True blood although based on the books are not like the books. They have the same outline, the first season it took a while to get used to, but after I realized that the movie was going to be different I began to become in love with this different side of true blood. I have read all the books, and I can honestly say that the movie is every bit as good as the books. I love the books as well, but come on people, unlike Twilight (which is a great young adult movie in a way) True Blood shows things in a different way, Twilight pretty much followed the book, which is ok... but with True blood you find new things, that way you dont always know what happens. To me it makes the show completely unique and on your edge just waiting for the week to go by to find out what happens next. The writers are brilliant, Wouldnt it be boring if it went by the book? Everyone who has read all the books would already know what was going to happen.... what is the fun in that!!! Just my opinion... both the show and the books are equally amazing in their own way, and I am proud to be apart of the generation that is able to have such talented amazing Vampire things going on. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2009 10:20:45 AM PDT
I beg to differ Keri Dawn. Twilight the movie was a whole lot different than Twilight the book.
True Blood the show and then the Sookie Stackhouse books are way different. The director of the show already said that he was going to take the show in a different direction. I understand that the books are completely from Sookie's point of view, so to give all the characters a background on the show...they had to change things up quite a bit. The only thing that's completely annoying me right now is this stupid Maened storyline. In the book, she was there for all of about 20 minutes...in the show, she's taken up the whole damn season!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 8, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
True Blood: Season 1
True Blood: Season 1 by Anna Paquin (DVD - 2014)
4.4 out of 5 stars (8,152)