Customer Discussions > Radiant Historia - Nintendo DS forum

WTF(!) with Radiant Historia?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2011 10:24:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2011 10:25:22 PM PST
Peragulator says:
Between Etrian Odyssey (3) and Radiant Historia they're both 70-90 bucks here and ebay. What's going on? Zombie Daisuki at that price I'll give you, but these two titles for that kind of money is strange.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 1:34:57 AM PST
A. Reyes says:
That's because both games are out of print and are rare now, therefore the prices go up. I own RH with the Bonus CD, and I must say, I'm quite happy with my purchase, The most I'll spend on RH is 40$. Anything over that isn't worth it.

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 5:20:01 PM PST
Peragulator says:
100 bucks on eBAY w/bonus CD.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 11:56:05 PM PST
GlassAgate says:
The devs/pubs need to see these prices, and print more.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 9:06:03 PM PST
Peragulator says:
I wish! You would think it's a no brain'r and with these crazy prices I'm sure there are a number of people (like myself) that making a purchase might be instant should they figure it out.

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 3:50:12 PM PST
G. DelTres says:
Don't buy this game at these ridiculous prices... I just picked up a copy today at Gamestop for 26.99. They now have 2 boxes left, and one is without the book. You want it that bad, try looking around before you succumb to the inflation.

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 4:16:28 PM PST
G. DelTres says:
gamefly has this bad boy used for 27.99 Free Shipping

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 10:15:13 AM PST
Peragulator says:
I went over to 2 of the Gamestops by me and they don't have it (new or used). I'll wait until after the holidays because it's up to 100 now. I didn't think GameFly sold games.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 7:46:26 PM PST
G. DelTres says:
The few Gamestops by me didn't have any copies, but they checked other locations that had, and I ended up driving 25 minutes to nab a copy. Good thing about gamefly is that they sell you the game with the case and manual. I love collecting unique and rare ds games and this one'a a great addish to the collection.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 8:25:40 AM PST
Anslem says:
These games are hardly rare. You can find them anywhere.

Just because they're out of print doesn't mean there aren't tens of thousands of copies all over the place. I picked RH up at Best Buy for 26$ for god sakes.

Have no clue why these are priced so high.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2012 9:15:56 AM PST
Then you my friend are fortunate. I live in the Dallas area. There is only one copy of the game (New and Used) within 100 miles at Gamestop. I've also checked Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy. I even checked zip codes for my family in North Texas and South Texas thinking I could call in a favor. Not one copy.

There are only 2 for sale at Half.com (new for $85+). eBay prices are continually rising and I'm sure will likely match what is here on Amazon.

Right now, I'm really considering how badly I want to play this game. Though, it's doubtful, I REALLY wish Atlus could get one more run printed. The game is not even one year old!

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 2:58:31 PM PST
Peter says:
There's only one copy left? I don't think I've ever seen such a recent game be this out-of-print. Atlus needs to reprint this...

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 1:58:19 PM PST
Peragulator says:
First off, you cannot find this game "anywhere" and it is extremely rare ("TENS OF THOUSANDS" is borderline delusional). Best Buy, ToysRUs, Gamestop, WalMart, KMart and Target do not have this game. I've spent a good deal of time looking thru bargin bins. I called Atlus and a very polite individual explained to me that it's not some plot to jack up the price. The game was released in February of last year with an additional run in April. Atlus is a small company and they do not make a ton of money of of cartridge games. If enough people call them, maybe the will produce more , but with the 3DS in full swing it's doubtful. We can't even get some of the excellent Japanese only games.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 5:25:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2012 5:25:54 PM PST
Shaimun says:
You can rent it from Gamefly for 27.99 and keep it. Problem solved.
http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Radiant-Historia/145890/

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 5:33:11 AM PST
Peragulator says:
(949)788-0353 ATLUS' number. People want the game. Call. service@atlus.com. email.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 10:45:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2012 3:02:57 PM PST
A.S. says:
The 3DS is a non-issue, considering that their latest title "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2" is releasing on the DS later this month.

AtlusUSA has asked fans for their opinion on a reprint (rather bluntly - would you buy it?); if you go to their Facebook page, you can see the post and adding your own response can't hurt. As of this date, there's been a lot of optimistic hints towards a reprint. Contact Atlus and let them know!

EDIT: Though not confirmed by reliable sources, there are convincing rumours going around that pre-orders for a rerelease in March have begun in Canada. http://www.amazon.ca/Atlus-RH-40042-3-Radiant-Historia/dp/B004CVWETI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328742145&sr=8-1

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 3:49:47 PM PST
rush86 says:
well there reprinting it in late march so preorder off of amazon now

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 11:22:33 AM PST
Peragulator says:
How is the 3DS a non issue concerning Radiant Historia priced at 120 bucks when Shin:Devil Survivor 2 is a new game priced at 35 bucks?

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 5:37:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2012 5:39:20 PM PST
A.S. says:
I meant non-issue as in your comment:

"If enough people call them, maybe the will produce more, but with the 3DS in full swing it's doubtful."

I see Atlus not reprinting because of any reason relating to the 3DS is/was not very likely, in the respect that they're launching the sequel to a highly successful game on the DS platform, not the 3Ds, even though the original title did have a 3DS version. I interpreted your comment as the platform inhibiting a re-release; if I interpreted that wrong, sorry. :]

In any case, whether or not my opinion is/was correct, Atlus has indeed finally announced they are reprinting Radiant Historia! In the meantime, I suggest people keep an eye out for used copies. Gamestop.com allows you to check stores within your area from online, and it was in this way I was able to snag Radiant Historia pre-owned for about $20 two days ago. So keep an eye out! Even when the odds seem against you: I called up the store to see if they actually had it and could put it on hold, and the associate told me he couldn't find the game. I made the drive out there myself and was able to find it!

With the re-release coming out in late march, do NOT buy this game at these hyped up prices. So far, you can't pre-order through any place but Amazon, so far as I know. The reprint price looks like it's going to be $35.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Radiant Historia - Nintendo DS
Radiant Historia - Nintendo DS by Atlus (Nintendo DS)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (156)