Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: WUHAN WUCRR18 Crash Ride 18-Inch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 8, 2013
I have been a professional drummer for the better part of 25 yrs. and have spent thousands of dollars on cymbals as most pro drummers without sponsors, looking for the perfect pairing of cymbals/tones and that can take forever,,, I play Sabian AA, AAX and HHX cymbals, along with a few Wuhan chinas that have great tones and wash and so being happy with my Wuhan chinas, I decided to try the Wuhan 18" crash/ride, since it was cheap it wouldn't be a great loss of money,,, after playing several shows with it indoors and outdoors, I LOVE IT!!!, it does have alot of wash when hit aggressively and also responds and sounds well when played lightly,, if your a drummer who plays dynamically you will appreciate this reasonably priced cymbal........
on November 7, 2012
First of all, I don't like the way companies label their cymbals. After 47 years of playing and a bachelor's from Berklee I realize any cymbal, even a Hi Hat or a flat ride can be anything you want it to be. Anyway, this is a great cymbal! Not just for the price, Wuhan just makes great cymbals. The only Chinas I have are Wuhan. This crash/ride is bright and shimmery. For me, it leans more towards a crash than a ride.
But the crash/rides every company makes lean one way or the other. Anyway I recommend all the Wuhans.
The crash is powerful with great decay. As a ride, there's a little too much build up for me. I play it towards the bell and I get the stick definition I want. The bell sound is incredible. Crisp, cutting bell with immediate decay. Why pay $300-$400 on a Paiste or any Turkish cymbal when you can have it at this price?
on October 10, 2015
As my screen name implies, I am primarily a guitar player but play drums as a secondary instrument. I have a pretty nice Pearl kit and use Sabian, Zildjian, and Paiste cymbals. Frankly, cymbals are so outrageously expensive I typically buy them used. Manufacturers keeping charging whatever the market will bear and use raw materials cost increases as the reason for their having to often raise prices. Of course, their budgets for free cymbals given to name "artists" who get complimentaryis cymbals to use, break, or tire of, and then send them back to be melted down probably a significant number. I worked in the wire and cable business for years and the cost of copper caused prices to fluctuate. I've not yet seen cymbal manufacturers drop prices, officially anyway, when the cost of raw materials decreases. Sorry to get off subject, but it might be on subject and that subject is value. This cymbal is a great value. No, you can't slam it with a hammer like a Zildjian Z but this cymbal is a really fine performer. The bell is not oversized for an 18, and don't let the "crash/ride" designation fool you. This is a crash cymbal. You can ride on it like any cymbal, but tonally it is definitely in crash territory. I don't know all the buzz words for cymbal performance like I know them for guitars, but I know good sound when I hear it. This cymbal has a great crash tonality, and while it does not have quick decay it does not ring forever so as to become obnoxious. Bell sound is really fine, but again not to be confused with a large bell cymbal that is tonally dry with a pronounced ping. This cymbal will give you dynamics and cut. I do have a Wuhan 16 inch crash - thin - with which I use this and they match-up very well. I am one who will mix Zildjian and Sabian cymbals as they are in the same tonal territory, and Wuhans seem to have a sonic signature that is unique (not unlike Paiste having a sonic signature different from Zildjian or Sabian). There's no law that prohibits a drummer from using a mix of cymbals from different manufacturers and some working drummers have to do this out of necessity - you buy what you can afford and pick from what's available. Like the high end guitar crowd who buy the $5000.00 and up collector guitars and hang them on the wall or keep them in the closet, such folk have the money to buy high-end cymbals like their favorite drummer uses and they knock others who buy Wuhans. Ignore those people. Some YouTube demos include the claim that Wuhan B20 formulation is the same as the Turkish B20 of the "other" cymbal manufacturers. I don't really agree with that as they have their distinctive processes of manufacturing. But being B20, cast and lathed puts these in the quality category. Don't hesitate to buy Wuhans, especially this 18 inch crash. Any manufacturer can create "dog" and I've had a few of them. I would categorize this cymbal as being in the medium thickness/weight category and some might think it to be a weightier cymbal with the "ride" designation. Not so. Now, the negative. The importer/distributor for the Wuhan line, Universal Percussion, needs to do something about the fine scratching that seems to be common with this line. Mine came with fine scratching along the edge and on the main playing surface of the cymbal. I'm not happy about this and whether the cymbal is $50 or $500 they should do something about this. They do come shipped in sealed plastic bags so the scratching is not happening between Amazon and the buyer.
on February 7, 2014
This is a great crash cymbal from a company I continue to be amazed by Wuhan, not really a ride cymbal though better for crashing, warm with lots of sustain, the bell sound great. I like the 60" & 70's zylgians and this cymbal is really quite close in sound quality to the higher end cymbals out there, cannot go wrong at this price, great for my studio/practice set. With any cymbal a little technique always helps, you get to know how to use it with some practice. All around amazing sound for the buck. I have the 16" as well, not as good as this one but that cymbal is great in its own way. Before buying this cymbal go to You Tube, there are plenty of demo's by sellers and regular dudes which are very helpful. Five stars for price and quality.
on February 20, 2014
As others have said, this is more of a crash than a ride although you could use it for a ride in a pinch.

Wuhan cymbals are made the old-school way, cast, hammered and lathed. The sound is deep with lots of crash-power and the sustain reveals a gong-like overtone that hangs on.

I have my Wuhan cymbals in our LA recording studio working along with 10 Zildjian cymbals and two Sabian's, on the rock recordings we produce you can't tell which is which, they all sound fantastic.

I love cymbals and these Wuhan are a good deal and sound great.

Good music to all
on February 23, 2014
Cymbal selection/preferences are very personal and subjective, so even though the cymbal had too much sustain for my liking, another percussionist might like that level of sustain. I would almost classify this as a pure ride cymbal instead of calling it a crash ride. If you are looking for a crash with a shorter decay, then try the Wuhan 18" medium thin crash.
on June 28, 2013
I love this cymbal!! I got it along with a 16" Wuhan Crash and well..the 16" isn't as good compared to this beast of a cymbal!! I really suggest this to anyone who is thinking about getting it. It's really not a ride at all...and the bell is alright but not quite a "ride quality" bell.
on December 21, 2013
I purchased this cymbal to add to my setup, but after a few weeks it now is my main crash cymbal. It has a slightly lower pitch that other 18's I've had, but it cuts through well and with glassy dark sustain. I'm using it in a low volume setting with piano and acoustic guitar and on a soundstage in a big venue and it handles the range of dynamics I need perfectly.

As other have noted it's more of a medium crash than a crash ride; but I love the wash I get from this cymbal when I ride on it. It reminds me of the cymbals you hear in 60's recordings that fill out the sound of the band. The bell isn't huge but it is quite bright and cutting. Overall I'm blown away with the quality and look of this cymbal—either Wuhan has massively upped their quality and consistency—or I'm lucky—but the cymbals I've recently purchased have all been excellent.
on January 27, 2016
This is my third Wuhan. I bought two crashes and a splash to go with my Z Armand ride and hats. I can't say enough how pleased I am with these cymbals. This crash has a rich slightly gongy sound with a medium decay. I just love it. 25 years behind the kit and I wish I had jumped sooner. And the price!!!! jeezo peezo!
on November 8, 2013
I took off my zildjian A Custom and replaced it with this. I'm very happy. If had to say one bad thing, the crash is a little thin. Bashers beware! But on the bright side, this crash is less then half the cost of zildjian so go ahead and beat the hell out of it!

See 1 answered question