Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 125 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 1, 2012 4:38:10 AM PDT
Diane Raetz says:
I was watching the news this morning and we've got a case here in NYC that struck me as being particularly relevant to this forum. A 35 year old married female school teacher was arrested for having sex with her under 17 year old (male) student 11 times. She's being charged with rape. The funny thing (not) is that she's even a petite brunette.

So I wonder-what would LKH say? What would AB do?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/nyc-high-school-teacher-arrested-sex-underage-student-motel-cops-charged-rape-article-1.944873

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 4:54:03 AM PDT
Julaine says:
Offer to get a warrent and shoot her. Obviously it's not a case of "true love" and destiny because it wasn't Anita and the ardeur which excuses everything.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 7:36:27 AM PDT
E. A Solinas says:
She'd arrest/shoot the teacher, then "heal" the student with the magical hoohah.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 11:20:58 AM PDT
Nic says:
Wangst about Cyn. "When I heard stories like this, I often wondered if I was any better. Of course, I didn't choose to have Cynric be so young. The Mother of All Darkness, the night made alive, the mother of all vampires, Mommy Noir forced several of us to have an orgy while I was in Las Vegas. It was during this that Cynric became my blue tiger to call and he fell in love with me. I never understood why someone would choose such a relationship however. I know I couldn't get over the fact that I was both attending PTA for Cynric yet also taking him into my bed."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 11:32:45 AM PDT
Boo says:
We can't understand it either =P

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 12:15:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 1, 2012 1:57:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 12:26:49 PM PDT
Nic says:
Because if she stopped, there would be less wangst, Duh, Joseph.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 2:51:21 PM PDT
Julaine says:
Blaming the victim, particularly the underage victim of your crime and then continue to exploit him for your sexual gratification, very classy Miss Blake and totally unjustifiable. As far as what I think of LKH and her publishers for leaving this character and her dirty little fantasy in given the many real cases of child abuse like the one at the top of the thread, I hope they never have to lose sleep at night worrying about a child THEY love following in the hands of a predator like the so called heroine in this series.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 3:08:37 PM PDT
P. Crossland says:
WWABD - the answer to this question, no matter what the situation, is whine incessantly.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 3:58:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 1, 2012 3:59:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 4:43:52 PM PDT
Cal says:
And shoot or sleep with someone, regardless.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 4:44:54 PM PDT
John Green says:
Hey- what's with all the deletions?

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 4:50:20 PM PDT
anna says:
I said something that belonged in another thread.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 2:40:34 AM PDT
Heidi Wills says:
What about the other deletion?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 2:41:49 AM PDT
Heidi Wills says:
Is the question what would Anita do if she were arrested for this crime or if someone else did it? If it is someone else, they are evil and Anita would find a way to kill them.
If it were her, she would be rescued by her boytoys. Then she would whine about the jealous haters who had her arrested.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 5:30:51 AM PDT
Diane Raetz says:
Honestly, does it ever occur to Anita to say 'no'

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 6:09:34 AM PDT
No.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 6:12:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2012 8:21:07 AM PDT
Julaine says:
No it doesn't occur to her to say no because in her mind she always has a perfect excuse ready, the ultimate out, for whatever evil thing she commits. She simply says its the result of the ardeur, or The Mother of All Darkness forced her, Belle Amour rolled her from a distance or Raina's Mumin overcame her. It's like a small child when confronted with a wrongdoing who will tell you that the Imaginary Playmate did it or a beloved pet who was nowhere around. Their guilt is written all over their face as they desperately wish their misddeed on anothereven while they know you aren't going to fall for their tall tale.

The problem with LaLa is she is so invested in incorporating all these little fantasies of hers (God, I hope they have no basis in reality) into her books that she keeps creating more and more elaborate devices to excuse her bad behavior and require her to act in an ethical, legal or moral manner.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 1:57:49 AM PDT
ChibiNeko says:
I can't help but wonder what Anita would do about Luka Magnotta. I can't go into everything he's done because Amazon would delete me, but this is one sick, sick puppy. If Olaf were into guys and wanted to date someone he could indulge in his hobby with, this would be who he'd date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 5:51:17 AM PDT
Deb Devaki says:
Ooooh, yeah. I saw an article in the newspaper about this. Right after I read an article about the guy who ate the face off a homeless man.

Remember when people would read the newspaper at the breakfast table? Not any more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 7:27:49 AM PDT
E. A Solinas says:
It's been a pretty freaky week, hasn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 4:37:19 PM PDT
lifewontwait says:
Yes, and this morning I read on Yahoo about a black bear in Canada who killed and ate a convicted murderer, and cached the remains for later. Authorities killed the bear because it now considered humans as a food source. Still shaking my head over the face-eating crazy.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 6:41:38 PM PDT
Cleosmom says:
I don't know what LKH would personally think about it, but based upon her own books and characters, I don't think she'd have a problem with it.

Anita would go to the school, shoot the teacher and engage the class into a massive orgy of a feeding frenzy. Enabling both JC and Richard to have an orgy without her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 7:54:05 PM PDT
E. A Solinas says:
Don't forget that some Evil Thin Tall Blonde Teachers would say mean things to her because she's short, brunette and has a harem, and Anita would burst into tears so her boytoys could comfort her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 1:55:04 AM PDT
Cal says:
That was apparently the third cannibalistic murder in recent months, so it's getting worse.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  125
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton (Hardcover - June 5, 2012)
3.2 out of 5 stars   (635)