WWE 2K14 - PS3 [Digital Code]
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
- Features The Rock
- Predator Technology 3.0 - Experience the smoothest, most authentic and engaging WWE gameplay to date, including all-new player navigation, an improved reversal system, catapult finishers, new OMG moments and hundreds of new moves
- Universe Mode - Control the virtual WWE experience from a career-driven point of view, with individual decisions dynamically affecting alliances, rivalries, matches and unpredictable moments along the path toward WWE Championship glory
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Game
FINALLY. 2K’s lineup of premier sports simulation titles expands with the company’s first release in the flagship WWE videogame franchise, WWE 2K14. The most electrifying, authentic and comprehensive WWE video game experience to date arrives on October 29, 2013. 30 Years of WrestleMania…One Epic Game Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant. The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin. John Cena vs. The Rock. Relive the greatest matches and moments from three decades of the greatest spectacle in all of entertainment. Play through more than 45 prolific matches in an unprecedented single-player campaign celebrating 30 years of WrestleMania. Complete objectives to unlock playable characters, additional gear, historical WWE footage, and bonus content on the road to immortality. Best Roster Ever Compete with the single greatest WWE roster ever assembled, including WWE Legends and present-day Superstars and Divas, such as The Rock, John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk.
Platform: PS3 Digital Code | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
Introduction - Welcome to WWE2K14, the newest edition in the long running series of WWE wrestling games. Is it good enough to warrant full price, wait for a price drop, or should you just rent it? Read on to find out!
Story - This years games focus is on 30 years of Wrestlemania, which you experience similarly to last years game (WWE 13) of the "Attitude Era" with the same fulfill requirments of each match you play in. Some are explained clearly, others are hidden and won't show up until you do certain moves, signatures, finishers etc. Back again this year are the excellent video clips that play before most matches, and they really are a great trip down memory lane for any older wrestling fan. Although it's sad not to see these video clips in true 1080p High Definition.
Reliving these Wrestlemania moments are great, and are done quite well.
Gameplay - The gameplay in WWE2K14 while somewhat similar to last years game WWE 13, has enough changes made to the overall experience that frankly makes it a vastly superior game to it's predecessors. Here are the major improvements to the game from last years game:
1. Grappling system is greatly improved, and is much more fluid then last years game.
2. The pin system is greatly improved, and does not allow you multiple tries to kick out, unlike last years game in WWE 13. A great addition to make matches more realistic both offline and online.
3. A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) is vastly improved over last years game. It's like night and day, the A.I. will counter your moves much more realistically, kick out at a 2 count, reverse much more realistically and often, and generally offer a much better experience then any previous WWE (SVR) wrestling game to date.Read more ›
Outside of the addition of a few new game modes and features, WWE 2K14 hasn’t brought too much new to the series. Now those features are great and add new levels of entertainment, but a lot of what this year’s entry offers isn’t much different than the previous ones. There are additional moves, “OMG! Moment” special moves (introduced last year) and new “catch finishers,” but this is only skin deep. There really isn’t much more to mechanics or new moves to get used to. Even after a few months of not playing WWE 13, it was easy to jump right back into this year’s entry and start beating down every opponent that dared enter the ring.
The WWE series has always had its share of glitches and bugs, but for me they have never been anything game breaking or even really annoying. It was typical for an opponent AI to do weird stuff like going out of the ring and start tearing apart the announcing table and then coming back into the ring, or in ladder matches, having the opponent taking the ladder down just to put it back up.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good game. I would have said awesome game if it had the career mode. But it has a lot to unlock from arenas, championships, to superstars to legends. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Raycard M. R. Lovera
My nephews love this game, but I got bored in minutes. I guess I'm too old because wrestling games were not this complicated to play "back in my day"... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jason
This is so fun.... it kept me wanting to keep playing even though I needed to go to sleep for work the next dayPublished 2 months ago by John Gradberg