Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change

on July 16, 2014
Okay, I'll start by saying this is the first wrestling game I've played since Smackdown Here Comes the Pain for PS2. My expectations were low for this and I didn't expect much but I was pleasantly surprised. This game was great! From the graphics, to character movement/ finishers/ entrances, and the different modes... everything was very well done.

I'll start with 30 Years of Wrestlemania as this was my favorite part of the game. This takes you through every single Wrestlemania and you get to play through all the big main event matches (46 matches total I think). During each match you'll be given objectives to complete which might lead to an event happening that actually happened at that Wrestlemania which is really cool. It was divided up into 5 different parts. Part one "Hulkamania runs wild", part two "The New Generation" which showcases Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, part three "Attitude Era" (my favorite and it was the shortest), part four "Ruthless Aggression" and part five "Universe Era".

Also in 30 Years of Wrestlemania was a section dedicated solely to The Undertaker called 'The Streak Mode'. In this you get to play as the Undertaker and defend the streak against a seemingly never ending waves of WWE superstars. And you also get to attempt to defeat the streak and can play as anyone against Undertaker (he is very tough in this mode).

Exhibition Mode includes pretty much any type of match you can think of. From Hell in a Cell to a 2 versus 3 handicap tornado tag team match. If it's been in the WWE you can play it here, local and online.

WWE Universe Mode, I didn't get too into this but it seemed like basically a season mode where you get to play through every single show, event and PPV. You can switch out wrestlers wherever you want and you can play which ever match you want. The season/ year ends on Wrestlemania and you can also play through this with your created character.

As far as creating your own stuff you can create a WWE superstar (there's also preset builds like Roddy Piper), finishers, events (ring color, the background, the entrance ramp, everything), entrances, and championships. Also, there is 'OMG moments' which are all really awesome. My favorite was Ryback throwing two guys into the turnbuckle then picking both up on his shoulders and slamming them... not sure if that was done in real life or not but it was definitely an 'OMG moment'!

This game was a lot of fun especially playing through the pre 2000's matches in 30 Years of Wrestlemania. I'm not exactly a fan of any of the new WWE superstars as John Cena is the newest one I recognized; the rest of the 'Universe Era' wrestlers seem pretty lame in my opinion. None of them are iconic like Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan etc. And anyone who has watched WWE in the past will instantly think of awesome moments from Stone Cold when they hear that famous shattering of glass. But a solid 5/5 rating from me on this and I would definitely recommend it to any fan of WWE or someone who used to be a fan and wants to relive some good moments from their childhood.
on November 5, 2013
When THQ went belly up at the end of 2012, the future of their gaming titles were in question. The two bigger ones were WWE and UFC. Once EA Sports grabbed up UFC, it was left in the air who would get WWE. After some negotiating, 2K Sports took WWE under their wing with promise to keep the same development team on board. Thus, WWE 2K14 was born. Now, the hard part is topping WWE 13's phenomenal storyline of the Attitude Era. Wrestlemania 30 is coming up in April of 2014 so why not do a tribute to such a landmark?

WWE 2K14 offers very little to change the game just at first glance. The graphics look pretty identical as do the commentary and WWE 2k14 loading screens. The little changes I noticed were: fixed chokeslam (no longer do people turn inside out when getting a chokeslam, it actually looks natural...when you bust someone open to bleed you can see the blood start to trickle down their face...when you land a big move on an opponent you can see them spread out on the mat almost lifeless....Slobber Knocker mode is back!!....reversals and grapples feel more natural and smoother to operate.
The new game mode, 30 Years of Wrestlemania, brings back a lot of warm and fuzzy nostalgic moments for wrestling fans of yesteryear. In chronological order, you will relive at least one, if not more, moments from each and every Wrestlemania until you get to 29. You have historical objectives required to complete the match so that you can be assured everything is how it happened in real life. This mode is insanely fun. Being there when Hogan bodyslammed Andre the Giant, Hogan defeated Yokozuna in record time, Razor Ramon beat HBK in ladder match, Undertakers greatest matches and when HBK retired Ric Flair...it's all there! The roster from this is very impressive. Older, almost forgotten names like Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy, bigger names that haven't been in games like Yokozuna and Razor Ramon all the way to just retro versions of HBK, Undertaker, Triple H and The Rock. Added to this game is also a Rivalry mode to Universe. This will allow you to have programs with superstars just like in real life that play over a set amount of time.
This game is such a huge improvement on WWE 13 and breathes new life into the series. Hopefully this will bring jaded wrestling fans back to the genre. I don't watch wrestling in real life, but playing this game reminds me of all the awesome moments that I got to live through as a child watching.
on December 8, 2013
The state of professional wrestling (at least how that label applies to the WWE) right now is in a strange place. Besides Hulk Hogan's "TNA", which has a loyal following, the WWE basically has a monopoly on the entire business. They should be "bigger and better" than ever before. The truth of the matter, though, is that they simply are not, for the simple reason that they have almost zero effectiveness at developing iconic characters anymore. Once upon a time, pro wrestlers were household names even if you didn't watch wrestling. Now, you have to be a "wrestling fan" to know 3/4 of the current wrestlers this game comes with.

Last year's 2K game got it close, offering a tantalizing portion of old-school wrestlers and game modes, but 2K14 goes all-in on the nostalgia factor and creates perhaps the best wrestling game I have ever played on a video game console.

Basically, this franchise had to start offering up the classic wrestlers or the interest would have quickly faded. Now that I can use guys like Andre The Giant, Big John Studd, Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, and Razor Ramon (to name but a few), I feel like I will have hours and hours (days?!) of fun with this game in the future mixing it up with fellow old-school wrestling fan buddies. The possibilities seem endless!

Of course, many sports games are completely and utterly doomed by clunky controls, but 2K seems to have created a very usable system. It is easy enough to "pick up and play" right off the bat, but also loaded with trickier combinations that will take time to master. The oft-maligned "reversal" system has also made a bit more difficult to master, which was a big plus.

Simply put, now that "Madden season" is coming to an end, I can easily say I will log more hours on this game than any other for the foreseeable future. Whether playing the game modes to unlock more classic players or getting some friends over to virtually pummel each other in a TLC match, this game will entertain me for quite some time.
on August 28, 2015
I hadn't played a wrestling game since SD vs. Raw 2010. I also haven't followed wrestling for awhile. My son watches a few of the programs each week, but most of what I saw wasn't very interesting. I grew up with the 80s Saturday night wrestling shows with Gordon Solie as announcer, Sunday was WWF/E and even rented the VHS of Wrestlemania I just a few months after it originally happened. I really loved wrestling. Our son is back and forth with it. So there's really not been a reason to buy the games. I hadn't realized 2K had taken over the WWE series until a few weeks ago. That, if nothing else, made me interested in the game since I believe 2K still has developed the best NFL game ever ... in NFL 2K5. And I've enjoyed several of the more current NBA 2K games.

The roster had very little impact on my choice of which WWE game to get. Despite being a fan during the 80s and through the Attitude Era, I'm not really into using the wrestlers from those eras, especially those who've passed away. I was more interested in having a fun game. Everything I read on wrestling games forums said 2K14 is better than 2K15, so I ordered a used version, not knowing I would need to buy an online pass since the one included was used by the previous owner.

So, I ended up paying ten more dollars for an online pass. Then ended up buying the Season Pass which was another twenty dollars. I really didn't mind the price since I figured it would be enough to last my wrestling game interest for a few years. The game is good, but it's really not that different than I remember the THQ WWE games being. It's a reversal-fest. I ended up lowering the reversal slider all the way down to just one level of it. It was pretty annoying to hit a finisher, pick the guy up and have him reverse your next move. There's plenty of match types to play. And though the roster didn't matter much to me in the beginning, it started to matter once I played the game. I ended up going to the community creations and downloading roughly 90 created wrestlers since there's a lot of active wrestlers not in this game. I would think most notably for current WWE fans, The Wyatt Family. There's some really great created wrestlers in the community creations.

We played it off and on for a week or so, but the roster, even with added created wrestlers, just isn't very good. The best created wrestlers don't look much better than the worst default characters. I would rate this higher, but I turned around and bought a new copy of WWE 2K15 for the 360 and liked it quite a bit better. I wouldn't rate either one a five star. There's problems in these games that were around back in 2010. From collision detection, floating wrestlers, a very ambitious "create a finisher" that ends up making you think they really don't put much time into it. Create a Story isn't any better than I remember it being. It more or less reminds me of most sports video games. They update the roster, throw a few new animations in and say it's a new game. I'm also going to review 2K15 as well. A quick ending piece of advice. Only buy used if you're willing to pay the money for the online access which you have to have to download created wrestlers. You also have to have Xbox Gold. I tried a free trial week to the online access only to find out it wouldn't let me download any created wrestlers during the trial. If you buy a new copy it will come with the online access code. One last warning on this one. The server has been having problems for the last 2 weeks. I spent a week trying to download a Great Muta created wrestler only to receive this message, "The WWE 2K14 service is not available. Try again later." From what I've read they'll most likely shut the server down in the next few months anyway.
on April 23, 2015
One of the best games that I've ever played. I was playing 2k15 on PlayStation and it is a HUGE step back. I find myself going back to the 360 to get my fix of hitting people with chairs. Very well done.
on June 30, 2014
WWE 2k14 is one of the best WWE games ever. Take WWE'13, and basically improve it's main features. Instead of an Attitude Era theme you get a WrestleMania theme. The gameplay is fun, fair, and good paced. The Streak mode is great to test your skill, defeating The Undertaker is quite a task and being able to do so is quite difficult. There are even more game modes than WWE '13, and it's still a fun game.
on December 18, 2014
First wrestling game I've played since Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (Which sucked). I gave up on wrestling games for a while after that game. But this game has a heck of a roster since Smackdown Here Comes the Pain on PS2. So I bought this game and checked it out. It's awesome, they've really added a lot of customization which is the funnest part. The roster is awesome(Finally Goldberg is on there). Only stressful thing is the counter system but you master it with time. 30 Years of Wrestlemania was pretty cool too. Moral of this review, don't buy wrestling games every year. Get them every other year or so. That's what I did and this is an improvement. Great game.
on December 23, 2015
WWE 2k14 has to be the best game so far in the 2k franchise now i didn't get to play 2k15 but i have to say this..it's better then 2k16 now i know alot of people will disagree with me but if you don't have a Xbox one or a ps4 you won't get the career mode because i only have a Xbox 360 now that is why i didn't care to much for it like 2k 14
on July 25, 2015
Game arrived on time and in pristine condition. I could not believe the sheer level of customization held within this game and I haven't even downloaded any extra content yet, if you don't feel like paying all that money for WWE 2015 then this is a great alternative.
on November 6, 2013
When I heard about this game's upcoming release a few months ago I was extremely skeptical, simply because the past few editions of WWE's games have been poorly done and just a rehash of the previous year with some minor additions and a new soundtrack. This game, though, is way different and in a good way. Personally, I found this to be the most enjoyable WWE game I've purchased in the past four to five years. The graphics are awesome, the AI (computerized opponents) actually gives up a good fight, the controls are good, and the loading screens are surprisingly fast compared to previous years. The only thing I've noticed with some loading issues is that when I'd be in a gold rush mode and had two CAW's facing off against each other, the loading screen would crash. Not sure why or if it's a bug that'll be addressed when an update comes about for this game, but none the less, I'm glad I bought this game.

Upon starting this game, I did notice that the loading screens are much faster than previous years, even between matches. I also noticed that the soundtrack to this game has much more sporadic songs raging from superstars from the past and the present. The Create an Entrance feature is nifty, too. There’s a lot more you can do than previous years and they have a lot of different entrance choices, especially for the Diva’s selection, paying tribute to some past Divas (such as Candice Michelle, Gail Kim, Maryse, ect.)

The only complaints I have aside from the loading screen freezing up is the CAW section. When is that going to be revamped? The same choice of hair, clothing, and make up every single year is annoying. I also wish the CAW's would look more realistic like the rest of the WWE roster does. So far the most annoying thing about the 30 Years of WrestleMania feature is thee Randy Savage vs Ric Flair match at WrestleMania 8. I can’t seem to beat it yet! I’m being lenient and blaming the new batch of controls and the overall excitement I have for this game.

To end this lengthy review, I give this game a 5/5 because of the enjoyment I get out of playing this game, the ability to have up to 100 CAW’s, and the fact that the online game play issues that previous games seemed to have seems to be fixed. If this is any indication on how next year’s game is going to be, I can’t wait to purchase it going forward!