WWE: No Way Out 2009
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The first one features the "SmackDown" Elimination Chamber Match
The second hour includes a No Holds Barred Match and an ECW Title contest.
The third hour has an HBK/JBL grudge match and the "RAW" Elimination Chamber Match.
I'll give you the short version first:
I think the "SmackDown" Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship is solid overall, but really drags in a few spots.
I liked all three matches that occurred at this point: The No Holds Barred Match (Randy Orton v. Shane McMahon), ECW Title Match (Jack Swagger v. Finlay), and the JBL/HBK All-or-Nothing contest.
The main event was one of my favorite matches of the year ("RAW" Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship).
Bottom line - This DVD is well worth a purchase.
Still here? Alright, here's the long one. Hope it helps!
1) Elimination Chamber Match - WWE Championship
The Undertaker v. Big Show v. Vladimir Kozlov
v. Triple H v. Jeff Hardy v. Edge (champion)
---I agree with pretty much everything you've read about this contest. It starts with a great surprise, slows down for way too long once Big Show & Kozlov start beating the tar out of Jeff Hardy, and then finally picks up again once the final two wrestlers enter the match. Honestly, I think everyone will get a nice chuckle out of the early quick pinfall. I also think everyone will enjoy the last few minutes where the remaining wrestlers try everything to win.Read more ›
WWE NO Way Out 2009
1. Edge vs. HHH vs. The Undertaker vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Big Show in an elimination chamber match for the WWE Title- This was a interesting choice to kick off the show. I was expecting maybe the ECW title match to kick off the show but this was a good choice. The shocker of the night by far was Edge being eliminated first from the chamber. The shock on his face was unbelievable and was probably what my face looked like to. While I was disappointed he was eliminated first it did add to the shock of the match. Anyway a good elimination chamber match and one that ranks up there to kick off a ppv. Winner and new WWE Champ HHH. Match Rating 9.5/10.
2. Randy Orton vs. Shane McMahon in Hardcore Match- Well this was what you would expect a typical hardcore match. Shane always brigns his A game in these type of matches. Orton no dought helped carry this match to a point but at the same time these are the type of matches that make Shane special. I will say I was hoping to see something a little bit crazier from Shane but I will settle for what he gave me. A very good hardcore match and on matches we are two for two so far. Winner Randy Orton. Match Rating 8.5/10.
3. Jack Swager vs. Finlay for the ECW Title- This was an ok match and one that needed to calm the crowd down after two solid matches in a row. I really like Jack Swagger and I feel he can bring a lot to the table in WWE if he puts his mind to it. Finlay while getting up there in age still tries. This is still a good technical wrestling match but just average overall. Winner and still ECW Champ Jack Swager. Match Rating 6/10.
4. JBL vs.Read more ›
WWE Championship - Triple H vs Jeff Hardy vs Edge (C) vs Vladimir Koslov vs Big Show vs The Undertaker - Smackdown Elimination Chamber: What a way to open a PPV with some of the biggest stars in the business fighting for one of the most prestigious prizes in the company. A great opener that the crowd seemed to appreciate.
Rany Orton vs Shane McMahon - No Holds Barred: The show stealing match of the night that did everything we expected. Shane's return to the ring in years was bound to be heart stopping and having Randy Orton in the mix, it was undoubtful this would be remembered for years to come.
ECW Championship - Jack Swagger (C) vs. Finlay: No Comment. The ECW brand is nothing without the originals.
All or Nothing - HBK Shawn Michaels vs. JBL: Well this has been an okay story, but I'm not really fond of JBL's matches, so I stayed clear.
World Championship - John Cena (C) vs Rey Mysterio vs Kane vs Mike Knox vs Chris Jericho vs Kofi Kingston (Edge) - Raw Elimination Chamber: Absolutely superb and was made even more incredible by the surprise entry of Edge into the match. I wasn't happy about Kingston being in the match as to me, he will never be world champion contender material. A great all round match with some great spots and an interesting conclusion which shook the WWE.
Overall this was a really top quality PPV that displayed the best of WWE booking and showed that when they try, they can present a 5 star PPV.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the best pay-per-views of the year.
You had two highly entertaining Elimination Chamber matches with the WWE and the World Heavyweight titles were defended. Read more
This has to be in the top 10 greatest pay per views ever. I love it so much I'm only writing this review to give in 4.5 stars again. Read morePublished on June 11, 2011 by Tracey Treglia
Now, it's not often you see a WWE PPV with a paltry five matches outside of the Royal Rumble. Yes, the last PPV named No Way Out (the PPV in February was renamed Elimination... Read morePublished on May 31, 2011 by Weather Warden <3
The WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match was a hard-hitting,high-flying,smash-mouth brawl and the same goes for the World's championship Elimination Chamber match. Read morePublished on August 9, 2010 by J. Perez
1. Eliminaton chamber for the WWE Championship: Edge(c) vs Triple H vs Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy vs Big Show vs Vladimir Kozlov
Great opener and a great chamber match. Read more
I was pretty excited to see this PPV as four out of the five matches were ones that I wanted to see because I knew they would be solid. Read morePublished on August 14, 2009 by Mr. Ming
Elimination Chamber WWE Championship Match: Edge (Champion) vs. Jeff hardy vs. The Big Show vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Read morePublished on July 9, 2009 by Horror Spooky
1)Smackdown Elimination Chamber 9/10
this one starts a little slow with big show and kozlov being 2 0f the 4 first entrants but after all the participants enter the ring it... Read more
Elimination Chamber 2009 Smackdown Side for the WWE Heavyweight Championship: Vladimir Kozlov vs. Big Show vs. Triple H vs. Undertaker vs. Edge vs. Read morePublished on May 31, 2009 by Andre Berry