Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "WWE: WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology, 1985-2005” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 67% off the $279.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
WWE: WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology, 1985-2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Includes all 20 WrestleMania events in four five-disc digipacks plus WrestleMania 21 under the lid (1-14 not previously available on DVD)
- Historical DVD photo gallery
- Four collectible senitype cards featuring a famous WrestleMania moment captured on a replica piece of film
- Holographic wrapped box
Top Customer Reviews
However, be warned about these major drawbacks:
*You will notice on several of the Wrestlemanias,
especially the later ones, that there is fuzzing out
on the screen. This is blotting out of the "WWF" logos
throughout, on signs, turnbuckles, cameramen's shirts,
and elsewhere. This is very annoying, and it is very
pervasive on Wreslemanias 14-19. Even sound is edited,
whereby verbally saying "WWF" is silenced out.
*I have now, to date, had to return this box set three
times due to packaging and disk errors (once here to
Amazon). The first time, disk 5 had a freeze point.
Amazon would not replace the defective disk, but required
that I return the entire 21-disk set. In other words, if
you watch all the disks, and one is defective, you have to
return the WHOLE SET, and you have to watch them all over again.
(At least Amazon let me return the box set for a refund.)
The second set I bought, I had to return because it had
two Disk 1's and no Disk 2. The third time, disk 20 had a
freeze point. Buying this box set has been a buyer's nightmare.
*Having three defective box sets in a row makes me feel that
this is more than my just being unlucky. The WWE did a downright
LOUSY JOB of putting this set together. I'd like to see some
statistics here on Amazon as to how many of these box sets had
to be returned due to packaging and disk errors.
1) These have not been shortened (like previous versions). All of the action, promos, and celebrity moments are there. They are as close to there original broadcast form as the WWE could get them.
2) Like everyone else, I HATE the blur...on WMs 15 to 18, the blur is all over the place. Vince will have to figure out a way to strike a deal with the environmentalist whackos at the WWF. He should buy the right to the "WWF" scratch logo on all old footage even if he continues to promote the current company as WWE. When they have to blur out the turnbuckles, the t-shirts of the cameramen around the ring...the belts and everything else, it really detracts from the action.
3) Personally, I can handle some of the music being replaced. It was done well in some cases. They do a decent job of embedding the new music into the background with the crowd noise. You can still hear the commentators talking during the music. Don't get me wrong, it is annoying that they don't have some of the old music on these like "Don't go Messing With a Country Boy", "Demolition" and "Bird Bird Bird" but for me, I get over it once the match starts...this is unlike the blur which detracts from everything.
4) Jesse Ventura's commentary is in-tact. The only parts of anyones commentary that I have noticed being edited are the references to "WWF" and instead, what you will get is "WW....." but again...this is not a major annoyance like the blur.Read more ›
I recieved this box set as a Christmas gift last year and after opening it,I told everyone else - "XBox,DVDs,Watching TV,whatever you gotta do,you do in the other room.This TV is mine."
I was immediately brought back to my youth as I spent the day and several days thereafter watching the clasics that I lived and died by as a kid.The ladder match at Wrestlmania X, The Title-For-Title Match at Wrestlemania VI, The salt in Bret Hart's eyes at Wrestlemania IX and the on-going list of others.I was in my glory.
Now, to address alot of the complaints that I've read about from other users and to help you further decide if you really want this box set:
-Yes,there are certain things that have been altered.I distinctly remember at Wrestlemania X there was a specific song showing the "build up" to Bret Hart v. Yokozuna.But honestly,it's not something that is going to change the way you enjoy the event.There isn't a Wrestlmania where The Undertaker gets pinned.Hulk Hogan still bodyslams Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania III.The first Wrestlemania still takes place at Madison Square Garden.These things that may be different aren't things you need to get hung up on.
-As far as the "Get the 'F' Out" thing goes - yes, they do block out most of the WWF logos.HOWEVER,when the logo is blocked out entirely is when it's on a turnbuckle or something very small.On larger scales,the two lines that come out of the right side of the WWF logo to represent the "F" are simply blurred out.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Everything was fine up until Wrestlemania # 6.April 1,1990, the disc freezes during Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior match!!! Read morePublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
It's definitely the best and the most anticipated PPV in WWE. complete anthology.. one of a kind!Published 1 month ago by Lilian
the anthology is brilliant and we have enjoyed watching the wrestlers some of whom are no loner with us.Published 8 months ago by Monica Dickens
Would give this 6 stars if I could due to the overall awesomeness of this Christmas gift. Absolutely everything I could ask for as an old school wrestling fan. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Unforgiven
If you love old school wrestling, this is hours of entertainment for you and your family. From the Hulkster, to Andre the Giant, to the Macho Man Randy Savage to Bret the HItman... Read morePublished on May 1, 2013 by Steve Yonts
Before I plunge into buying the entire collection, I just want to make sure that all matches are shown in there entirety & that all 21 Wrestlemanias are here. Read morePublished on May 14, 2010 by Arturo Batista
ANYTIME YOU CAN HEAR BOBBY THE BRAIN HEENAN DO AN INTERVIEW OR BE A "BROADCAST JOURNALIST" IT'S WORTH SPENDING $$$$$$$$$ FOR!!!!!!!!!!!Published on December 28, 2008 by Maurice Barton