Sony DSC-WX10 Cyber-Shot 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with 7x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom G Lens and Full HD 1080/60i Video (Black)
Used & New from: $115.00
WX9 vs WX10 - worthy $110? I saw Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX9 16.1 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080/60i Video (Red) for $148, and this one is $258. I doesnt see any great diff between then to justify $110.

Does anyone?
[UPDATED] asked by Tiago Ramos on December 1, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
vote
-5x vs 7x zoom
-Menu controls are different. I didn't like the WX9 controls when I tried it out - bit of a learning curve there. The Wx10 is more simple to use in my opinion.
-Battery life of the Wx9 is weaker

Obviously the wx10 is the nearer model so the wx9 is now heavily discounted. Still $110 is a lot. Depends on whether any of the above really concern you. I would definitely try out the wx9 first to see if the menu controls are to your liking.
transatlantic82 answered on December 5, 2011

A
vote
Use the comparison tool on Sony's website. I would post a link to it here but I don't think I can.

As far as I can tell, the WX10 has Image Stabilization with "Active Mode" (whatever that is), a slightly small and lower resolution screen (and better battery life because of it) but the big difference is in the lens. The WX10 uses the "Song G lens" with a 7x optical zoom and the WX9 uses the "Carl Zeiss" lens with a 5x optical zoom. It seems like I also read somewhere that the wx10 has a 24 mm equivalent...

Also, it looks like the WX9 is slightly smaller.

I was wondering the same thing as they are both on sale today, so if anyone has any more expert/useful explanations, please share!
JJ answered on December 6, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›