Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wabash Valley Farms Real Theater Popcorn Popping Oil, 16-Ounce Jars (Pack of 3)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 6, 2007
This popcorn oil is the best for popping corn anywhere. I have used it at home in my PopStir (similar to WhirleyPop) on the stovetop and at school functions in a commercial popcorn popper. If you use this oil, you probably won't even have to add any butter to the popcorn after it's popped - so no cholesterol and less fat. A special feature of this product: It will NOT form black "varnish" inside or outside of your kettle - be it a commercial machine or a home version - it is a clean oil. This oil is solid at room temperature, and you will need some sort of scoop (as an ice cream or cookie scoop) to measure it out of the container. This oil gives popcorn the fragrance, taste and COLOR of commercially popped theater popcorn. You won't regret your purchase of this item.
on January 10, 2007
Gives a really nice taste to popcorn. You can smell the coconut oil. Tastes like theater popcorn. This gets hard - like shortening - when stored in a cool place.
on April 11, 2011
I purchased this for my West Bend 82306X Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper that I received at Christmas. Originally I had one jar that my GF purchased with the popper. I ended up buying the 3 pack once we had run through the single jar. This oil is quite good. It has a very buttery flavor to it and pops kernels just fine. In its solid form in the jar it smells like an old movie theater from childhood. Ive since purchasing this item really gotten into popcorn and ive smelled popping oil that had no odor to rancid odors but this product smells great and tastes great as well. What I ended up doing since the bottle is a crazy shape is to stick it in the microwave and melt it so I could pour the liquid oil easily into the Stir Crazy. Don't worry it turns solid again. My only qualm with this is the price. You can purchase Paragon Coconut Popcorn Popping Oil (Gallon) for the same price and receive 128oz of oil versus 48 of the Wabash Valley. If the seller took half off the price it still wouldn't be as good of a deal as the Paragon. That being said I did purchase the three pack and did enjoy it immensely. Tasty but expensive.
on September 12, 2010
EXCELLENT PRODUCT!! I've tried several different brands of various so-called "popcorn oils" over the years, including one marketed by the elderly gentleman who we all know and love for his popcorn, all of which seem to be made of soybean, canola, or something even worse, and which, quite frankly, taste as bad as they sound. None of them even come close when compared to coconut oil, either taste-wise or healthwise - yes, I said healthwise,check it out - and this "Real Theater" brand of flavored coconut oil is without question the best my wife and I have ever used. We own an old-fashioned movie theater style popcorn maker, so I can't vouch for popcorn made on the stove, but there's no reason why there should be any difference in flavor no matter how it is made. Please remember that this is coconut oil, and unlike other oils, it will tend to solidify at ambient temperatures of maybe 70 degrees F or cooler. The product label doesn't explain this for some reason, but it's a natural occurrence for coconut oil. Anyway, you can simply scoop out the amount of oil you need, but I suggest placing the container in some luke-warm water until the oil returns to a fully liquid state - maybe 5 minutes or less, and then pour out the amount needed. It doesn't need to be refrigerated after it's opened, and has a virtually unlimited shelf life.
The "but" in the title line refers to problems we had with the vendor when it came to our shipment, but this is after all a product review, not a customer service critique.
on June 22, 2007
Pretty good stuff, but I'm finding it hard to emulate that flavor I get in the theater. Instructions with a table showing the proper ratios for popcorn, popping oil and seasoning would have been helpful!! It is far better than Orville's "butter popping oil". The shipping cost was about half the cost of the oil so it would have also been nice to have this as a "free shipping item" even if it would have to be combined with other items.
on August 4, 2011
I made some yummy popcorn with this. I saw in other reviews that people had trouble with it being a solid oil. If you think about it, it's just like using crisco. I used a butter knife to add as it melted, then added my popcorn into a sauce pan on my glasstop stove using a stainless steel pan. There was no sticking or burning.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 23, 2013
Looks like and smells movie theater popcorn! Love the coconut oil for its medium chain fatty acid. Good for health and helps reduce fat storage. The orange tint from beta carotene is fine.

Now, on the flipside, I am not sure if the artificial butter flavor in this one is as dangerous as that in microwaveable popcorn. *sigh* Didn't think about THAT when buying it. Since it doesn't add that much of a buttery taste I'd say get the unflavored and add butter yourself! Without adding butter, my 5 year old insists he tastes no butter on the popcorn at all.
on January 3, 2007
This product really does work,especially in the stir crazy popper.It makes crunchy popcorn every time.
on May 30, 2016
For years we looked for something to give us that "movie popcorn" taste and couldn't find it. We knew from different sources that what we wanted was a coconut based popcorn oil; so we would try coconut popcorn oils, but with no success. Then we tried this stuff. BINGO! Our search was over. Don't use hot-air poppers or microwave popcorn poppers. Get something that cooks your popcorn in popcorn oil - in this case, Wabash Valley Farms. We have found that the Stir-Crazy popper works just fine. Pop your popcorn in the oil; and when it's done, don't add anything but popcorn salt. No butter! THIS is movie popcorn! Delicious! Dare I say - OUTSTANDING! (You'll want lots of ice cold favorite beverage handy; this calls for it.) Enjoy!
on January 7, 2016
Love this stuff. We use a whirly-pop popper with this oil and some Flavacol salt. Tastes exactly the same as movie theater popcorn (without the annoying kid behind you, banging the back of your seat.)

Here's what I do: combine 2 tablespoons of this popping oil, 1 teaspoon of Flavacol, 1/2 cup Orville Redenbacker popcorn in a whirly pop. Keep the lid open until the first kernel pops. (then close it or you might lose an eyebrow or something.) Boom. 5 minutes later - you have awesome popcorn.

Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
Gold Medal Prod. 2045 Flavacol Seasoning Popcorn Salt 35oz.