Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Color: Multi-Colored|Change

on August 14, 2012
This thing is awesome right up until the point it comes zinging across the water at high velocity and hits you in the face. The dynamic of the game of catch changes at that point, and the next thing you know it has become a violent game of dodge ball with this demonic little bastard skipping across the water's surface like some kind of angry bug out for blood.

Good stuff.
44 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2011
Hours of Great fun for hanging out in the water all day. Shallow water in particular because its best to have some footing for throwing and catching. Have used the whole summer and still not run out of fun. Probably won't even, just a classic tailgate-like hanging out game.

Works in both ocean and lake water, and heck river water might even work but I haven't tried it. Be careful in the pool though, this ball bounces far. Maybe good for throwing between one person in pool and one person out of the pool. Or even try the Waboba pool ball (supposed lesser bounce), but I haven't tried it.

FYI:

The Pro Waboba (smaller size) has better control so it is good for controlled use / playing the actual waboba game / trying to do tricks.

The Regular Waboba (larger size) bounces more randomly so it can be more fun for just throwing back and forth / hanging out.

Hope you enjoy it too!
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2011
I just ordered one after seeing a family playing with it out on their boat on the bay in NJ. At first I thought it was going to be a waste of $10 and would get lost fast. Boy was I wrong! This is a great little toy. We just went on vacation to the cayman islands and my two boys (ages 16 and 21) spent hours playing with it everyday. People were in awe of how this ball skips across the water. The pro has more bounce and is stronger. If you want one for young kids I would get the Waboba regular not pro. I even had a great time with it. Don't go on vacation without this little toy. Its a blast. Highly recommend it. 5 star.
on September 16, 2013
There are three Waboba surf balls that are under the size of a tennis ball. This is the largest. The orange and grey one is in the middle, then the "surf" which is pink and blue is the smallest. I have all three. So far as I can tell they're all made of the same materials, and hold up equally well. They're remarkably novel, and quite fun to play with, so I recommend them highly. Being the largest of the three, this is aimed more for adults adults with decent arm strength to play with. The pro is noticeably heftier... imagine throwing an apricot vs throwing an apple - the pro is the apple, and suitable for anyone who would be comfortable throwing a baseball a decent distance, while the "surf" is the apricot, and more suitable for children.

For the record, the "surf" is great fun for adults too.
on September 16, 2013
The skin on this ball started unstitching the very first time is got tossed around in the pool. A day at the lake and all of the stitching gave up, all over the ball, not in just one spot. It's definitely a fun toy for my big boys/teens, but the craftsmanship & materials need serious improvement before I spring for another Waboba Ball.
on May 21, 2015
Wow! This thing is awesome. It really does bounce on water. I've been playing this with my brother for a few days in our pool. Can't wait to take the waboba to the beach and have some real fun with it. If you own a pool or go to the beach get this!!! You will not be disappointed.
on July 17, 2015
The Waboba is one of the best toys I've ever owned.

Sure, it took me about a year before I finally got to use it, but when I finally did get to whip it out it was an instant hit.

I brought it to a small pool at my friend's apartment complex and we just skipped it back and forth across the pool (while standing outside of the pool itself). Now, this obviously isn't the best way to use it considering we weren't even in the water...but we still had loads of fun. In fact, after that day 2 of my friends bought one immediately.

It got a bit roughed up over time because we ended up unintentionally skipping it against concrete poolsides and intentionally skipping it against stucco walls (made up an awesome game that was like handball), but it only has a small hole in the fabric and a bunch of pils. The ball itself still skips beautifully as intended.

Finally got to try it at the beach this last weekend and it was the most fun I've had with it yet. Everybody who walked by wanted to know what it was, and since we had plenty of room to throw we really started to get the hang of it.

An overhand throw will often result in a faster skip that is more difficult to catch. A sidehand type throw will give it more of a hop, but less velocity. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it you will have a lot of fun.
on September 19, 2011
This is a cool ball--skips on water. Fun in the ocean. It's a bit more tricky in the pool, unless you have a big pool. We used it in a little pool and had to keep getting out to fetch it. Reminds me of those gel stress balls!
on July 9, 2013
I wish they would change the picture. I thought I was ordering a large ball the size of a volleyball. Instead it is a very small ball. I just didn't read the reviews or description well. The boys still had fun with it and it does have a great bounce.
on September 3, 2014
a little disappointed with this- was expecting a large oversized ball that would be fun to play with in the pool. I thought the pictures were very misleading, this ball is smaller than a tennis ball. you really have to launch/whip it to get it to skip and this ball will then fly and take off. you need a very very large pool area to play with this or the speed of the ball when it bounces will be too fast.

was relatively inexpensive so too lazy to return it but would not necessarily recommend it to others