Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 18, 2012
I absolutely love the look this bra creates. I do not find it to cause "cone boobs", although I can see how if someone perhaps was trying to squeeze into a too small cup it might have that effect. My natural cleavage is close, and the bra did not space me too far apart.

That said, this is not a cleavage creating low cut top type of bra. It does not push up, and is not like a balcony or half cup style bra that creates a more rounded shape. This bra brings everything straight forward. If you're looking for projection, this is great bra. It has a two part cup, with the seam going horizontally across the middle. I personally do not care for molded seamless cup bras.

The bra is so feminine for a full cup style bra. I'd purchased it for everyday type wear and think its lovely for that. It might not appear super sexy, but under clothing it certainly creates a super sexy profile. The matching panties are very feminine as well.

I have this bra in black, heather pink, and also in cappuccino, and feel that the cappuccino is the prettiest. I rarely reach for the black, I wish it was all black. The black is black lace over a sheer white netting, while the cappuccino has a nude/taupe type net under the lace that makes the bra appear more sheer, as the skin looks to be more exposed, even though its really not. The pink is a nice pastel pink (more about color choices below).

This bra will show at the top if you have a low cut or sort of low but wide neckline.

One thing I've noticed is that these bras tend to feel tight in the band. You might want to consider ordering "sister sizing" (go up a back size and down a cup size) if you're undecided. For reference I have a 31.5" rib cage, and most often wear a 34G (US and UK sizing). The cups for this bra fit me perfectly, the band was snugger than I like. I chose to stay with my back size and may use a bra band extender until the bras stretch out some.

This style has been offered in various colors over the years, so, if you're purchasing from a reseller, its a good idea to make sure you're getting the color you think you are, especially if you're matching panties to it. I know it was once offered in a heather pink, which is a pale pink, and also carnation pink which is brighter and darker. Currently Amazon is showing it in cappuccino and toast, and these are completely different shades from each other. I think the most current color offering by Wacoal is ivory.
on December 17, 2011
I have bought two of these bras. They fit a larger bosom very well. The embroidery is really pretty, varied..i might say old school, like the 60's on the wrong side of town. Very sexy, very 24 hours from Tulsa. ha. give away my age here.
And for some reason they bra does not put all the weight on your shoulders. Holds the breasts high without pushing them out. I recommend it, but be sure you know your size. you can try this bra on in Macys or Nordstroms for size. I did notice a slightly different... texture to the one bought at the dept. store and the one bought on Amazon. Like the embroidery was just a bit flayed on the pink one. Perhaps they wash them or put some product on them at the store..
on June 30, 2015
The 'girls' are happy positioned front and center, no under-arm spill. Totally comfortable well-fitting, excellent shaping. I don't like the current rounded style shaping, too matronly-looking. I want to see the model's profile so I'd know what I can expect, can't envision that in the straight-on view.
on April 24, 2012
Unfortunately, pretty as it is... I have to send it back. The bra itself is beautiful, but I guess when they call it "retro chic", they were referring to its shape and not its design. This bras has a very definite "conical" shape to the cups that I personally do not like. Wacoal bras so far as I have known are really good bras and there others that I really like. Just not this one. If the description had explained a little more what they meant by "retro chic" I would not have wasted my time.
Thus the three stars and not the five I have given other Wacoals.
on August 27, 2015
I believe that this product was a second, this is the third bra that I have had. The first two I bought at Dillards, I have had them for over a year. This one ripped on the lace immediately, but I still wore it. However in less than two months it has fallen apart! Not the same quality as the ones I purchased in Dillards. At least I can return the product at Dillards if it falls apart. I will purchase this same bra, but I will go back to Dillards
review image
on June 26, 2013
I have a hard time finding a bra that fits and an even harder time finding one that is comfortable. This bra is both, and I'm amazed. At first, I found it much too scratchy, but after a few washings with long soaks it is fine. This bra really provides a lot of support! FYI - I'm guessing that this bra runs one cup size larger than normal. Frankly, I'm not sure there is such a thing as "normal" these days. Sizes vary greatly by both brand and within brands, so if you find something that fits it's best to buy many!

Anyway, I can't believe how comfy and sexy this bra is. Yes, it provides a lot of lift and a somewhat conical retro shape. If I wore tight fitting clothes I might not like it, but I don't. I can wear a button down shirt without looking dowdy with this bra on, and I'm thrilled about that. It's no small thing for a big busted woman in her 50's.
on December 26, 2014
Best bra I've ever owned, I own 2. Bought one at Macy's for 60 and one on Amazon for 45. I wear a 38g and bras that are comfortable in this size are hard to come by. Do not put in wash or dryer. Wash by hand or in a bag, on a delicate cycle. Hang dry. The washer will ruin the lace and noting of the bra. And this will help them last much longer, I've owned mine for over a year. I can wear this all day no problems and more importantly my breast look lifted. They don't look smashed back like they normally do in a minimizer bra. They look good as perky as one can get in my size. The bra does make them slightly pointed, but not too much. I would buy these again and again.
on June 19, 2014
Love this bra . And the shipping was very speedy! Thanks ! I'll be back to buy more colors. This bra gives you a very vintage shape so keep that in mind before you buy. If you're looking for that slightly pointed (but not too pointed ! ) shape of the forties then this is the bra for you!
on March 12, 2016
review image
on April 28, 2016
I normally wear a 44 DDD in the Bali Flower bra and a 44 DD in the Goddess Adelaide bra, the band on this Wacoal bra is one inch shorter than both of these bras. Also the cup seems a bit small just like the Bali, next time I will order a DDD cup. Other than that this is a good bra, very supportive.
As far as Retro though the Bali Flower will give you more of a perky/pointy look than this will. Although this does give a good separation and lift that is youthful. Cup material is real thin, it has an extra lace lining in them but is still very shear. I ordered the violet and I can see the areola through the material. I like that the straps a generously long and is non stretch. It has three rows of hooks and three clasps.
There is a pendent in the center of the bow, I have no idea why. Seems like it will snag other things while washing if not washed alone.
I bought this as an alternative to the Flower Bali to have other colors than just nude and white in my size. Like the Bali, the underwires in the cleavage does not rest completely flat but is not real far off. The only bra I found that is completely flat is the Goddess brand. I prefer the Bali Flower bra for its Retro shaping that is why I wanted to try this bra. Bali has it beat but there is more colors available on this bra. The Goddess shaping is very similar to this bra. For the price though the best deal is the Bali, it is half of the price of this bra. I also noticed if you go up to the 46 inch band the colors are limited to Toast (nude) and Black. Don't know if this is a temporary thing with the other colors being out of stock or not.