Published on November 13, 2012 by Cee Cee Drew

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for Firm Writers
Published on November 2, 2012 by WARRZONE

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for Firm Writers, November 2, 2012
This review is from: Wacom ACK20601 Bamboo Stylus Replacement Nibs, Firm For 1st Generation Pens (Personal Computers)
You have to press harder on the firm nibs to get the iPad to register, and that creates more friction. I thought I would just be able to lightly touch the screen like I do with my finger, but that is not the case. I am not sure if it has something to do with surface area or something else in the stylus. It makes the capacitive touch screen feel more like a resistive touch screen. It's probably better for firm writers, but it is worse for swiping and everyday activities. Maybe the firm nib will get a little more responsive as it gets worn down, but I doubt it. It will probably last longer than the soft nibs though. It is a good idea to have soft and firm nibs for different needs, but if I had to choose only one type, I would go with the soft nibs (Wacom Bamboo Stylus Replacement Nibs, Soft (ACK20501)).

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome to increase the writing accuracy of your bamboo stylus., November 13, 2012
I bought this to give me a little more control while using the handwriting function of Notes Plus on the iPad. For that purpose, these replacement nibs work great. However, as stated in another review, this is not a nib for touch/swipe type activities, as it requires 'firm' contact to register, which will be annoying to you if you plan to use this in that way. For handwriting notes, it's very effective, allowing script that is more controlled and neater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a Real Pen-like Stylus Nib!, December 16, 2012
Whidbey Mary (Whidbey Island, WA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I was beginning to think there was no way to get a stylus for writing and drawing on my iPad that had a nib which was more pen-like in the way it writes. The firmness of these nibs makes writing easy, actually looks like my real handwriting, not like the resulting scribble when I sign on the card swiper at the grocery store.

I also design jewelry and clothing (not professionally...yet) and find this firm nib allows me to do a more realistic sketch when an idea comes to me. Obviously not as detailed as a CAD system or good old fashioned pencil and paper, but close enough that I can review my quick sketch then perfect it later. While flying from Seattle to Chicago I was able to draft several designs with enough detail so my friends could easily see what I had in mind.

If I could, I'd give these firm nibs 6 stars.

WRITTEN 2 DAYS LATER:
I like these so much I wanted to order 5 more packs of them. When I bought the pack reviewed above it was $4.95 with free shipping. Two days ago I was about to order 5 more packages when I noticed the shipping for EACH package was now $9.99 (does not qualify for Prime). I wrote and asked Electric Online if they'd consider charging only once for the shipping and combine all 5 packages into one. Just got an email saying the product now offers free shipping. Well, guess what, the shipping is now free but the price has jumped from $4.95 to $10.50. I hope the ones I have last a long time because I won't be buying any for quite a while at this rate!

I have not changed my original impresssion of the product - still worth 5 stars. I just wanted to alert those who might be considering their purchase. I've also notified Amazon of this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Require firm pressure, March 11, 2013
Purchased these to replace the soft nib that came with my stylus. I found the soft nib a bit too soft for my liking and was excited about a firmer nib. Unfortunately, my writing style doesn't lend itself to the firm nib. I had to press down fairly hard to get the capacitance touch to register on my iPad. Went back to the soft nib and lighter strokes register where the firm nib would not.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as responsive as the "standard nibs", November 30, 2012
I like the feel that's more like a pen, but it's far less responsive than the regular nibs. Even selecting apps or clicking buttons are less responsive. When writing, it doesn't register for the first part of your stroke.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Replacement Nib, July 29, 2013
I love my Bamboo Wacom, but my soft nib finally bit the proverbial dust after a solid year and a half of handling, which also includes kids who believe the soft nib means it needs a harder touch to control their devices. So it was definitely time for a new nib. I went ahead and tried the firm nibs thinking this may really help, and so far, I love them!!! The soft nib always scared me a little, especially in the hands of younger kids who, again, weren't all that gentle. But with the firm nib I notice everyone is using the stylus more gently as it doesn't feel like it requires a more substantial touch. The replacement nib was very easy to install too. Just unscrew, take off the old, put on the new, and screw back! That's it! I definitely recommend the firm nibs over the soft right now as I also feel when using drawing apps you have a better distinction of where you line is going, and the soft nibs tend to flatten out when pressed to a device, which makes it a little harder to know where your going.

1.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL!!!, November 14, 2013
THEY SIMPLY DO NOT FIT THE NEW STYLUS SOLO!!!
Be careful. I don't know why Amazon suggests these as replacement tips for the Bamboo Stylus Solo.
Very frustrating to say the least.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great for drawing with Paper., February 10, 2014
I like the firmer pressure for drawing apps. I'm using it with Paper By 53 and it is very responsive and precise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Price!!!, July 7, 2013
Just head over to Wacom website and pay 4.95 for them! These guys are ripping you off!!! Buyer beware for sure!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful - nib size may not be compatible, November 13, 2013
I bought these nibs along with the Bamboo Duo stylus, and found they simply don't fit. The new Duo takes a 5mm nib and these are bigger. Drilling down to the specs detail on the Wacom website I find these nibs aren't compatible with the new Duo stylus' product number. Replacable nibs were a key factor in my shelling out $30 for this stylus. I don't know how many other Bamboo styluses are not compatible with these replacement nibs.