5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF FAKES/COPIES....!!! Bamboo Stylus by Wacom

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't track well
Published on September 17, 2012 by Steve Bone

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't track well, September 17, 2012
Steve Bone (Powder Springs, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Stylus for iPad White (CS100W) (Personal Computers)
I'll start with the positives. The stylus felt great in my hand. It had a heft to it that was great for drawing. The design was sleek and felt very refined and thought out. The tip (nib) is smaller than any other stylus that I have seen. It had promise to be a great stylus, but on my new iPad (aka ipad3), the Bamboo was not responsive and missed almost every short light stroke when drawing. I sent it back. I realized that the Griffin stylus I purchased for less than half of the cost of the Bamboo seriously was twice as good. I do not recommend this stylus if you are drawing/sketching.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF FAKES/COPIES....!!! Bamboo Stylus by Wacom, March 28, 2013
I own a Bamboo stylus by Wacom (bought at a best buy store) which I've used on my iPad for over a year now. I still have the original (soft) nib and it works well--very smooth and responsive. I decided to buy another one in white here on Amazon. Unfortunately the one I received from seller "yellow tape on sale" was a fake Wacom product. Same box and a good copy, but upon closer inspection it did not feel, look or perform the same as my first one. Called Wacom & described it and they confirmed that their product has been cloned on Amazon. Logo was faded, edges on metal were sharp and it was shiny not matte. Could barely get it to slide on my iPad. Very sticky and unresponsive. Returned it and notified amazon customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware! DEALS4SHARE seller, July 11, 2013
The single star rating is to attract potential buyers to beware of this seller... when I have an actual Wacom, I'll rate accordingly. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I ordered a Wacom Bamboo Solo stylus pen (CS100W) direct from 'at-the-time' Amazon, only to find with the confirmation that the order had been changed and actually placed with a newcomer DEALS4SHARE that had absolutely NO history. I do not buy from nonAmazon sellers with less than a 97%/12 month rating. It was too late to cancel as the order was already shipping. I checked Amazon and YouTube for counterfeit issues and sure enough that is exactly what I got from DEALS4SHARE today!!! This CS100W Solo actually has a black roller-ball pen under the cap like the Duo model, though unlike the Duo the cap doesn't also fit over the nib end. Kind of a cross between a Solo/Duo model in outward appearance. I also ordered the 'suggested' Wacom standard/firm nibs at the same time, they were shipped separately from Amazon and they DO NOT fit this knock-off stylus. Several other issues are present after taking the pen apart.

See my photos, oh wait, Amazon deleted all customer photos... :/

Btw, this stylus is not very responsive and requires additional vertical pressure to engage.

UPDATE 7-18-13: I contacted Wacom and provided photos and receipt. They confirmed this stylus is a fake and suggested I return it.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Fake bamboo stylus., May 22, 2013
Shipping was fast but I'm really unhappy about the product.

This is a fake bamboo stylus, it doesn't work very well at all with my iPad, it came chipped and scratched and just over all poor quality.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 12, 2013 9:50:19 AM PDT
Wacom regrets to inform you that we have discovered counterfeit stylus products within the Amazon reseller marketplace, resulting in poor results when using the stylus. These issues range from the cap falling off, nibs wearing or detaching, and paint chips. Virtually every negative review posted on the Bamboo Stylus within the Amazon marketplace has revealed that a counterfeit stylus was the culprit. We are working with Amazon and committed to rectifying the problem. Please return any such product to Amazon.com for a refund. Wacom is the leader in pen technology, and is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in our premium branded products. Thank you for your interest!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best. Period., February 14, 2013
I have ordered numerous stylus products because I felt this was too expensive. If I had just ordered this first I would have saved money in the end!

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better than Amazon Stylus, December 4, 2012
Caleb Coburn (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
I use the Bamboo CS100W stylus with my iPad, which replaces an Amazon stylus that I had previously purchased and used. I had bought the Amazon model mostly because of its price, but I think this Bamboo stylus is definitely worth the up-charge. First, it has a much better tip--both smaller and more responsive than the Amazon stylus. Secondly, the soft-touch barrel is much nicer to hold, and its length makes it much easier to hold for long periods. Third, I like that you can buy replacement tips if need be. Since I use to draw up concepts for my engineering job or to doodle in Paper on the iPad, all three of these things are pretty important to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality stylus for a non-artist, February 13, 2012
Although I am not an artist, I have found that a stylus has been more reliable than my finger on my iPad particularly on drop down selection lists and radio buttons. I chose the Wacom Bamboo stylus based on reputation and recommendations from artist friends. I have not been disappointed in the purchase. Despite other reviews to the contrary, I have found the product build quality and look & feel to be excellent. I rated it 4 stars rather than 5 solely because the replacement nibs were not included.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best stylus!, July 24, 2014
I have trouble with my fingers not registering on the new smart technology. Even have the same problem with my appliances, so it is me not them. I find this stylus very helpful as it is easy to use and place it on the icons to move the screen to where I want to go. Also a bonus of not leaving fingerprints on the screen. The tips last a long time and are replaceable. It is well made and has a nice feel in the hand. It is the best of many I looked and much nicer quality then some I have purchased. Would highly recommend if you are interested in a stylus. These are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has really made my iPad even more useful!, February 24, 2013
I used my iPad regularly for personal and business use. However, with the addition of PenUltimate (exceptional app) and this stylus, my ipad has become a vital part of my active day. I really love this stylus...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Stylus. Ever. PERIOD., October 11, 2012
If you are looking for a stylus for you touchscreen or capacitive screen device, then look no further. The Bamboo stylus is so perfectly weighted and balanced you immediately feel the difference from a cheap stylus. I have purchased 5 of these and have given 4 away because as soon as you feel it in your hand you gotta have it! I am one that appreciates high-quality products such as this and do not mind paying a little extra for the best. This, hands down, is the best you can buy.

Wacom Bamboo Stylus for iPad White (CS100W)
Used & New from: $15.00