4.0 out of 5 stars Forgeries when "fulfilled by Amazon"
As a review of the actual stylus, I have to say that it has been great. I use it for artwork on the iPad, and it feels very comfortable for this purpose. I don't have any other styli to compare to, but it is far superior to painting by finger.

Published 14 months ago by Forgery victim

1.0 out of 5 stars COUNTERFEIT DO NOT BUY!!
This item is counterfeit if you call wacom customer service they will explain how these products are not real. buyer beware!!!!
Published 16 months ago by Emanuel Aaron

1.0 out of 5 stars COUNTERFEIT DO NOT BUY!!, May 23, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought a counterfeit product, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)
Purchased the Bamboo Duo Stylus Pen for the iPad. When I received it and put the end cap on the pen it was very loose to the point it would wiggle while using the sylus and fall off, not to mention that it will not hold together when it is placed in a shirt pocket. It did this on either end of the stylus. I contacted technical support at Wacom who indicated that the cap should screw into the end of the pen. Mine did not. They informed me that the pen is a counterfeit and that they will replace the stylus at no cost to me. At least there are still some good and honest companies.

Thank you Wacom!

Amazon stop using this vendor!

4.0 out of 5 stars Forgeries when "fulfilled by Amazon", July 11, 2013
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)

The point of this review, though, is to highlight the fact that my ORIGINAL order that came through Amazon turned out to be a forgery. The main tip-off was that the cap of the stylus was very loose, which I then researched and contacted Wacom about. After I sent a series of photographs detailing the finishing and construction of the stylus, Wacom concluded that it was an obvious forgery. It was close to the real thing when fully-assembled, but it was shoddy, and was put together completely differently from the real thing.

Wacom was great, and replaced the forgery with a new original via their RMA process. If you encounter the same thing, I suggest you try contacting Wacom as well. I did have to send them the forgery (hopefully for analysis), which cost extra shipping. They indicated that this was becoming INCREASINGLY common for orders "fulfilled by Amazon". My particular order was "Sold by" DealWithUs, which seems like an ironic name in hindsight.

Please see this video (provided by Wacom) as a demonstration of how one example of a forgery compares to the real thing: [...]

My advice - definitely get the stylus, but be on the lookout for forgeries. Poor build quality is the biggest indicator.

5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant weapon from a more civilized age, September 27, 2012
Chris Ryan (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)
I've tried a lot of different styli - this is my new/forever favorite. It's expensive, but if you appreciate something with some heft to it and can accurately fly around the iPad screen, this is the way to go. My writing and sketching abilities have drastically improved with this tool. It is thinner than I expected, and it was a welcome surprise. The nib is smaller than most I've seen, and you don't have to apply a lot of pressure to get it moving. The rubber nib doesn't stick like some I've used - it just does what I need it to. The pen side is a nice addition. The tip is a bit fine for my taste, but it's by no means a deal-breaker.

If I ever lose this, I will buy another.

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit!!!, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)
Counterfeit product and after looking into it there are so many of us. Get it together Amazon!! How can you not figure out how to fix this problem and when I called they said they couldn't even exchange it for an authentic one.
Wacom was no help either when I contacted them. All they could do was confirm that it was a counterfeit.

1.0 out of 5 stars COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT WARNING, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)
The stylus tip wore out in one week. The end cap with the pocket clip came loose and would not retain the stylus when clipped to a shirt pocket. I contacted the original manufacturer, Wacom, and after their initial evaluation of product description and photos suggests that the product being sold by Mobiandy1688 is indeed a counterfeit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Countrysaver is a scam, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)
I just got my stylus and it was a fake... Impressive he can get away with it been fulfilled by amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Still a Forgery, DO NOT BUY, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)
As of September of 2013 the product being sold by Amazon is still a forgery. The quality is extremely poor and the item is basically useless given that the nib is extremely flimsy and the cap will not stay in place. When I contacted Amazon to inform them that they had sold me a forgery they informed me that they would not be able to make an exchange given that this item is only sold by one distributor, and this distributor (dealtronics) is shipping forgeries. Amazon did make good on the mistake by offering a full refund as well as an additional promotional gift of $25, but I was still sold something other than what was advertised.

After returning the forgery I purchased the real thing at staples ($30) and am extremely pleased. When you do get the stylus manufactured by Wacom you will not be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars **********Knockoff Product**********, September 26, 2013
WRSnead (Martinsville, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)
I purchased this item and it broke within a couple of weeks. When I called WACOM customer service they had me look for the serial number inside the cap next to the pocket clip. There was none there. This is a knockoff item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but make sure you buy the authentic one not the replica, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo (Personal Computers)
When I purchased this, I chose the one with the lowest price. I received a very nice looking stylus in a box that looks just like the authentic one. It even has warranty information in the package. The complaint I had with my stylus was that the cap did not fit tightly onto the stylus. It came off really easily! Since I did not want to loose the cap when I was out and about town, I contacted Wacom support that was on the paperwork inside the box. He asked me for pictures of my stylus. Upon looking at the pictures, he said that I had a replica and not the authentic stylus. He asked me to send in the one that I purchased so they could inspect in and in exchange, sent me an authentic stylus. The cap snaps on with a click and the over all stylus just feels a little better quality. After looking at the pictures that have been posted, I can see why. Anyway, the replica stylus is good, but the authentic has better build quality. If you choose the least expensive ones, they are all replicas. Be prepared to loose the cap unless you are able to devise something that will keep it on. This stylus has a pen on one side and the stylus on the other, so you really need the cap to protect your pockets, etc from the ink. I plan on buying a couple more styluses and will be spending more to make sure I get the authentic as I'm sure that Wacom will not exchange the next ones for their authentic model.

Stylus Bamboo Pen Duo