5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Galaxy (Note II and Note 8)
Ordered this pen, hoping that it will work with the Galaxy Note 8 tablet. I figured it would but couldn't be certain because the specs didn't say “Feel Technology”. Well, it does work and also works with my Note II. The weight is well balanced.

Published 18 months ago by Debbie Potter

***Not compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition!***

Published 12 months ago by Some Cat Lady

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Galaxy (Note II and Note 8), June 18, 2013
This review is from: Wacom Bamboo Feel Stylus for Microsoft Surface Pro 1 and 2 and tablets with Feel technology (Personal Computers)

The Wacom website does not include them on their compatibility list. Before the order was shipped I even called Wacom and the service tech, although very polite said it wouldn't work on either.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT for Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014. Use stylus model no. CS300UK2 instead., December 11, 2013
***Not compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition!***

The pen will respond and register, but has a noticeable offset to the lower right side. When working with a stylus, this is super distracting. I am returning my stylus. Wacom has a 2014 compatible model in their store: CS300UK2, which is the newer version of this same stylus and compatible with the Note 2014.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, April 22, 2013
Florida Bum (Daytona Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an outstanding stylus in appearance and feel. I gave it 4 stars - wish I could have given it 4.5. It was almost perfect. In fact, perhaps you'll feel it is perfect if you've never used another stylus. Unfortunately, I have.

I own another stylus that is quite nice. But, it's not quite as nice as the Bamboo product. The old stylus is 9 grams; the Bamboo is 18 grams. This heaviness makes the Bamboo stylus feel substantial and the surface texture makes it easy to handle. Combine that with the right diameter for an adult hand and this pen just feels perfect in your hand. It has a cap that adds a nice balance to the back end when writing. I can't explain it, but the button on it doesn't seem to get in the way as much as it does on my old, smaller pen.

So what's missing? As I said, it's unfortunate for the Bamboo stylus that I own the competitor. Because the competitor has one great feature I wish was on the Bamboo and that is the "eraser" button on the back end of the stylus. The Bamboo does not have that and I found myself constantly flipping the stylus to use an eraser that wasn't there. In fact, the metal end of the cap could scratch the tablet's screen and you definitely don't want to find that after attempting to erase.

Although I really miss the eraser, it doesn't even come close to outweighing the benefits of the Bamboo stylus. If you're not used to an eraser there's nothing about the Bamboo stylus that will disappoint. It has a perfect weight, shape, and texture. It writes beautifully and is a near-perfect addition to the Galaxy Note 10.1. In contrast to another review I've read, the alignment on my tablet was perfect. No problem with the Galaxy Note 10.1 at all. I hope the next iteration from Wacom will include an eraser, but until then this is the product to get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons, May 29, 2013
This review is for this stylus used on a Galaxy Note 10.1. The programs I use most with it is Autodesk SketchBook Pro and Papyrus. The only other stylus I have used for the Note 10.1 is the s pen it came with.

Quicky review: I like the stylus, and would recommend it to anyone with this tablet.

I bought this pen hoping it would feel more substantial in my hand than the integrated s pen that came with the Note 10.1. For that, it has certainly served it's purpose. In fact, I dislike the feel of the original s pen so much, that I look past the flaws in this stylus and use it anyways.

I really do like the feel of this pen in my hand. It feels like a regular ol' pen. It has the correct weight and heft. If you wanted to you could even grab one of those pencil cushions you used in middle school to make it even more comfortable. It has a great feel.

The cap on the pen is... interesting? I don't really see the point to it, unless you just throw the pen around and wanna protect the tip. It's nice, but it just seems like something that would get lost. And then you would spend forever thinking "Gee, I wish I still had that cap" even though it never really served a purpose in the first place.

I purchased the white version of the pen, because it was the only one available where/when I purchased it. It picks up dirt and gunk easily, which I don't like, but it's also easy to wash off. If I were to purchase this pen again, I would definitely go for the black version. The texture of the pen is very matte, and I have yet to figure out if I like it or not. It's a very odd feeling for a pen. It doesn't feel cheap, but it could have a more quality feel.

I like the placement and construction of the button on the pen. With the original s pen, I'm constantly hitting the stupid button. With this pen, I do not have that problem.

And now to the important part. The sensitivity and responsiveness. There is a difference between this pen and the s pen. I've noticed a very slight lag every once in a while, and it is not quite as precise. It can be a problem at first, but one you get used to it, and calibrate your drawing/writing to the pen, it's barely noticeable. But if I'm trying to be very precise, I'll put down the bamboo pen, and pick up the s pen. Switching back and forth can get a little annoying. The pressure sensitivity in the pen seems to be just as good as the s pen. There is no discernible difference to me.

Something that I found makes this pen work better is to pull the s pen out of the tablet while you're using it. Sometimes the tablet gets confused if the s pen is still inserted.

It does not have an eraser. But I have yet to use a stylus with an eraser, so I'm used to not having one.

It comes with two extra tips, and mine had a soft tip pre-inserted. I tried out the hard tip, and I much prefer the softer one.

The last problem I have with this is the price. It just seems ridiculous to me. I got mine for 20 euro on sale (aprox 25 USD). And if I ever had to replace it, I couldn't imagine paying $40 for it. It's a decent pen, but $40 seems a bit silly.

All in all, I like this pen, but when it needs replacing, I'll probably try something else.

EDIT: I have had this for 7 months. After about 3 months of relatively consistent use, it has developed tiny fractures around where the silver tip part meets the white casing. It has also become a lot more offset than it originally was. It is very noticeable. I got some nice use out of it, but I'm not going to buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawlessly designed; perfectly integrates with Surface Pro!, August 20, 2013
The Surface Pro includes a stylus that does not feel anything like a true pen. I purchased the Bamboo during my quest for a suitable replacement, and I tested it against an older model Wacom Cross stylus. The Pro stylus is skinnier than I would like, and I did not like the position of the buttons in relation to the stylus clip.

The old Wacom Cross is a heavy stylus with one feature that seems to have disappeared from more recent styli - a No. 2 pencil-like eraser.

The Bamboo surpasses the Pro stylus on all fronts - from design to feel to functionality. My only suggestion to Wacom is to integrate the old style No. 2 pencil-like eraser into newer models. They would have the perfect stylus!

The Bamboo is light and perfectly mimics a pen. I primarily use a stylus as an integrative tool with OneNote for taking notes during meetings and classes. Unlike previous styli, there are no hiccups or staccato text; the stylus flows smoothly across the screen with no delay. I highly recommend Wacom's Bamboo to anyone who is looking for a more natural-feeling stylus that is weighted perfectly. Also, invest in a color other than black; having lost several in the last year, choosing white has made this one impossible to misplace.

3.0 out of 5 stars Registration off, October 21, 2013
Amazon Customer (Los Angeles, USA) - See all my reviews
Pen itself is good, but registration is about 1 -2mm off to the right on my Galaxy Note10.1 2014. I Called Wacom and asked if there were a calibration application for the stylus , and was told no. Since I need the pen for drawing, 1-2mm makes a big difference . So the pen goes back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, heavy Wacom pen, April 26, 2013
Despite the title for this pen/stylus, I bought it for a Microsoft Surface Pro. It works very well on the Surface Pro and is very responsive. After calibrating, it seemed to be as accurate as the pen that came with the Surface Pro.

It's quite heavy for a pen/stylus. It only has one button, but no eraser. The nibs are replaceable and do come with several replacements. Don't loose them as I've read that you can't get replacement nibs anywhere without buying another pen.

I was stupid and bought the Carbon edition of the pen/stylus and paid $80. There is a black and a white version that cost $40. I don't know why or what the differences are between the lesser expensive models from the Carbon version. I have no idea if the weigh the same or not. Everything else should be the same outside the color. If you can get the lesser expensive models, you might be better off, but they seem to always be 4-6 weeks for delivery as they seem to be in great demand.

3.0 out of 5 stars The stylus is not accurate, October 31, 2013
Ben Franklin "Franklin" (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
Offset with Samsung Note 10.1 2014
The stylus is not accurate. There is a noticeable offset shifted to the right about 2-3mm.
Good for writing not for drawing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying Ink Offset Between the Tip of the Pen and Where the Line is Being Produced!, November 14, 2013
After reading many reviews about this stylus I was left with the impression that it was just as accurate as the Samsung S-Pen that comes with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Within 10 seconds of placing the tip of this pen on the surface of my tablet, I realized that this was not so.

I tested this stylus on my brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
When writing or drawing, a very noticeable offset can be seen between the tip of the pen and where the line is being produced. This offset is even more pronounced when the pen is being tilted at an angle in the normal writing position. This issue could be negligible if a customer purchased this pen solely for taking notes and doing doodles. However, if you are an artist who pays attention to line accuracy when creating illustrations, using the pen with this issue can become very frustrating and cumbersome.

The Samsung S-Pen that comes with the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition is far superior to this pen in terms of accuracy.

I would've given this pen a rating of one star, but I decided to add an extra star because of the excellent feel and weight that the pen has.

See my youtube post of this demonstration:
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stylus for Surface Pro 2, April 4, 2014
I've tried a bunch of different stylus and this one has the best feel/weight I've found so far. Also, the tip has a slight flex to it which makes the drawing feel more like a felt tip pen which is more natural. Only down side is there is no eraser function on the back so you have to manually pick the eraser in apps.

$39.95 $36.99
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.