5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice add-on for Wacom tablets
I use a Wacom Bamboo Capture and felt the included cord was a bit too "limited" (it's about 3 feet in length) - my options were to either buy a longer cord or this Wireless Accessory Kit.

The kit includes 3 pieces:

* Battery
* Wireless transmitter
* Wireless receiver

The battery and wireless transmitter plug right into the Bamboo...
Published on July 20, 2012 by MiRSD

3.0 out of 5 stars HOPEFUL BUT DISAPPOINTED
The Wacom's wireless kit is a hopeful product, however I was disappointed for two main reasons.

Published on August 14, 2012 by Johnny Tran

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice add-on for Wacom tablets, July 20, 2012
This review is from: Wacom Wireless Accessory Kit for Bamboo and Intuos Tablets (ACK40401) (Personal Computers)

The kit includes 3 pieces:

* Battery
* Wireless transmitter
* Wireless receiver

The battery and wireless transmitter plug right into the Bamboo Capture (or other supported tablet) -- the bottom has a compartment that opens and the pieces all slide in to place (meaning no transmitter sticking out the side.. everything is self-contained within the tablet).

The Transmitter piece adds a POWER button to the side to turn it on/off. The battery charges via the same USB cable that came with the tablet (just plug it in as you normally would (when using it wired) and it will charge).

The receiver is a very small wireless (Bluetooth?) dongle which fits into a USB port and is very thin in profile (one problem with these are that some are much larger and can be a problem when connected to a laptop).

When everything is plugged in and charged, hit the POWER button on the side of the tablet, the light on the tablet will flash white for a few seconds ("connecting") and then blue ("Connected"), indicating the status.

I found the connection time was often very quick (2-3 seconds from pressing Power) but some applications (such as photoshop) took up to 10 seconds to recognize the tablet. Other applications would recognize it much sooner.

I did have the transmitter not be able to connect a few times (white light comes on for a few seconds and then turns off) - this was fixed by unplugging and re-plugging in the USB receiver to the PC. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a problem in the long-run.

Response times and sensitivity were perfect -- same as if it were wired -- this was one of my concerns as if it couldn't keep up, it wouldn't be usable for most instances.

Price was reasonable, it works great and makes using the tablet much more enjoyable. Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars HOPEFUL BUT DISAPPOINTED, August 14, 2012

1. The battery life will only last you 10 hours max, and that is with a small Intuos5 tablet. THIS MEANS that you have to charge your tablet daily. In my opinion, if you are going to charge your tablet daily, might as well use the cord instead of having to take the cord out, plug it in, putting it away, and doing that everyday.

2. Bug issues. I have had my tablet spaz out on a few occasions using this wireless option. I don't know if it's a receiver issue or what, but my touch was moving the cursor in bizarre motions out of control.

The wireless option is very convenient and clean if you like to travel and carry your tablet around. However, the bug issues and the battery issue proved to much of a con for my taste.

Sincerely,
Johnny

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver!, July 12, 2012
Adam (Midwest, USA) - See all my reviews
I have been waiting for Amazon to carry this product for a couple months now, and was so excited to see it on here recently. I use a Wacom Bamboo, and work in a very limited space. Cords lying around all over my desk disrupt my workflow like no other, so this is a lifesaver for me.

Let me just say that setting this up was a breeze. Once you snap everything into your tablet and get it charged, literally all you have to do is plug in the wireless adapter into your computer and you're ready to go. No extra software or steps to go through to get this to work. Considering the fact that this is wireless, I thought that I would be able to notice somewhat of a lag without the tablet being directly plugged in, but there is no lag whatsoever.

The battery life is also stellar. Wacom says that this will last anywhere between 10-15 hours depending on the tablet you are using, and I definitely believe it. There is also a great little battery monitor that pops up in your taskbar, so you will never have this thing die on you with no warning.

The price on here is a couple dollars more than on Wacom's website, but with free shipping from Amazon, I actually came out ahead.

All in all, I am very pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was sick of the chord, so I cut it., April 18, 2013
The wireless kit was a great purchase. I debated on buying this for a while, but glad that I finally did. This is a great example of Design and Portability. No lag, Instant pairing and everything fits within the tablet for storage, so you dont have to worry about losing anything. Now all Wacom has to do is drop the price of the Cintiq by $1000 and I'll tattoo their logo on my bum.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stops working constantly - DON'T BUY!, August 18, 2013
Since I bought it around a year ago it hasn't worked correctly for more than half an hour and on counted occasions. Usually after a couple of minutes the mouse stops moving and it seems stuck... what I have discovered to unstuck it is flipping the pen and use the back/erase side and then it starts detecting my movements again on the "normal pen" side. But after it happens once, it starts getting "stucked" every minute or so, making it unusable, and I have to end up using it with the cord installed. So I wasted 44 USD, and gave wacom money for nothing.

Since I bought it I'm always installing the latest drivers expecting this to be corrected, I've used it on a windows 7 notebook, and recently I tried it on a windows 8 new desktop and on windows 8 on my notebook and the problem is on the 3 machines!! I imagined it was something particular of my win 7 machine so I didn't leave a commentary here, but know I am sure is a generalized issue on this wifi accessory, so as an advice, don't waste your money and get used to the idea of being "cabled" if you want the Intuous 5 to work.

UPDATE 09-2013
I keep updating to latest drivers hoping it will get fixed, but up to date I haven't been able to make an entire edit/work (even use the intous5 more than 5 min with the wireless kit without it stopping, and finally having to use the cable to be able to work without it stopping from work). As I said before I have tried it on 5 different systems, 2 with windows 7 and 3 with windows 8 and the same problem ALWAYS, so DON'T DARE to buy this accesory, and if you need wireless look for other pen tablet

UPDATE 11-2013
Everything as before, plus the USB thingy broke and half of it stayed inside the USB port (just uploaded the image to customer images

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, February 23, 2014
Worked ok for a couple weeks, then started shutting off unexpectedly. Id be using the pen and suddenly the cursor would stop moving. I look over at the tablet and it's turned itself off...again! Check the battery and it says I have a full charge. The problem got progressively worse and at this point its basically useless. Turns itself off every couple minutes. This piece of junk is going back for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dropping connections very easily, December 17, 2012
I have purchased the wireless kit (ACK40401) for my Bamboo Create. I am disappointed. My major complaint is that the connection drops intermittently. When the tablet is connected the blue led is on. All of a sudden when I am using the tablet the led goes off and never comes back on. I sit about 8 feet from my TV screen and laptop when using the tablet. This is happening at a time range anywhere from every 2 to 20 minutes. The only way to reconnect is to unplug the wireless piece from the tablet and replug it and it comes back on. But it is very annoying to repeat this.

I have read about interference of 2.4 GHz devices. I have 2.4GHz Logitech keyboard and Mouse and a wireless router. In order to do a test I have turned off the wireless of my router and connected my laptop directly with Ethernet cable. I also unplugged the Logitech Keyboard and mouse, and started to use the laptop's keyboard and mouse pad. This was just to test if the tablet wireless signal was affected by these devices. It lasted longer than 10 minutes but the connection dropped nonetheless. This test proves to me that this is not a signal interference issue.
I have used the Wireless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse for a very long time. Never have experienced any connection drop. So, the technology is available but not well implemented by Wacom, yet. That is my non-scientific conclusion.

If this was a $10.00 purchase I might have considered keeping it. But for $37.00 it needs to go back. I will have to fall back on USB extension cord.

2.0 out of 5 stars Drops signal too often., April 23, 2013
Either the charge dies (even though the display says it is 90-100%) or the signal dies at a rapid pace even though I am less than 3 feet away from the usb port.

3.0 out of 5 stars wireless wacom accesory for Intuous 5, September 21, 2012
Was really excited and looking forward to the wireless capability for the new tablet I purchased. Am now somewhat disenchanted with it. It sometimes seems to have a mind of its own and my cursor will just start moving across my computer screen like it's possessed. I do like not having to always be tethered to the computer but it doesn't seem to hold a charge for a long period of time. I am still working out the kinks and hope that we will soon have a better relationship. It does get frustrating when you first start using it so you must have patience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product, doesn't work, October 28, 2013
This is a great idea. Who doesn't love the idea of not being tangled in cords while trying to work? Unfortunately, the product doesn't work. My tablet works fine when plugged in, but not at all wireless. To be fair, it worked for the first month or so of owning it, then it just quit. For this price, I would expect some quality. Don't waste your money here.