Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 16, 2007
I got this for my husband, who dislikes cold winter days. Overall the heated seat is a good value for the money. The cable with cigarette lighter plug is quite long and will probably even make it to the back seats, if anyone wants the cushion there. The unit just plugs in and in about 2 minutes you have heat. There is no adjustment of heat, it just warms up gradually then stays there. On the plug there is a red light to show you it's working. There is no need to disconnect when turning off the car since the power is cut to the cigarette lighter. The only gripe I have is the way this seat is attached. There are rubber bands with plastic hooks at the top of the seat for hookup(can run around the headrest), then there are rubber bands on the sides(these can be run behind the seat, a bit short) and finally there is a rubber fitting underneath the seat, presumably to go over the seat. Seems in most cars this is useless, as most car seats are sitting on rails to move them back and forth and there is not enough clearance to use the rubber bands for secure fit. The only way to install is just to place the cushion on a seat, then hook up the upper bands and hooks, and then the same thing on the side. The seat cushion will move around somewhat, but it's not too bad. 4 stars because of the problem with attachment to seat. This product does not allow you to adjust the heat, so for heat sensitive, get a product with adjustment, although probably have to spend at least double. Also the cord comes out on the driver side door, so it has to go under the seat cushion to reach the cig. ligher. OK if on passenger side. Good, working product overall, does what it says. I would buy this product again.
44 comments101 of 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2007
I shopped long and hard for a product like this! I almost bought my new car based on whether it had heated seats - the problem is, I wanted the Honda Element, which doesn't offer that feature - and most cars that offer heated seats are leather, which doesn't hold up well with my traveling dog. I found this product on Amazon, liked the price, and ultimately trusted the review of the consumer. The best feature about it is that it heats up instantly. I really don't know what the difference between the standard and the delux model is, but for a couple extra dollars, I thought it was worth it to try. Durable, light and easily cleanable. I've been telling everyone I know about this wonderful product.
0Comment53 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 28, 2008
I have the seat for two weeks now. It works, it heats up in about a minute. Stays warm, not too hot, very comfortable. I can only strap it with the upper straps, and the lower straps do not seem as they can be used at all. I need to adjust the seat a little every time I use it.
The main thing to remember is to unplug it when you finished driving! It stops heating after you turned off your car, but it still eats up the battery power! I learned it the hard way - had to call for help after the seat was left plugged in overnight. My new battery got completely empty.
0Comment41 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2006
It was used for a road trip right after we received it. My 82 year old Mom has terrible arthritis so usually a car trip is out of the question. The seat warmer made it much easier for her. We also bought one for Dad. He didn't turn on the heater, but commented on how warm and comfortable it was even without heat.
0Comment60 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2007
I have almost an hour commute to work, and when I arrive, my aging hips often feel achy and cramped. I recently rode in a friend's car with heated seats and was amazed at how much better I felt when I arrived. I asked on a local bulletin board about the cheapest and most fuel- efficient car with heated seats, and some enlightened soul connected me to this seat warmer. I ordered one, and am happy to report on how well it works. Much cheaper than a new car! It works great, with a penetrating heat. don't know how it will work in the summer, but right not, my buns are much warmer and happier every morning!
EDITED: IT DID NOT LAST. It stopped working after a few months, so I ordered another one, which also did not last. I have since found one sold by Dr. Scholl's that does seem to be holding up well and is much better quality (also a bit more expensive).
0Comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2008
It's alright. I wish it would heat up faster. However, even when it isn't heating at all, the material feels warmer to my bum on a cold morning than the actual car seat, so there's a plus. I hate how poorly it stays in place. It should have a rubberized or sticky backside so I wouldn't have to battle each time I get into the car to avoid it sliding over. Yes it has straps, but they are weak.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
There were other heated seat models available, but this one, with heat sources in both the back and seat, fit our needs exactly. My wife uses it in a '91 model car that never would have offered heated seats as an option. But now, the BMWs and Lexus have nothing on her car!
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
Overall a good product. Heats quickly and very comfortable.

Only drawback is the straps are basically useless,too short and weak. You will need to find a way to secure the cushion.

I would buy again.
on February 14, 2007
These are great. Only caveat: wish they had an adjustable thermostat -- sometimes they are TOO good!
on January 19, 2007
Santa delivered five of these heated seat cushions this year for each driver in the house! Now it seems that everyone wants to be in the "driver's seat!" What a deal! The seat has been making winters in New England tollerable!