Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Style Name: 2 DC sockets|Change

on September 11, 2007
This splitter is HEAVY and bulky. But if located correctly, these are advantages. I was using all 4 outlets with multiple swaps going on all day by people from different angles in the van, and there was never a problem with intermitant contact or loose contacts. I attribute that to the heavy casing and the heavy outlets. The only caution are the two tabs used to attach the splitter. They appear to be undersized if the splitter is hung. I used both the provided double-sided tape and the tabs to hang my splitter - it is quite stable.
11 comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2007
The Wagan 9794 is an excellent 3 way socket extension for your current car cigareete (power) socket. It comes with a pretty long extension cord, so you can position it just about anywhere you want to inside the car. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has more than one car appliance such as a radar detector, navigation system, ipod am/fm transmitter, etc.
on May 15, 2010
I received this item fast and I installed it in about 5 minutes. It came with double sticky tape and 4 screws so you can choose which method is best for you. I chose the screws because I wanted a more secure installation. I drilled the holes and mounted the bracket and the unit attached easily. I plugged it in and hooked up my key fob charger, phone charger and radio transmitter and had all 3 operating without a hitch. The unit is sturdy and mounted with the screws I had no problems plugging and unplugging my devices. The only thing I can complain about is that the item I received was not the same as the picture so they must have substituted. I have no problem with that as the substitution in my opinion is better looking and it works awesome. I would buy another if I owned another vehicle. I recommend this to everyone.
I uploaded 4 pictures also so you can see the unit installed.
22 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2009
So far this item seems to work fine. I was hoping to use a power outlet in the back seat area but that didn't work out. I was able to mount it out of the way near my emergency brake and run 2 other cords to it, which tidyied up my console area. It doesn't mention the length of the cord anywhere on Amazon or on the mfg web site so I contacted the manufacturer. The response I received was that the cable is 5.5 ft long, but actually it is 38".
on May 11, 2009
I used the Wagan Twin USB/DC Socket Traveler's Adapter for 6 months and found it very convenietn to have two lighter sockets and 2 USB ports. My usual configuration is to have my cell phone, gps, and notebook computer plugged in, but this last time I plugged in my laptop, the power indicator light went out and the unit smoked. I checked the fuse, which was fine, but the springs connecting the fuse had overheated and melted the surrounding plastic. Dang! Bottom line? I liked this well enough that I am back to order a replacement.
33 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2009
I really appreciate the two USB power sockets. They remove the need for a bulky charger normally put into the cigarette lighter, or in this case into the two DC sockets on the adapter. I can chage my IPOD without the bulk of the normal car charger; I can charge my DELL AXIM PDA the same way. I can also charge my cell phone, however, I've got to use the clunky car charger that comes with the phone.
I bought two of them. I bought the adapter because the DC socket built into the car stopped working. Using this adapter was a helluva lot cheaper than having a Toyota dealer try to fix the built-in DC socket outlet.
on March 31, 2007
Not much to it. But still, it does what it supposed to do, and and is solid.

Comes with screws and a mount for the dash, and double sided tape so you can mount the way you prefer. 4 outlets, one with the "spring" bit that works with your cig lighter. The maybe 3' cord leading to the device is nice, and makes it flexible for mounting.
on March 26, 2008
I purchased this adapter (as opposed to one without a cable because to use my existing socket for power I had to keep the ashtray open all the time.

It took me about 10 minutes to wire this unit to the existing socket wiring, and 1 minute to attach the unit to my car using the provided screws.

I am using two of the ports - one connected to my Sirius satellite receiver and the other conencted to my Garmin GPS - everything works fine.

The power indicator is "interesting" but redundant from a practical standpoint as my car already has a battery indicator.

For the price you can't go wrong.

Note that you will have to be patient as the lead time for this unit is about a month from cablesonline.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 26, 2012
This product was pretty good for what it was. It's positives is that there are four sockets to charge

but the negatives is that the sockets are really narrow so if your plug is wide then you will most likely have to leave a slot unoccupied simply because the sockets are so close together.

Another con for a compact car is the cord is pretty long.

And the final and major con is it worked well for the first 9 months but died just last week. It is very disappointing as I paid more in hopes this would last a while. I will be contacting the company
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello Eric,

We do see according to our records, this item was replaced for you at Wagan Tech under warranty, just at the end of July 2012. We know some time has passed, but we were curious if your replacement is still operating to your satisfaction.

Thanks - -Wagan Team 800-231-5806
on December 27, 2007
We have a car phone, MP3 and a TomTom. During a recent trip it was nice to know that we could keep them all charged. We put a piece of velcro on the console and another on the back of the unit and it is now a permanent fixture in the car.

Worked great