Published on May 28, 2010 by Heather Drew

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm afraid of these people
Published on December 2, 2010 by Garbageman

5.0 out of 5 stars The most underappreciated band of our time releases yet another great album!, May 28, 2010
This review is from: The Wages (MP3 Music)
With bluesy rock beats and genuine lyrics, The Wages should be the top of all the charts! The album tackles issues that are felt in the heartland: living on a fixed income, the crystal meth problem in small communities, rampant unemployment, and the unfair market prices many farmers face. But it is still hopeful, it is still uplifting, and it still comes off optimistic.

"Born Bred Corn Fed" will make anyone born or raised in rural Indiana either swell with love for the lifestyle they live or hurt with homesick for what they've left. "Clap Your Hands" is a celebration of just being different - and the video that accompanies is one of the most joyful, exciting music videos to date. "Miss Sara" would make the biggest tough guy in the room wonder who is cutting onions, and "Everything's Raising" should be the anthem for our shrinking middle class.

With Breezy on the washboard, Cuz Aaron on the drums, and Rev on gass (guitar + bass), harmonica, and vocals, Big Damn Band creates big music: Music that's larger than life, rich, and big in everyway you can imagine!

5.0 out of 5 stars SEE THEM LIVE!, February 21, 2011
This review is from: The Wages (Audio CD)
I saw this band a few nights ago. Get the album! SEE THEM LIVE if you can! They have so much talent and energy it will blow your mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band, July 16, 2010
This review is from: The Wages (Audio CD)
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band is a band you can't help but like. They are awesome performers and so much fun. I've been a fan for years. For me, The Wages is absolutely a five star album and belongs in every music lover's library. The places they sing about on this album are all real places located in the beautiful hills of Brown County (IN). My personal favorite is "Fort Wayne Zoo". The video for "Clap Your Hands" is very creative and a must see. I love this band and love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough, June 10, 2011
Damian (Portland, OR, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wages (MP3 Music)
I can never get enough of Rev Payton's music. Yes it all has the same sound, but it's one of those perfect sounds, like the Ramones or RL Burnside. They really hit the spot. And if you can, see them live!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reverend's Big Damn Sermon...., January 22, 2011
howlnwoof (the music room..illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wages (Audio CD)
Without a doubt one of the greatest musical trios ever....right there with Cream and the "Ace of Spades" era Motorhead. An exceptional slab of middle class, middle America anthems, sung and played with a raucous, reckless abandon that would make any of the old blues guys proud.......if their music doesn't bring a smile to your face, you're one of those poor souls who actually believe the Grammy committee gets it right......

4.0 out of 5 stars Reverand Peyton's Big DAM BAND, June 14, 2013
This review is from: The Wages (Audio CD)
I went to two Reverend Peyton's Big Dam Band Concerts and do not miss his live show if you have an opportunity by all means go see his show....listening to the cd is just not the same as going to the show and seeing him in person. I do enjoy the cd and listen to it from time to time. I actually got the opportunity to meet Reverand Peyton after one of his shows he was just standing near the back selling his CD's so I took a few minutes to talk to him...He was a very nice guy and he said get the word out to people about me! I said I would indeed do that because he is a fine musician.

5.0 out of 5 stars It you like the blues, February 19, 2013
Teafran (Columbia, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wages (MP3 Music)
and in particular old time blues, this is the band to listen to. Reverend Peyton and his band have a real good old time feel to it and it's actually lots of fun to listen to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Bust Out Great One, July 29, 2010
This review is from: The Wages (Audio CD)
Another bust out great one by the Rev, Breezy and "Cuz" Persinger on drums. If this music doesn't touch you, put a toe tag on. Special mentions go out to "Sarah", a moving tribute to Sarah Moore, the late great owner and blues patron of Sarah's Kitchen in Clarksdale Mississippi. This is one of the most original powerful little big bands working in the country. Catch them live for a great time - but watch out for the fire from Breezy's washboard!

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm afraid of these people, December 2, 2010
Garbageman (the other side of California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wages (Audio CD)
I bought this and played it a few times, but I'm not really into it nearly as much as I thought I would be. I mean, I don't know what you're looking for, but if you're jonesing for an oom-pah band with a big bass drum and insane rambling lyrics sung by a guy who sounds like a Looney Tunes cartoon character, here ya go. In fact, this music could soundtrack a Vaudeville movie where the countrified characters come right from central casting: flour-sack pants, rope belt, brogands, and Yosef hats with the front brim pushed sideways a la Smokey Stover. If you smoke husks out of a corn cob pipe and yell "tarnation!" when your truck backfires, then this might be the band for you. Otherwise, you might prefer these songs in smaller doses than an entire album.

1.0 out of 5 stars yelling and pounding, June 2, 2011
This review is from: The Wages (Audio CD)
Somewhere between country and blues, but is yelling, pounding and banging really music? Did not care for it at all.

The Wages
The Wages by The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies