Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on July 20, 2011
Since I have been wearing buzzcuts for decades I've owned several clippers. Usually cheap ones from department stores but my last set was a more expensive Wahl model I got from Sally Beauty that I expected to last longer but after a drop they were never the same. My wife requested that the replacement clippers be cordless. Some research lead me to Wahl Sterling Eclipse clippers. These have been great! They cut evenly with only a few passes unlike other clippers I've owned that require you to go over and over and over to get an even cut. For some reason the Sterling Eclipse clippers cut shorter with the #1 guard than my old clippers did with that guard even though my old clippers were also Wahl. This kit comes with #1/2 and #1-1/2 guards so no doubt you will be able to find a length to your liking. These clippers cut better than any clippers I've ever owned plus they are cordless and much quieter. They aren't cheap but quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.
on February 22, 2011
I've owned 3 or 4 different sets of cordless clippers over the past 5 years or so. These are hands down the winner and will probably still be using them 5 years from now. One of the biggest problems I have had with my previous clippers is that the battery would stop holding a charge. The clippers that faired the worst in that area were the Wahl Self Cut clippers where the head pivoted. Great idea but the battery in those lasted less than 6 months. These, although they look pretty plain, are very solid and feel very good in the hand while cutting. The attachment combs are a bit on the cheap side, but that isn't what I bought them for. I wanted a pair that would actually last for a while since I'm on a very limited budget, as are many nowadays. I had started researching all of the new cordless clippers, which are very few surprisingly, because I wanted to find ones that used a lithium ion battery as those are the best at holding a charge and will keep that charge even after weeks of non-use. Up until recently, I couldn't find any that had this type of battery. There were trimmers that would be great for beard trimming and such, but no clippers. When I found these being sold by Cache Beauty and the fact that they are actually made in the USA, I had no problem shelling out the $70.00 for these. That is another thing that I have had a problem with lately and that is finding things actually made in the U.S. Since I am on a limited budget, I have made a rule that anything that I need to purchase that is more than $50.00 must be made in the U.S. I don't care if I have to pay a little more for the product because I know in the long run it is best for the economy as a whole. So, if you were waiting for a review on this item because you were uncertain as to how these performed, I can tell you for a set of cordless clippers less than $100.00 these are A++.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2011
After a few purchases of Andis professional cordless clippers that cut poorly, overheated and/or had terrible battery life or power levels, I was reticent about this one. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised by this unit. Assuming one understands the motor doesn't have the power level of a corded unit, this does a good job trimming my hair on a weekly basis and allowed for 4 trims before needing recharging. I liked the fact that it offered 1/16" and 3/16" guide combs, which allows for refined trimming to compensate for the unit lacking a fade control thumb lever. One great thing about this is that this clipper doesn't heat up with use.
on May 3, 2013
I read a couple bad reviews regarding the battery on this often being defective, I figured those to be the "rare" unlucky few who received them. I decided the good reviews were the majority and to go with this purchase because of how good people said it was when they got a good one....well, it is luck of the draw & I got a bad one. Still trying to get it replaced with no luck thus far. I would reccomend buying something you have more confidence will work & not have to deal with any very potential headaches.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2012
I've used the product three times and would like to finally review this product. I have been cutting my own hair since 2001 with hair clippers mainly of the wahl corded varieties. Although economical and powerful, the corded Wahl professional clippers can become a bit annoying to use due to their heft and weight. It wasn't until a few months ago that my trusty clippers started to stall and the blades became no longer functional that I finally decided to invest in a set of cordless clippers. I stumbled upon this set after a little bit of research and decided to give it a shot. After my uses I can give my following impression.

- very comfortable to use (ergonomical)
- single charge is more than enough to get through two successive cuts (~30 min a self-cut)
- easy to replace blade

- if unplugged, the battery doesn't hold the charge (i used for 20 min my first try, and left it unplugged. when I went to use it again the following week, the battery was dead)
- motor/blades not as efficient as I thought they would be (they snag every now and then. painful, but can be remedied by going slow)
- not the cheapest route

If i were given the choice, I would by it again simply due to the satisfactory cutting ability and the comfort of use. I can't say anything about the long run, but thus far I would definitely give it a try if you are in the market for a set of hair clippers. Just don't expect the capability of a $300 set of cordless clippers.
on December 1, 2013
These clippers WERE just fine...for a little while. It didn't take long & the clippers seemed to have no power or clipper speed. They act like the battery is dying, but even after charging them (the blue light goes out & they are supposedly fully charged), the clipper speed is slow & after 2 attempts to cut, the blades stop altogether. I bought new blades thinking that the blades were dull & the friction was too much for the clipper motor. New blades didn't help. In conclusion, I don't know whether the battery is not able to charge any more or the clipper motor is just weak, but clippers should last longer than 5 months...especially seeing as how often they get used!!!
on February 4, 2013
Just received these last week. Wow. Very impressed.

- lightweight
- small footprint on the bathroom counter (with charger)
- feels like a quality product
- cuts well

- choice in plastic guards is limited
- plastic guards are not interchangeable with other Wahl guards

So far, these are working exactly like I wanted. Much quicker than taking out my trusty Oster Light 76. The charge appears to hold extremely well and there is no loss of power for a single cut.

I keep my head, beard and goatee buzzed at 3.0mm. I plan to use these every 2 to 3 days to keep my head and face neat and trim. So far, so good. No snagging, no loss of power, and no wrist or hand fatigue.

These things are light and very easy to maneuver. Not sure how they would hold up to longer hair for a first time buzz, but for maintenance on an already buzzed head - they seem to be the answer I was looking for!

on March 25, 2014
I have used this clipper in the past and loved it. I decided to buy the same one. I received it and put it on the charger for the recommended 12 hours. when I took it to work to use it, it barely made it through one mens haircut. I got on amazon today to return it and it says I missed the window by one day. I am very disappointed! So much for trying to save money by ordering on amazon rather than the beauty supply. I won't make that mistake again.
on May 4, 2012
Best cordless clipper I've owned in 35 years...I dare you to find a better clipper at this price! Tired of having to replace corded clippers routinely, I shopped for a cordless clipper on the internet for weeks, and the only models available were 2-3 times the cost of this one. I use them in my salon almost every day. They are light, comfortable in my small hand, and powerful: no snagging when plowing through super thick hair. Love the lithium ion battery. Note: The attachments are slightly smaller than standard Wahl guides. Without an attachment, they cut closer than my trimmers. However, I don't use them for skin contact anymore...They are so sharp I actually nicked a client using them around his ear!
So far, after using them for about 2 months in my salon, I would highly recommend this clipper to other professinal barbers and stylists. I'll submit another review after I've used them for a year and report on their durability.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
I got this for general hair cutting and trimming at home. I cut my own hair, and wanted something lightweight and portable that holds a long enough charge for a full haircut. This easily holds enough charge to do several full hair cuts. The light weight and small size (diameter) make it easy to hold especially when I'm cutting my own hair, because sometimes I have to hold it with two or three fingers when I'm trimming the back of my head.

It charges fast enough - I don't need a speed charger - my hair doesn't grow that fast! It also hold that charge for a long time since it uses Lithium cells, unlike my old Ni-Cad powered clipper... charge it once, and it's ready to go when I need it. It stays cool when used for an extended time - my other one would get uncomfortably warm. The blades are sharp and cut great. I've had this clipper for almost 2 years, and it works as well as it did when I first bought it. I'm expecting the battery to die pretty soon, since Li batteries last about this long, but it's also nice to know that the battery is replaceable.