5.0 out of 5 stars Wahoo Blue review
My 1st review after careful deliberation
After careful consideration of the reviews, I decided to try this device on my I phone 4s. I had been to both the web-site and multiple sites reviewing this product. I decided to order through amazon because I can just return the product if it doesn't work. I am training with coach for 2 Iron man races in 2013. Heart...
Published on October 29, 2012 by frmark

1.0 out of 5 stars No Function. No Support.
I bought this product, even though I'd seen the reviews saying it wouldn't pair with people's devices, etc. So, it was a calculated risk.

It did not pay off. I'm a tech savvy guy. I opened it up, looked for the instructions (there are none included with the product - you have to go online). I followed the instructions online, and much to my surprise it...
Published on August 2, 2012 by Kalleh

‹ Previous | 1 2 348 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars works just fine with my iPhone 5, November 13, 2012
Jami "JamiRae" (Peoria, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my 3rd heart rate monitor (HRM). Not because they break, but because I got a better phone! Anyhow, I received this Wahoo BlueHR at about the same time I had gotten a Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Sensor to use with my new iPhone 5. I preveiously was using a a Garmin HRM, which I still have, but it uses the ANT+ technology and I need an adapter on my iPhone in order to use. The bluetooth is nice because it pairs easily with the DigiFit app that I use. I can't speak for the Wahoo app, because I have not tried that as I've been using DigiFit with a lot of success since the beginning of the year and love that app so why change?

Anyhow, if I compare the Wahoo BlueHR with the Polar H7 they is not too much difference. They are about the same size and the strap is similar with the same fit. The one thing I do not like about both of them is the sensor part (or whatever it's called - the big transmitter-like piece that snaps on). It's not really that bad, but when I'm wearing it and doing some exercises that require me to lay on my chest (like on a bench or stability ball) the thing is not as comfortable as the old Garmin HRM Garmin Heart-Rate Monitor which is flat all across the front. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal for the few times I do those types of workouts, but important to note.

the Wahoo HRM does seem to take a few seconds longer to sync up than the Polar when I first start my workouts, but once connected, I haven't lost signal for it. I've been using the Wahoo HRM for about 3 weeks now - have used it for weight lifting 3 days a week, running 2 days a week and bicycling 2 days a week. No problems at all and I love that I can keep track of my heart rate throughout my workouts. the DigiFit app even has some health assessments that I use to get custom heart rate zones based on a prescribed workout. I've run the Advanced Cardio assessment, the Cooper Running Test, and the Critical Power 30-minute (CP30) assessments to determine my heart rate training zones. (these are through the DigiFit app which guide you through them).

I did not experience any issues with this as others have stated, and hopefully the "dead out of the box" is not because they can't find it showing up in their bluetooth settings because with these devices you need to sync it within the app. I think it may have something to do with the Bluetooth 4.0 technology - because they only work with the smartphones/devices that support Bluetooth 4.0, also called Bluetooth Enhanced or BLE. does not work with the iPhone 3Gs - that much I know. There really is little documentation that comes with the device and there really should be something to make it clear that it needs to be paired through an app if you're using it with a smartphone.

oh, and I also have the Wahoo Speed & Cadence sensor on my bike which works great as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet another Out Of Box Failure, July 31, 2012
It looks a simple device. I followed the instruction, install the app to my iPhone 4s, wet the terminal (as I'm doing with my Polar device), and try to sync on bluetooth. Nothing happened. Replacing battery, soak the terminals, pushing the device to body, etc, etc. No luck. Forget it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, June 19, 2012
I ordered two of these one for my wife and one for me. Soon as we got them we tried them out and well my wife's works great mine on the other hand either the battery died after 3 hours of use or the battery keeps loosing contact inside. If I take it off and then put it back on it will not reconnect at all and I have to take out the battery and put it back in, I'm not sure it is working properly maybe i should talk to the wahoo techs about it. any way my wife's is working great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 30, 2012
Another non-working unit out of the box. Another tech-savvy consumer, tried two good batteries, downloaded Wahoo app (after RunKeeper couldn't link), multiple attempts. Didn't bother trying to contact Wahoo, just returned and got the Polar H7, which worked and linked instantly to RunKeeper.

I WANTED the Wahoo to work, I really did...

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Ok, December 25, 2012
It's ok but you never know if its going to stay connected. The bluetooth seems to disconnect unexpectedly. Wahoo gave instructions on how to "reset" it and works for a bit then same thing happens again. Pretty annoying. The BLUE SC speed & cadence sensor works flawlessly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great... for a little bit., January 8, 2013
Worked Great for about 10 workouts, and I was getting ready to write a great review, then it just stopped working. Bought a new battery, tried another phone, different apps (including Wahoo's Utility app), and nothing. I'm going to try an exchange, and just hope it was just an issue with that one.

-6/19/2013 Thanks to Amazon's return policy, I quickly had a new strap in my hands. I've used it almost daily and in 6 months have changed the battery once a few days ago. Seems to be solid (knock on wood). I would give this item a better review, but with all the other documented problems, they do have an issue to resolve.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will Stop Working After 20 workouts, May 6, 2013
I read the reviews on this heart rate monitor and even though some complained about it dying after a little bit of use I still bought it because of the good experience I previously had with an ant+ product of Wahoo's. Well, I guess I should've listened to the reviews! My wahoo bluehr died all of a sudden after like 20 workouts. It was cool while it worked. :( I contacted their customer support and they expect me to pay for the return shipping cost. Why? It wasn't my fault, the product just stopped working. I never dropped it, always used it carefully and already spent some more money buying extra batteries thinking that was the problem. Other than the product just not working, while I was able to use it, I did enjoy it. Don't think I'll be buying wahoo products again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked 1 time ** Buyer Beware**, January 29, 2013
This product worked the first time I used it brilliantly. Kept my heart rate, I could see my rate rate move up and down as I performed intervals on my spin bike and I was in love. Since then, the product hasn't worked. I've been using the wahoo fitness app with it.

The next couple of times I used it the heart rate would start at 116 when I know I was at 60 maybe, then my heart rate wouldn't change, no matter if my heart was about to burst from my chest or if I was just resting. Didn't move! Then all of the sudden it would jump to 130 but not move again for 5 more minutes, I knew the whole time that the heart rate wasn't accurate.

I had no problem pairing the device the 1st time with the app. After I started having issues I did trouble shoot by shutting down the app, and restarting, also shutting down my phone, turning the blue tooth on and off and etc. Nothing fixed the problem so I finally gave up.

I've opted to get the item replaced, I hope the next one works better. If not I'll be returning again and finding something else.

Also wanted to let you know I was using this with the iphone 4s and the wahoo fitness app.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 30, 2012
Purchased a Blue HR so I could use it with an app on my iPhone to track my heart rate throughout my workouts.

It worked the first time I used it, and now it won't connect again. I have followed the directions to the letter including a warm up to try to "wake" it up. I have also tried changing the battery.

I suspect it's "asleep", but there is no way to tell or to wake it that I can see. An on/off switch could work wonders.

It's a piece of junk, Buy something else.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Dissapointment, December 24, 2012
The part came in and I had a difficult time to get it to pair with the Iphone. It worked a couple of times and then nothing. I eventually changed the battery and that solved the problem. The product is great but I can't believe that they are sending it out with a dead battery. That is why I gave it a three star. Otherwise it would have been a five.

‹ Previous | 1 2 348 | Next ›