Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

67%
33%

on January 17, 2012
I am a big fan of Julia Bradbury and watch her show whenever I am in the UK. A few years ago my husband and I walked the Coast to Coast Path and I have been hoping to buy Julia Bradbury's series on that walk. When I was given this DVD as a gift I had no idea what to expect and was thrilled to watch every episode. Julia Bradbury takes you on a series of fell walks in the Lake District, following in the footsteps of Alfred Wainwright. The scenery is stunning, the aerial photography made me want to book a ticket on the next flight, and her narration captures the love that Wainwright felt for the Lake District. The DVD showcases a series of hikes; it does not showcase the lovely towns and villages of the area. If you are a fan of Wainwright and love to hike then you would no doubt enjoy this DVD; if you want a travelogue of the Lake District then it would no doubt disappoint.
on July 28, 2013
My husband and I are planning the England Coast-to-Coast walk next year and this series is giving us a taste of what we will see. While each episode is formulaic, the host is lovely and the films are relaxing to watch.
on December 1, 2011
This was disappointing. The English Lake District is an incredibly lovely area, which is why it has been a major tourist attraction for over 250 years. My wife and I know the area well; she is native to the place. We were looking forward to seeing familiar sights and sites once again. Unfortunately and incredibly, the photography was not good. In any case, the photographers spent most of their film on the (not very) attractive presenter and the little that was left on the landscape. The presenter also issued a continuous stream of narration; usually inane and sometimes silly. This rather boring narration overrode the lovely sounds of the area, water, wind and birds, even she was talking about these sounds. As I said, disappointing.