Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wait
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

• Wait

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 9, 2007
This was even better than I anticipated: I'm brainwashed in joy! My only issue is that I wasn't hearing the polyphony and bigness of instrumental sound as often as in earlier Spree tracks -- maybe a trifle too much Tim.
Still, The Polyphonic Spree is Love!
on June 21, 2007
While the main reason for this EP's existence is to throw a bone to the fans who were waiting for "The Fragile Army" (the title says it all), this is not to be passed over. "Mental Cabaret" is a strong track as is "I'm Calling," a song which has become a personal favorite of mine. Sadly the latter is not included on "Army," so it joins the covers as a track exclusive to this release. Longtime fans of Tim's work with Tripping Daisy will likely appreciate the jubilant update to the already jubilant "Sonic Bloom," which benefits greatly from the added harp, horn and choir parts. The Psychedelic Furs cover is a nice addition and the band's update of Nirvana's "Lithium" will either make you grin ear to ear or make you throw the CD out the window. All in all, a strong release (unless you are a devout follower in the Cult of the terribly over-rated Kurt Cobain).
on May 23, 2007
I think this a really good ep. I like the songs that are going to be on the new cd..Well worth the price
on March 27, 2007
My first exposure to this band was a live performance a few years ago, and I was swept up in the euphoria. I bought the first CD, and I thought, "Meh, okay, so they're a LIVE band first and foremost." I bought the second CD and was like, "Meh, okay, so they're STILL a live band." The included bonus DVD of a live performance was great.

I saw them a few more times, and they were still pretty entertaining, but it was becoming clearer to me that the appeal was in the novelty of their appearance and the joyous presentation they gave onstage.

I bought this CD, and now, I think, I'm probably done buying Polyphonic Spree CDs. Kurt Cobain is turning over in his grave, and I'm not feeling so good myself.