Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on March 13, 2005
Wilcox personalizes the tragedy of Agent Orange by telling the individual stories of those who suffered from the side effects of Agent Orange and the terrible treatment they received. My family is among those who suffered. We lost my father, a Vietnam Veteran, at age 33 from melanoma cancer. And it is a comfort to me that someone is willing to tell the story of the government's mistreatment of its veterans.
on January 25, 2012
If you want more info on Agent Orange or are just starting you search this is an great book.
It put thousands of us Veterands Advocates onto the lies being told us by the Government.

I have survived four AO related cancer surgeries myself since 1986 because of Fred giving me a heads up on the 22 &1/2 Million gallons of Dioxins they sprayed on us in Nam.....( I served in the Calvary in Nam 1967/68 with the Big Red One)
Frankly there is only one Trooper in my unit who made it back to the world who is not seriously ill.

Fred just released his second book a few months ago, This one will make you pule. it proves the effect of AO on civilian in Nam, Thailand, Cambodia, Korea and on and on........
on September 4, 2011
Waiting for an Army To Die should be required for everyone to read, maybe in another 15 years or so when all the "Boots on the ground" Vietnam Veterans and "Blue water sailors" have all passed on. Unlike WW II or Korea, you won't find any old Vietnam Veterans around, the chemicals sprayed on them by their government is still taken their lives today. Some day when we are gone the truth will come out. Take care of our handicapped children.
on March 2, 2012
This book is one of the very best I've read concerning the Agent Orange issue. Mr Wilcox did excellent research for the book. Being a victim of numerous Agent Orange issues, I can fully relate to the men and women he spoke of in his book. Mr Wilcox also has another book called "Scorched Earth", which is also a very good book. It relates more to the Vietnamese country and people than the U.S. Soldiers, and the effect Agent Orange has had on them. Well worth the price, and more than worth the time to read them.
on June 24, 2013
Author Fred Wilcox's extensive research has resulted in this hard hitting and shocking indictment of a cover up by corporations, our military, and government-- specifically the Veterans Administration.

As a Vietnam veteran, I frequently flew in and out of areas treated by vegetation killing chemicals. Not until the last twenty years, when I became aware of fellow veterans struggling with the Veterans Administration for treatment, and when friends began dying from strange cancers, did I become aware of the scope of damage done by the use of Agent Orange in Southeast Asia.

Fred Wilcox has opened my eyes to the scope of this tragedy, which continues to unfold today.
on December 7, 2013
After losing my son-in-law to the ravages of cancer caused by Agent Orange exposure, I was looking for other veteran's exposed and their experiences with trying to get the government to make good on their promises of reimbursement for war caused health damage. Was impressed with the author's frankness and fact gathering.
on May 26, 2010
Great reference, concise, and informative. Mixes the law and research to explain the damages caused by Agent Orange.
on September 19, 2010
I should preface my review by saying that I served in north central Vietnam in 1967-68. I served on river patrols while there and was exposed to Agent Orange the whole time I was there in country. I made application and was accepted to receive a part of the chemical company settlement. My first born son has an IQ of about 30 (without speech they can't accurately diagnose an IQ), he is physically incapable of speaking, his eyes were screwed up at birth (corrected with early surgery) his kidneys were displaced (located in areas doctors had never experienced) and he had elasticity of his skin. He's 5 feet four inches tall and 140lbs. Every male in my family, for at least four generations, exceeded 6 feet in height and 200 lbs in weight. My second son is completely "normal" and healthy individual.

So, I read this book to learn about what other vets had experienced. I have always accepted my son's condition and moved forward, never looking back and always trying to make the most of an unfortunate situation. I postponed my marriage because of the possibility of being in a combat theatre and coming home in the infamous plastic bag. When I returned home in one piece, thinking I had dodged the "bullet," we married and started the traditional family. Only to find out later, I hadn't dodged the small particle (Bullets) of Agent Orange which ended up being more devastating than the one you receive a Purple Heart for. A couple months ago, I read where the Agent Orange Compensation Program funded by the chemical companies has been drained. I've had the legs rashes, the skin cancer, kidney problems but never thought it was bad enough to apply for compensation from the Program thinking that when I passed away, whatever my share of the fund was would help take care of my dependent son. That's not going to happen, now.

With that background, onto the review.

As I said before, I purchased the book to learn about the experiences of other Vietnam vets exposed to the Agent Orange. I found the first third of the book informative. The second two thirds when he was addressing the chemical being used in other markets become somewhat uninteresting and boring for me. I think the author was more interested in the government and chemical companies cover up of the use of Agent Orange. While I agree the cover up existed, it wasn't what I was searching for when I read the book. For that reason, I was a little disappointed.
on May 16, 2016
A good book to give an accurate account of the road blocks put forth by the US Government to deny veterans of earned benefits. Great read to show how the VA and Congress conspires to avoid providing to those who gave most the very basic health care these guys earned. Sad story is that it is still going on at the VA and Congress to those who suffer PTSD.
on April 1, 2014
Unfortunately, this is a story near and dear to me. My brother is a Vietnam Vet who had to consistently and repeatedly fight for benefits he deserved and was denied after he developed Agent Orange Lymphoma and could no longer work as a plumber as he had for since he was 14 years old. Luckily, his children did not suffer loss of limbs and other birth defects some of his fellow soldiers' children did. It's a wake-up call for our leaders who decide the fate of our enlisted men and women who so valiantly serve.