5.0 out of 5 stars Harder to put down than one of my favorite mystery novels!
Published on July 6, 2012 by Colleen B. Gilmartin

2.0 out of 5 stars I had hoped for more in how to be more prepared to explain conservative principles to the uninformed
I was looking for more guidelines in deflating liberal ideology. The author covered it superficially and gave examples. I found the book poorly written with way too much repetition, sometimes saying the same thing twice in the same paragraph, only indifferent words, making it hard to concentrate on the main point and causing me to lose interest. I would recommend looking...
Published 6 months ago by Janet Shea

5.0 out of 5 stars Harder to put down than one of my favorite mystery novels!, July 6, 2012
Colleen B. Gilmartin (Clayton, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I'm reading this book and am having a hard time putting it down! I sent out a email with an attachment to just about everyone I know, to read the book too! I'm sorry I got it on Kindle though and think I'm going to get a hard copy. I like Kindle (especially since it lets me adjust the font for my less than perfect eye sight) but mostly for just fiction. If I want a book to "refer to", I want the hard copy. I'm the kind of reader that uses "post its" and high lights sections when I really like a book and want to keep referring to things.

But some of the points he made were like getting hit between the eyes with a two by four! It's such a great book and so well written. I've found political reading a tad dry in the past, but this is anything but. It's written honestly and with an element of humor that puts across the points so they are understandable and putting a smile on my face at the same time. It's helping me to realize that there's more to what we have here, than just who we elect. We've allowed ourselves to become so passive to keep the peace, while they slowly take away from us all the things we'd held so dear...our morals, our values, God, family and country. Like the writer says "like bullies on the playground taking away our lunch money" and we're letting them!

This book is a "wake up and smell the coffee" before the government takes control of even what we have for breakfast next! A MUST READ!

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile navigation tool for political conversation, February 28, 2012
Cecil James (Western North Carolina) - See all my reviews
As the political 'Left' and 'Right' become more polarized some folks wonder why we can't 'just get along' and quit squabbling. The truth is there are real psychological predispositions that underlie our political positions that are not easily understood and stand as barriers to resolving our positions. This book goes a long way in providing answers in a format that is easy to read, highly informative and entertaining. This book not only assist in understanding why some liberal positions are incomprehensible but it also will reveal why you embrace you personal values. This is a reference document, you will need a copy for your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding both sides of the issues in today's politics., November 26, 2013
This review is from: Waking the Sleeping Giant: How Mainstream Americans Can Beat Liberals at Their Own Game (Kindle Edition)
I think what makes this book is that it gives the conservative American a plan. It is a plan that is fairly easy to follow in discussing politics with a liberal without getting on the defensive. The author directs the conservative on how to use thought provoking statements concerning issues like racism and amnesty to get the liberal to rethink his position. When conservatives really know and understand their position on the issues they can cause the liberals to be on the defensive rather than themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking our culture back from Progressives, September 24, 2012
Pam DAnz (Flat Rock, NC) - See all my reviews
Mainstream America has not only been sleeping while Progressives have taken charge of our culture, we've been hiding, too polite to confront contentious liberals. NO longer. In order to save our country from Socialists we must strongly resist their attacks on our culture and beliefs. Daughtry and Casselman lay out the strategies and techniques for accomplishing this challenging task.

I recommended this book for our TEA Party book club to help us avoid the verbal brawls with dogmatic liberals that sometimes occur when we attempt to change their minds. Daughtry and Casselman say confronting these hard core lefties that only make up about 10% of our population is a waste of time. Rather, we should go for the bigger prize, the great mass of uninformed and misinformed persons who make up 40% to 50% of the population.

This is a hard book to put down. It is an easy read and packed with very useful tidbits. If we fearlessly follow the author's techniques, we will take our country back, one misinformed voter at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, easy tips, July 17, 2012
This book was a very easy read - well organized with very clear suggestions for talking with the not-so-radical left. As explained in the book, the far left are not likely to be persuaded, but conservative/mainstream Americans must learn how to reach the "uninformed" or "misinformed" left. I have recommended this book to a "green" Congressional conservative candidate and he was VERY appreciative of the tips. I like the message that mainstream conservatives need to act like what we are - THE MAJORITY! Readers should google the authors to watch their interview with Fox News and speeches at Tea Party gatherings. This is a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awaking a Sleeping Giant, March 2, 2012
This book is amazing. Very interesting on the thought process on our political forum and makes perfect sense. An inside look on so many thoughts. This book shows why Americans need to vote and become more involved, We are getting over run by the minority of attacking politicians.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for a busy, preoccupied nation that thought they could trust their government!, October 24, 2013
For those many that feel they are watching helplessly as their government is being hijacked by officials that have principles and policies that run counter to basic ideals, values, laws that they fell characterize what America stands for, this book is encouraging and helpful. Our trust has been violated; we had become complaisant and now must work harder to restore the country to the people. this book helps explain why and how!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book for an incredible time, February 21, 2012
This book is an awesome read. With politics increasingly becoming a hateful place, this book is a great tutorial on making your way through political discussions. Buy it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect "Dummies" book for dealing with the Left, July 8, 2013
Watch the dynamic between a radical Leftist and a mainstream American. Who is being aggressive and in-your-face? Who is arguing ideology and who is arguing history/facts? Who is doing the name-calling? Who is doing the appeasing? Who appears to be listening and open to discussion, and who does not? We are not dealing with reasonable adults, we are dealing with spoiled, schoolyard bullies. They are the pampered, protected offspring of my generation who were never told "no", never allowed to fall and pick themselves back up. They were placated, medicated, pumped up with phony "self esteem" programs, then dumped into a reality they were completely unprepared for. Mature ways of handling differences are totally ineffective when dealing with them.

These bullies are rapidly becoming (already become?) the "ruling class" in America, and we must learn how to stand up to them or suffer the consequences. This book lays out a clear and effective strategy for interacting with them that also serves to inform and educate others. It covers the entire spectrum of issues; from combatting the stress response to confrontational situations, to identifying appropriate rebuttal strategies and creating "teaching moments". It is written in a clear and entertaining style that is easy to read.

America has reached a "tipping point"; the 2014 elections may well be the determining factor in whether we become a full-on socialist regime from which citizens -- THROUGHOUT HISTORY -- flee. It is imperative that we all begin to do our part on some level to prevent the takeover of our country by these spoiled children.

This is an important book with an urgent message, and I encourage everyone to read it -- then pass it around. I found it empowering.

For an excellent post-mortem of the 2012 GOP campaign and ideas for how we can help restore our two party system, please also read WTF? How Karl Rove and the Establishment Lost...Again. It is an outstanding companion book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read NOW!, August 10, 2012
Dawn Wildman (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is filled with such great insight that you must read it especially if you are a conservative activist! If every conservative read this book and then followed the simple steps for changing the meme, the political landscape would be completely different right now!I loved it and now have a dog eared copy that I reference over and over again!