5.0 out of 5 stars An important message...
Published 17 months ago by Barbara Hagler

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, but was a BIG Disappointment
Published 17 months ago by Miss Renee

5.0 out of 5 stars An important message..., April 18, 2013
I just finished reading, Waking Up in Heaven by Crystal McVea and Alex Tresniowski. I am very thankful for this message: God is in control and He has a plan for our lives. ('Funny', it's the same message He's given me in my own writing!) For Crystal, it took years for God to get her attention, years for her to know for sure that He is real, years for Him to draw her to Himself. And yet, He did draw this doubtful, young woman to himself. Crystal has barred her soul in this book, not to get attention, but only because God has asked her to tell her story. Thank you Crystal. This book is hard for someone like me to read, I like to read 'feel good' stories and for most of this book, I can't say it made me 'feel good'! But Crystal's story is all too common in our world today... abuse, misunderstanding, sinfulness, heartache and healing. Her story is about the power of God's forgiveness and that He wants to draw us to Himself. He is in control and He has a plan for each of us. This is a must read if you've ever doubted God's love or doubted God's existence or doubted that He could care about someone like you. He is, He does and He's calling you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, but was a BIG Disappointment, April 26, 2013
I am 37-years-old and I have read several near-death experiences books (I have even had a near-death experience myself), but I was very disappointed with Crystal's book. I have to admit that the autobiography about her life was good, but unfortunately, that is all her book was, an autobiography. Crystal's book (in my opinion), was more about her life and the things she has endured in her life versus her near-death experience. I was expecting more information about her experience with God, Jesus, angels, etc, and I was very disappointed in the lack of content about her near-death experience. I also did not like the style of the book (how Crystal would go back and forth from her earth life to her near-death experience). I was very disappointed in the book, but maybe it will help someone else, it just wasn't for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, April 4, 2013
God "nudged" me to read this book after hearing a radio talk show host, who I don't care for and don't usually listen to, mention Crystal' s story. Her story is truly inspirational and fills you with such hope- God's love is pure, does exist, and he has a perfect plan for each of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waking up in Heaven, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Waking Up in Heaven: A True Story of Brokenness, Heaven, and Life Again (Paperback)
This was an amazing story that the authors share with us. Crystal lived a life that involved a lot of struggles that seemed to make her question God's existence. Her life turned around the day she was pronounced dead and then came back to life. They are many book written about near death experiences but I think this is one of the most amazing I have read. I think it is because of the author's background and how her experience draws her to God. God told her to share her experience with others. She never thought about writing a book, but she shares how this idea came to her.I find reading about near death experiences very interesting and I am often drawn to books such as this. I have read and reviewed many but this is the first I have read by a woman. Other were by children and men and they dd not include a life full of difficulties as this author describes. Her story i touching and truly amazing. I found it to be full of hope, encouraging and very inspirational. If you like reading this type of book, then I highly recommend this book to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another perspective, June 26, 2013
I have read about 10 books on this subject and find all of them intriguing. Some people will become bored with hearing about the author's life experiences, but this is essential to the story. Our lives are a journey and every experience shapes us. I especially like stories of near death experiences from people who are not particularly religious to begin with. It makes it more believable. So when you read these type of stories, you have to take it in as their story. After you read many of these types of stories, you can form your own opinion. I want to thank Crystal for writing this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be a scam, January 22, 2014
BillS (California) - See all my reviews
It is possible that the woman's story is true, but it is also possible that it could be just a money-making scam. In my opinion, the book does not have the details and dignity that one would expect to be presented from an ethereal experience. As other negative reviews have stated, the book is mostly about her life. She states that God told her to tell people everything she remembered about her experience, but she remembered very little (she admits that in the book). The book is about 250 pages, but her purported experience would probably need no more than 4 pages. I agree that some information about her life was needed for her to illustrate how God will grant his mercy, forgiveness and love to those who have done things he would severely disapprove; that said and supposing her story to be true, the book should have been no more than 30 pages. At times she also mentions financial problems in her life, which suggests that financial relief may be the true purpose of the book, especially when there is so little of her ethereal experience; and what little there is one could easily fabricate. Also in my opinion, the writing style of the book made for a somewhat irritating read: The author would interject chapters dealing with her ethereal experience among those dealing with her life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much Heaven, January 7, 2014
I bought it to read her story about her experience in heaven. Instead it was a non stop horror read about her life. Blow by blow in graphic descriptions of life events. I do not suggest at all if you are looking for a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story of survival, June 25, 2013
Susan D Roberts (Marietta, GA, US) - See all my reviews
I think Crystal's story is clearly a story of survival and a message to never give up. We are all a work in progress, but it doesn't matter what we have been through, we can be forgiven. By sharing her difficult story, it gives others hope to persevere.
Thank you Crystal for opening up and letting us in to see a glimpse of Heaven.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, September 28, 2013
Not much content. Author repeated the same basic story throughout he book.
There are better book on the same subject.

3.0 out of 5 stars A non-compelling read on a believable subject, October 2, 2013
I didn't find it a smooth read. The story was just okay....I found it to be 'more of the same ole story' people give about their hard life some by circumstance and some by her choices, and it took too much time to get to her point, that she experienced being in heaven. I am sure she had the experience she shared so that was convincing for me.
This was a book required to read for a group discussion about heaven from different perspectives..would I choose to purchase this book to read? No.. I would have picked something else.. was it awful? No, but it was not a very compelling read for me.

Waking Up in Heaven: A True Story of Brokenness, Heaven, and Life Again
Waking Up in Heaven: A True Story of Brokenness, Heaven, and Life Again by Alex Tresniowski (Paperback - April 2, 2013)
$15.99 $14.39