5.0 out of 5 stars Design seems to be fixed, great slide!
Published 18 months ago by scifry

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective
Published 18 months ago by EA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Design seems to be fixed, great slide!, July 13, 2013
scifry (Long Beach) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waliki's Lazy Pool Tall Inflatable Water Slide & Water Park (Bounce House) (Toy)
This is an updated review. Many of the reviews on this item are from last year, when the 2013 model (mine included) was defective and popped after 1 or 2 usages. The seller contacted me and apparently others, and sent me a new one to test this year. We've been using the new version now a lot with my 3 sons and many of their friends, ages 2-8, and all have been having a blast. Despite quite hard usage, the slide has held up perfectly. We now have two slides, since we bought another one after returning this one last year, and the waliki is the one we pull out regularly. And I mean regularly - b/c whenever its nice all our kids' friends want to play on it.

The pluses versus other similar slides- the main things I like about this one are its relatively small base pool (the size of a usual kiddie pool). I hadn't thought of this before buying the slides, but which means the water tub fills easily and quickly so you don't feel like such a complete water guzzler, and it also quickly becomes a cushion for the sliders. Its also still big enough for my littlest kids to play in and entertain themselves. I couldn't find another with the same base water pool size. Also it has a large air cushion at the bottom of the slide, rather than relying on the water pool entirely to cushion kids, which is a much better design. We had some kids hurt themselves on our other slide when they bottomed out, so I started having my 7 yr old and his friends slide on an air cushion.

The minus - it takes a while to drain some of the water that somehow gets inside the seams as part of the air blowing process. I'm not sure if this is a problem with all of these slides. So, if you have to take it upstairs or plan to immediately pack it away into the stowage bag every time you use it, you may get frustrated. I just drag it to a space in front of my garage and it dries and drains.

4.0 out of 5 stars Updated review, October 11, 2013
Got to use it only twice before the lining separated from the plastic slide. It was fun but for the money it should've lasted much much longer.

4/22/14 - company contacted me from my review and sent a new, re-designed slide for us to try. So far, it's held together better than the last one except for a small tear in the seam. They also offered a lifetime warrenty on the slide so that if something happens we can contact them for a replacement. I appreciate them taking the time to try to make the situation right.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kids Have Really Played Hard On It, It's Tough, July 1, 2013
I have used this slide 5 or 6 times, both dry and with water. The kids love it. My boys, 6 & 8, have beat the tar out of this thing and it still works great. Perfect for a hot day when you have nothing planned for the kids. I recommend you put a tarp underneath it for protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... and 8 year old boys have had so much fun on this slide so far this summer, July 13, 2014
My 5 and 8 year old boys have had so much fun on this slide so far this summer! My 8 year old is tall for his age and has older friends that also find it fun! I think it's a perfect fit for kids 5 and under though!
It's also easy for me, a small woman, to load up on the kids wagon to store in the garage. We haven't experienced any problems with it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, July 22, 2013
EA "iz2001" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After a few hours use, the Waliki Lazy Pool Water Slide began to delaminate at the top and the base of the slide. This resulted in large (6 inch wide, 2.5 high) air bubbles to form. Attempts to contact Waliki Toys met with auto-reply emails promising "We will get back to you shortly, our goal is within 1 working day or less." Chat feature on their website currently unavailable. One week later, still no response from Waliki. Returning for refund. The entire family donated their $50 Amazon gift cards (which they had been hoarding since Christmas) to buy for their little sister's birthday. Daughter -- who enjoyed tremendously for brief time she was able to use the slide -- is very disappointed. Her siblings -- who paid for it with their Christmas gift cards -- are disgusted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hole in slide, August 6, 2013
This slide lasted only 3 days before a huge hole burst open. I returned it to amazon for a refund

We received the new model and works great

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 24, 2014
My 5yr old and his friends love it!! Just the right size for our yard. Easy to use!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 happy kids=1 happy mom, August 18, 2014
We are happy to report that the new and improved slide is better than ever! If you had an issue with last years model you would be doing yourself a favor to give this years model a chance. Seems more durable and still a blast!! My kids (4&7) have been putting it to the challenge this summer and loving every minute! We are the yard to be at in the neighborhood! Thank you Waliki for perfecting your product!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted for 2 uses, June 1, 2014
My kids were ecstatic to get this water slide, and it was pretty easy to set up. They played on it for hours the first time! There were some bubbles in it but I read the note that came in the package that that was normal to see when first using it and so we didn't think much of it. The next time we went to use it, though, I noticed a hole. It still inflated, and my kids are light enough that it did not deflate as long as only one of them were on the slide at a time. If the other one wanted to start going up the slide while the other was still at the top or on her way down, it would cave in and start to deflate. By the end of the day today, though, it was starting to deflate with no kids on the slide (just playing in pool). After unplugging it I saw that the hole is MUCH larger now. I don't think we'll be able to get a 3rd use out of it. Waaaay too much to spend on something for only 2 days of use. Bummed! :(

**UPDATE**
The company contacted me to let me know that they have redesigned this slide and they are going to send me a replacement. We will try out the newer design and resubmit the review for the new one. Hopefully they have fixed the problem that was causing holes!

5.0 out of 5 stars We are very happy with our slide, August 18, 2014
We are very happy with our slide. My kids have played for hours. The customer service we recieved was excellent!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›