Customer Discussions > Walk Among Us forum

Walk Among Us Remastered?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 27, 2009 3:59:50 PM PDT
I. Sepulveda says:
Hello,
"Walk Among Us" according to the Rhino website has been remastered. I noticed no difference in the recent vinyl re-issue. I have'nt purchased a cd copy of this album since the '80's, I was wondering if anyone could inform me if the remaster statement is true. Thanks in advance for any info.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2010 11:33:41 AM PDT
Indeed, on the Rhino Records website it says, "Whether you listen to it pressed on 180-gram vinyl or on CD, the newly remastered WALK AMONG US, sounds better than ever in all its wonderfully crude and demonically brilliant gory glory." However, I just got the 2000 Rhino CD reissue (catalog # R2 79947, UPC 081227994723), and the sound is no different from the old Ruby Records CD that I've had since the early 1990s (catalog # 9 25756-2, UPC 075992575621). So I don't know what the deal is other than Rhino made a mistake. It's kind of a bummer, since the only reason I even bothered to purchase the reissue is because I thought it would sound better than the nearly 20 year old CD I have.

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 5:41:07 PM PDT
Greg Lasley says:
I found this after a bit of searching: "180 gram vinyl mastered at Acoustech Mastering." Not sure if that applies to the CD as well. Not even sure if it TRULY applies to the LP as my phonograph is in the shop. I have the first pressing and will be doing a comparison with the 180g. Will update soon unless someone else has better information.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Walk Among Us forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 27, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Walk Among Us
Walk Among Us by Misfits (Audio CD - 2000)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (132)