5.0 out of 5 stars So what's so wrong with this movie?
I read all the other reviews for this movie, and I was amazed at the negative comments the guys made about it. Well, I'm a guy and I loved this movie. Okay, so Keanu Reeves doesn't get the award for best dramatic actor of the century, but he's a lot better than, say, Jim Carey. I didn't perceive him as "woody" or "stoic," but rather I saw him...
Published on June 13, 2000 by Richard J. Teasdale

3.0 out of 5 stars A CLASSIC ROMANCE MOVIE...
This is a romantic drama that is entertaining, despite Keanu Reeves' somewhat leaden performance and the overly contrived plot. Look to the late Anthony Quinn for a wonderful performance as the benevolent grandfather, who knows true love when he sees it. Look to the beautiful damsel in distress, affectingly played by the lovely Aitana Sanchez-Gijon, with whom Keanu Reeves...
Published on January 24, 2005 by Lawyeraau

‹ Previous | 110 11 1235 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic comedy, February 1, 2010
This review is from: A Walk in the Clouds (DVD)
The story of a man, Paul, just home from the war. He finds out his wife's not interested enough to read the letters he sent almost daily, and that she's seeing other men behind his back. He takes off, supposedly to find a job, and meets Maria, a young co-ed working on her master's degree. She tells him she's pregnant by her professor and going home without a husband. Paul suggests that he be her husband for a day to ease her back into the household, and then he'd take off to finish his trip. Her family has other ideas. And these you have to see for yourself. There are many comedic spots, a lot of romance, sexual inuendo, but no out-right nudity. We do see Paul's chest once or twice. I don't mind watching this one with my kids in the room. The scenery is fabulous. Napa Valley, California. Grape vineyards from one end of the screen to the other. A walk in the clouds is a movie worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Glorious Romance that even Men will Love, September 18, 2007
Wanderer (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk in the Clouds (DVD)
Note: I made some immature Mormon angry over my negative reviews of books out to prove the Book of Mormon, and that person has been slamming my reviews almost as fast as I post them.

So, your comments or "helpful" votes are appreciated. Thanks

A short review is not necessarily a bad review if it leads you to a great movie.

This is a super romantic movie that even men will like. It's a wonderful romance involving a Korean War veteran who returned home to a changed world. He's married and leaves on a train trip selling chocolates. On the train, he meets a young woman who is going home to her family's vineyard in Napa, California. A warm movie about family and love. Anthony Quinn is great as the grandfather.

I always hesitate to say too much about a movie for fear of ruining for the first-time viewer. This is enough, except to say that I've watched it a million times--well at least fifty.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was the BEST!, May 28, 1999
By A Customer
I fell in love with movie the first time I saw it. I now own it and watch it everytime I feel low and want to feel good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Minus 1, December 28, 2010
This is one of my classic stand-bys for when I want an escape. I love the lush scenery, the realistic plot, and the integrity of the script. The only real detraction for me in this is (obviously) Mono-Keanu. The guy can't act his way out of a wet paper bag but, luckily, his acting isn't bad enough to sink the ship. One note to the "Official" Amazon reviewer: It's very well demonstrated (both visually and audibly) that the reason the family and farm hands are using the silk-like wings in the vineyard is to try to distribute the heat from the fires burning in the cans down to the grape vines (not to chase away insects, as you wrote). There is a frost warning for that night, and that's why everyone scrambles to get the heat down to the grapes. Frost + grapes = bad wine, I guess. This movie is probably in my top 20.

4.0 out of 5 stars Si me llamas amor, March 24, 2001
By A Customer
This is one of my favorite movies, and it is not because of Keanu Reeves. The story line is a somewhat cheezy, yet charming, tale of post-war romance where Keanu's character battles with the choices he's made before the war, and the opportunities he finds when he returns -- and meets a woman. Out of kindness to the new woman he has met (who is not his wife! yes, he married before the war), he encounters new battles as he lies to help her out of a potentially bad situation, only to find that he is quickly caught up in a family ordeal (and a personal battle of integrity in regards to his own marriage). Without giving too much away, the movie is cute and romantic, as Keanu serenades her with "amor, si me llamas amor!" (one of my favorite parts :) ...) and finds out what it really is to have love and a family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly a romantic film..., August 25, 2001
Jose (San Antonio,Tx) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk in the Clouds (DVD)
I was excited to learn that this film was on DVD because of the Letterbox format (that was not available on Videocassette) I was under the impression that the Letterbox will bring out great scenerys (amongst the vineyard, the house, etc.) and I was not disappointed. Of course, it also reminded me how the late Anthony Quinn stole the show with his performance. The only thing that I was disappointed with the DVD was that there was no Language track in Spanish. They only had it in English & French. I was disappointed because if you are watching a film with a Spanish flair to it, why make the alternative language track in French? I would have loved to have seen it in Spanish only because as we all know, Spanish is the most romantic language of all. Other than that, it's a treasure to own this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Romantic gift for the Lady in your life..., January 8, 2011
This review is from: A Walk in the Clouds (DVD)
A Walk in the Clouds is a Romantic and heart-warming story that is a joy to watch. It centers around two young people (Aitana Sanchez-Gijon and Keanu Reeves) who find their lives coming apart at the end of WWII in 1945. They meet by chance, and begin a relationship based on the unselfish and heroic behavior of Reeves. The plot is interesting, the acting is Great amongst the entire cast--including the venerable Anthony Quinn. The photography in the beautiful Napa Valley is breathtaking, and the musical score suits the film perfectly.
This is a great "Date Movie" or "Feel Good Movie" that most adults will find enjoyable, and worth a repeat viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Return of Romance, October 21, 2010
Lesley Z (Ancaster, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk in the Clouds (DVD)
For those of you who have never even heard of this movie...you are missing a real treasure. The cast is perfect....yes, even Keanu who plays to perfection the kind, sensitive, young soldier returning from war. The art direction and photography, the other cast member's performances are exquisite. This is a movie in the classic tradition. It is a story and a cinematic vision that we rarely see these days. I bought it for my mother for Xmas....my father came home from that same war after 6 years of fighting. This movie is true not only to the period, but also to the hearts of those who lived through it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Folks Enjoyment (For those who remember the end of WW II.), December 22, 2008
This review is from: A Walk in the Clouds (DVD)
My wife and I watched this moview several years ago and enjoyed it a second time even though the acting is a little slow. But we both remember the end of WWII and all the soldiers returning home to find what they left behind had changed including wives and sweethearts. Some of the men had been gone for 5 years and during that time kids had been born and lives changed forever. It's too bad that so many people today don't pay the respect to these gallant men that they deserve.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Walk in the Clouds, August 28, 2008
This review is from: A Walk in the Clouds (DVD)
This is a beautiful and poignant film. It is a film about the unexpected love formed by two people of deferent origins, which interen causes havoc among the girl's family. A family stepped in tradition and pride, but through there love and there families love for there land and the tragedies that befall them due to the father's disdain over his daughter's love for this outsider, a union is formed and the outsider is finely excepted as and loved as there own.

‹ Previous | 110 11 1235 | Next ›

Walk in Clouds [VHS]
Walk in Clouds [VHS] by Alfonso Arau (VHS Tape - 2003)
Used & New from: $2.77