1,460 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Other reviews have you worried? Read this:
Published on September 1, 2010 by J.P.G.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking desk, two serious flaws
The desk is very nice looking and a great size for an L shaped desk. Most are larger, and this one has equal length sides, which is great. The black glass and metal looks really sharp. The assembly is not simple but was reasonable; it's a project that takes an hour or two.
Published on December 7, 2011 by Rocky

5.0 out of 5 stars Other reviews have you worried? Read this:, September 1, 2010
This review is from: Walker Edison 3-Piece Contemporary Glass and Steel Desk, Silver (Kitchen)
For anyone on the fence after reading some reviews PLEASE READ THIS: First of all I ordered the SILVER version so I knew I was getting the "X" frame as one reviewer noted. The BLACK framed desk at double the price is the one that the reviewer gave 1 star for not being "Y" framed... Anyway this desk is AWESOME I am 6'1" and I had no problem with the "height" of this desk, I suppose if you had a chair that was made for a dining room table or something it may not fit but I have a "computer chair" that is adjustable. When I put the chair on its lowest level I have like over 6" of clearance between the bottom of the keyboard tray and my legs. The desk looks great, the glass is high quality and tempered, to give you an idea while putting it together one of the "X" legs fell from a standing position straight onto the glass, it made a large smack when it hit but the glass didn't even have a scratch... Nice.

I am an IT professional and I am using this desk to work on multiple computers at once, I have two LCD monitors on it as well as a laptop and it feels REALLY STURDY.

For $77 (and no tax) delivered to your door you really can't beat the price, throw in moderate quality coupled with a modern design and this is THE BEST COMPUTER DESK FOR YOUR MONEY ANYWHERE! I looked at Wal-mart, Target, Bestbuy, Staples, and Shopko and this beat all of them hands down. BUY THIS DESK YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope this helps in your consideration..., January 6, 2011
I was in the market for a smaller L-shaped glass top desk and found it on Amazon $50 less than O-stock. Since I love quality reviews when considering a purchase I'll cut the long winded stream of paragraphs and hope this list form helps you with your decision AND assembly:

+ Asked for 2 day shipping - received in 2 days
+ Packing was sufficient to protect contents from an apparent drop in transport
- Styrofoam is used as padding and therefore it will get everywhere
+ All parts are labeled with small removable stickers that match the directions
+ Extra screws, bolts are enclosed 'just in case'; an allan wrench is included but you will need your own philips head screwdriver
+ The glass is solid black and not smoke aka it is not see-thru
+ The black glass is great to help hide cables and has a very sleek look
+ This top will smudge over time but you will appreciate the mirror effect =)
o If you are putting this together by yourself it may be easier to do step 2 with it laying on its side just to start off
o If you want the keyboard on the right side switch parts 2/4 with 6
- Not all the suction cups hold that well (don't worry the glass shouldn't fall regardless)
+ Despite the frame being thin the assembled desk is quite sturdy
- The case stand is pretty much worthless on carpet but at least it matches
+ This is tempered glass so if it breaks it will not shatter into sharp pieces
- There is only enough room for a standard keyboard on the tray; tray clearance to the bottom of the desk support is only 2.25" and will only pull out ~6" past the edge of the desk
o There are smaller holes on the keyboard tray (part 7) that are not necessary - hide these holes by making sure they are facing down in step 5
o If you opt to not use the keyboard tray I would suggest to still install the keyboard frame (part 4) to maximize stability (just rotate the 2 arms horizontally so they don't poke your legs)
+ I'm 5'10" and did not have any issues with my shins hitting the lower cross bar
o It may help to move the completed frame into place before installing the glass; setting up and laying out your computer lines first saves a lot of time and headaches if you plan on having this in a corner
o Total time from setting the box down to the last piece of glass installed was about 35 minutes (I've done a lot of home assemblies so it may take about an hour for a complete beginner)

I was honestly surprised because in the past I've bought particle board desks that were pieces of garbage in the same price range. Overall this was a fantastic item (and a total steal) for $100 with free shipping. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a smaller glass top corner desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Looking. Just buy this desk. Period., October 8, 2012
This is an attractive glass and relatively light steel (more likely aluminum) L-shaped desk. For $100, it is very difficult to imagine getting a more attractive desk of it's (high) quality.

UPDATE: I've had this desk since October, 2012. It's held together exceptionally well and has proven to be a great workstation. I have two 21.5 inch monitors on the left leaf (the right monitor flows over to the center), my mid-tower under the center, another mid tower on the right leaf and a printer. I use this desk to work on computers, of which I have plenty of space to do.

Pros:
+ Build quality is Very Good; it's very sturdy during construction AND Extremely Sturdy when complete.
+ Relative ease of assembly (the instructions are good, the tolerances were great - everything is tight and snug but do-able; it does require two people or a) one moderately strong person who's used to building things, b) a work surface (table or something) to lean and lay portions of the desk on, AND c) a power driver of some sort).
+ Parts (bolts, etc.) are located in clearly marked, separate, bags; there are extras!
+ Directions were clear and easy to understand.

Cons:
- CPU stand could be more functional: should have wheels, higher off the ground, a method to hang it down from the desk frame; anything to make it more worthwhile and usable. As it is, I don't - and't wont - use it.
- I would prefer the keyboard drawer to have been at least 6 inches wider and perhaps as wide as the entire leaf (which would give space for mouse and mousepad... I currently have about 4 inches of keyboard hanging off the left side of the drawer and I'm forced to use my trackball).

Notes:
= The directions for this desk were revised 02/2012, and Walker Edison seems to have been listening to their customers. Reading the comments here, and with the current set of instructions, you will have absolutely NO PROBLEMS putting this desk together.
= As one customer pointed out, the most challenging part of the assembly is the keyboard drawer: you simply have to **pay attention** to everything the directions are saying.

This desk gets thumbs up all the way around. The size is "just right" for a working professional that wants a good amount of desk space, something sturdy, attractive, classic, and functional.

Walker Edison, thank you for a hassle-free assembly. From packaging to put-up to performance, this is a pleasant piece of furniture.

Buy this desk. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, August 11, 2010
This is an excellent desk for the money. It is the perfect size "L" desk for a small space. It is very modern and sleek looking. The black glass looks much better in real life than in the photos (and it matches the rest of my decor perfectly). It is extra slick and shiny. It was very easy to put together and seems much more sturdy than another "L" desk I bought a couple of years ago. Love it! The only downside is...it's impossible to keep clean. But that's what you get with black glass lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing for the current price!, October 22, 2011
I had been planning to build my own "skeleton" desk out of oak plywood, 2x2, 2x4 and 2x6 boards (as most desks today just do not accommodate the modern computer enthusiast/gamer types with our massive demands of surface room and nooks and crannies for all the other goodies) - however, before I did that I decided to look ONE more time... and BAM! I see this. While it definitely doesn't have under-cabinets or shelving whatsoever, it has turned out to be absolutely perfect for me and my requirements.

I chose to get two (these were an early x-mas gift, so that's why I'm not a "verified" buyer) and to assemble them in a "U" configuration. All I did was to install both keyboard assemblies into the first desk and then I added the other corner support and half of the other main desk surface to it on the opposite side. It was a total breeze and I managed to do it in 3-1/2 hours completely by myself, including the unpacking phase.

That said, I did mistakenly install the keyboard tray support upside down, so the glass doesn't sit flush into it as it is supposed to (I'd read that all of the pieces with a single hole on one side should be installed with them up, and it so happens that the keyboard tray has four holes on the frames so... couldn't have been helped). Should this ever serve to be an issue later on, it will be an easy fix as I won't have to touch the desk frames to flip it over, just the slides.

This all said, I do wish that the rectangular pieces could have been just a touch wider... at least, wide enough for Walker Edison to have made the keyboard trays accommodate BOTH that and the mouse (about 30" on standard trays)... but I guess you can't get every little thing you want. It is not such a big deal to me it just would have been nice as that's what I'm used to. And, the width of the main surfaces is not an issue by themselves- I and my "executive office chair" fit perfectly within the "U", with complete range of 360-degree rotation and I only have to be partially mindful when getting in and out of here that I don't bump the glass too much (it is very secure, but only to a point).

So far I have noticed absolutely NO instability of any sort as far as "wobbling" is concerned. This thing is completely rock-solid and I expect it will remain so for a very long time. I have a 23" SyncMaster HDTV, a 17" LCD, two massive stereo speakers, a 15.4" Acer Aspire Notebook, a Set Top Box, two external hard drives, and a modem and router on top of this thing and they aren't going anywhere!

Cable management, I must warn, is a monster to tackle with an open desk like this. I very highly recommend that you search for 1/2" diameter wire looms to combat this issue and clean it up a bit (which is exactly what I'm going to do ASAP). Or, if you want to get crafty with it, drape some black cloth behind the back of it, using the suction cups as the anchor.

Also, if the lack of a shelving unit is holding you back on this desk that's an easy and cheap fix as well. Just get some shelving board and wall brackets, toss some glossy black paint onto it and tack that sucker into the wall studs which are typically 16" apart and the first of which can be located from the power sockets (this is also what I will be doing as my wall is now very bare anyway and I need to put my many disks and papers somewhere).

Bottom line: at this current price point, BUY IT!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking desk, two serious flaws, December 7, 2011
Rocky (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
There are two serious flaws. The machining of the holes for the feet was inconsistent, and for the feet of the computer carrier piece, the bolt would not go in. It will have to be re-drilled to work, and I just don't need that piece, so I got lucky. If it were the feet for the desk itself, that would have made the product unusable.
The other serious flaw is the keyboard tray is not wide enough for a standard keyboard and mouse. A standard computer keyboard occupies the entire width of the keyboard tray. I use a trackball, and I have it high up on the desk now, and have been shopping for a mouse tray that I might be able to attach to the keyboard tray to put my trackball on the same level as the keyboard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy design, July 26, 2010
Amit Shesh (Minneapolis, Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
This is a sturdy design. Assembly is easy (one-person job). The glass is a bit thin, but it appears quite sturdy. Its actually possible to make two separate desks out of this one (i.e. not using the corner piece).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy desk, holds a quad monitor stand, plus 2 laptops, June 6, 2013
This is an awesome desk for the price. Not only does it have a ton of room, I have a quad monitor stand clamped on to it and it holds it like a champ. The stand for the PC is it's own piece, which I like as it allows me to put my system anywhere and still stays off the ground. I guess the only con would be that the keyboard tray is only big enough for your keyboard so your mouse will have to be on the desk itself. All around though, a great buy and easy to assemble. I couldn't recommend it more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Try standing on your head, September 22, 2010
Walker Edison 3-Piece Contemporary Desk, Black
I received this order within the time outlined when I ordered...BONUS!
The picture and the product were close in appearance.
The quality of the materials is sturdy with nice tempered glass...BONUS!
Everything was in the box and outlined in the instructions....BONUS!

If you want to put together the keyboard tray you will get very frustrated if you have little experience with how things work! The instructions for this part of the process are overly simplified. After we stood on our heads for a while we figured this out:

1)Look over the picture very carefully to see that you must separate the rolling mechanism into 2 sections. You have to press the small plastic lever on the inside of the bar and pull apart. I couldn't figure out the pulling...my husband knew that action.

2)When you attach it to the frame for the keyboard pullout keep in mind that the rubber stop will go towards the back and the outside track piece needs to be put on the armature with it's flat side lined up against the armature. (Blood rushing to your head yet?)

3)You may have to check step by step that the pieces are working correctly as you go. Correctly means that the tray will pull out towards you when finished. (I have a headache.)

4)We found once we put it together the inside levers were oriented the same in each side of the track. So on the right side the lever has to be pushed down to release and on the left side the lever was reversed and had to be pushed up to release once it was installed. (Oh my, did I say migraine?)

5)Once we got all that figured out it installed and works great. Thank God, my husband is mechanical.

We had trouble with the longer bolts getting them to start into the holes of the long bars. We found it was best to start a bolt into each end of the bar and then remove before lining all the pieces up and attaching together.

LOOK OVER THE PICTURES CAREFULLY. Make sure you know where holes are oriented before you put things together. We mistakenly attached the corner piece wrong and didn't discover until the end when we went to put the glass top on.

Love the unit. The size is exactly the proportions we needed in the room. Very sturdy once completed and is very attractive. I did not receive extra legs or hardware as one person had mentioned in their review. Because of the understated directions on the pullout tray I will have to rate a 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Walker Edison!, February 13, 2011
Jacqueline Morgan (CENTREVILLE, VA, US) - See all my reviews
As the title says thank you Walker Edison, the desk is great, easy to assemble, looks very nice and well worth the money. The product came packaged perfectly, the glass wasn't broken or scratched and every part was there, the allen wrench that was supplied was all I needed to assemble the desk, and the directs were easy to follow. I'm 60 yrs old, female, and had this desk together in appox an 1 1/2 hrs. It holds all three of my computers nicely and I have enough room for two of the keyboards on top of the desk.

Walker Edison 3-Piece Contemporary Glass and Steel Desk, Silver