Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Black|Change

on October 15, 2010
For the price the stand is pretty nice. It is very sturdy. However, the right door sags and rubs the bottom shelf when you open and close it. I contacted Walker Edison customer service who seemed like they would be very helpful. After providing them with the required info to get replacement parts, they have stopped responding to my emails (no phone # provided).
44 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2008
Was very pleased with the actual quality and size of this TV console. Great value for the price and holds our 46 inch LCD television easily. Does not however have to much storage but we are not ones for clutter so it works great for us. My husband assembled in 15 minutes with ease and we are extremely happy with the quality for the price.
on December 31, 2012
1. It took a couple of hours to assemble, but that was expected. The construction is good enough, and you can move it without much risk. The assembly instructions are solid. They provide 3-4 tubes of glue for dowels, but you only need one. The cams work perfectly.

2. The screws to the door handles are too short. It's beyond me why companies simply buy materials and don't ensure they work. You can buy longer screws or you can do what I did..........Use a drill bit on the inside of the doors, so you can sink the screws a bit. A little depth does the trick.

3. If your receiver is taller than 6", then you can't slide it in from the front side. What a goof too, as most receivers are over 6" tall. See #5.

4. If your DVD player is too deep then that won't fit either. See #5.

5. Leave the top back panel off. This way your DVD player will fit and you can slide the receiver onto the shelf from the rear. The shelf provides approx. 8.5" of height. It's better with the panel off anyway, because your components can breathe, and there won't be excessive pressure on the wires/cables. Plus it's easier to add your wiring. You won't see the back anyway, because this stand sits low and all you'll see are your components. Your TV receiver will fit on top of your DVD player.

Speak of which, I almost glued both sides of the dowels, but chose not to, as I'd be in trouble if I had to take it apart for some reason. Good thing too, because I was able to remove the top and slide the back panel off. There's no reason to glue both sides of the dowels, and I suggest you don't.

6. The quality is decent, and it looks nice. One of the doors hangs a bit low, but you have to be looking for it. Be careful not to nic this. Scratches are nothing, because you can use a black felt pen to cover it up. Some paint was missing along the edge of one of the doors, but a black felt pen later and you can't tell the difference.

7. It's worth the money ($117) when you consider shipping is free and you're probably not paying taxes. That said, I purchased a Techcraft PTV30B from Amazon for $10 more in 2010, and the quality was much better. But this Walker has storage space underneath, which is nice.

I gave it three stars because of the screw issue, the fact that you can't slide your receiver in from the front, and there was paint missing along the door, as described above. None of these things turned out to be a problem, just a temporary inconvenience. The company needs to beef up their engineering and quality control.
on March 16, 2011
I purchased this item after reading rave reviews on the easy assembly and nice quality. After I took all the pieces out of the box I saw that the front lower shelf had a decorative lip that was prefabbed at the factory and it was completely broken off. There was nothing I can do to fix it nor make it better. I needed a new piece or a whole new unit shipped to me. I called the manufacturer and left messages, nobody ever called me back. I kept calling till I talked to someone but then only to find out that the unit was on back order and that there have been reports of the same issue from other customers. So instead of waiting to get a new one and hoping it didn't show up damaged as well I ended up returning the unit through Amazon and that worked out smoothly.
on July 23, 2013
This is solid once assembled and certainly attractive enough for a child's room, den or playroom. The finish, however, is easily damaged.

Now for the assembly: I am a small woman and put it together by myself. First gather patience and count all the parts, including the frame pieces. While putting it together I found that one piece, essentially ornamental, was not drilled properly. Customer service seems good and replacements can be ordered on line (free). Leaving that piece off, I assembled the rest with two sizes of Phillips head screwdrivers. All the hardware was present. Still waiting (next day) for the replacement piece, which I made sure is not essential to install before something else, so I'll add it when it arrives.

Suggestion: Disregard instructions that say to insert the cam locks into the holes first, as it is much easier to join parts and then insert and lock the cam locks. Apply glue sparingly, though there is plenty of it furnished. Make sure dowels are sunk into the holes fully. Also make sure the parts fit tightly together before locking the cam locks. Screws will strip easily, so be careful. Ignore the step where it says to put the top on before the cabinet doors - it's easier to install the doors before the top. The top is the heaviest part and as mentioned, the finish is easily damaged in case the cabinet needs to be laid down to do the doors, and it is easier to install the doors with the cabinet lying on the back. I used one of the foam packing pieces on the floor to protect the finish.

While it did take all day for me to assemble this, I proceeded slowly and carefully and ended up with an attractive cabinet that suits my needs quite well.
on July 24, 2013
This is a great look and sturdy enough to hold a larger flat screen TV. Fits my 42" plasma perfectly. It has great looking wood veneers and has well designed connecting pieces and hardware. Very few steps involved in the assembly. Plenty of storage for connecting hardware components such as DVD player, Wii or playstation, VHS and still has room for some DVD storage. Priced well below what Best Buy charged for the exact same stand. I laid an old blanket on our hardwood floor, opened the box and assembled it exactly where it would be used in the room. Would buy again if I needed in another room. Highly recommend.
on December 18, 2012
I bought the walker edison 44-inch tv stand for my 42-inch plasma tv. After opening the box and taking out the parts I knew I had made a good purchase. The legs were solid, the top was thick and nicely shaped, and the rest all had a very nice finish. There are lots of screws and dowels involved with this stand and it took me about 90 minutes to get it all together. Assembly was easier with a good drill/driver so I didn't have to hand-tighten all the screws. Once it was all put together I was very impressed with the weight and sturdiness of the stand. The top is the last piece to go on, and there are several dowels and posts that it fit onto, and it took just a little extra work to get all the holes to line up but it fit together the way it should. I had no problem with the doors being out of whack, mine open and shut very well. The stand has a good storage capacity for my son's PS2 and PS3, and plenty of games and controllers. It hides the clutter very well. This is a low-profile stand, and there is a nice hole in the back for cords and access underneath to plug things in and hide like a power strip. I like this stand a lot, and it looks great. Make sure your screws go in straight and aren't crooked or it could cause some panels to not align properly. I never had to make any adjustments or modifications to get this to assemble right. It's solid, not too big or bulky, and I definitely recommend it. It holds my 42 inch plasma easily and that weighs 65 pounds.
on July 28, 2011
The console arrived promptly and, although the box showed some signs of rough handling in transit, it was so well packaged that nothing was damaged. It is made of particle board with a good quality veneer and looks as pictured. Directions are clear, and all necessary parts were included. It is a nice-looking piece at a fair price. I recommended it.
on December 27, 2011
The instructions were the best I have ever worked with. They were very detailed and clearly marked.
When I went to put #17 onto its corresponding part, it went together easily but one end was longer than the other no matter what I did. I tried calling the 800# but they were only open M-F. I left my phone # anyway and asked for help.(No response weeks later) Unfortunately for me, it was Saturday and my tv was on its way along with family members willing to set it up for me. I ended up having to sand down the longer end and having a slight gap. Fortunately, it isn't noticible with the black color(not dark brown as some mentioned). The doors went on easily but one sagged. I called the 800# again and no one was there even though the days and times were what the recording listed but I left a message and # anyway(no response to that call either). I moved the magnet some and played with the door and it looks ok but not as lined up as the other one.
I called the 800# one more time with a question and still no response. From a distance, it doesn't look too bad assembled but there is no way this was once an over $300 piece of furniture as the promo stated nor is it worth the $139 I paid for it. Also, I had more than enough glue by putting the excess into the next hole rather than on a rag/paper towel. May I mention that I am a 66 yr old female and put this together by myself.
on September 3, 2009
Pretty typical for todays put-it-together furniture. The doors do not line up as well as I hoped but other than that it looks okay. Keeps the TV off the floor and holds some components and dvds. It does seem strong enough that the top won't bow.