4.0 out of 5 stars Very functional size.
Was very pleased with the actual quality and size of this TV console. Great value for the price and holds our 46 inch LCD television easily. Does not however have to much storage but we are not ones for clutter so it works great for us. My husband assembled in 15 minutes with ease and we are extremely happy with the quality for the price.
Published on December 14, 2008 by Stephanie Kindred

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Service
For the price the stand is pretty nice. It is very sturdy. However, the right door sags and rubs the bottom shelf when you open and close it. I contacted Walker Edison customer service who seemed like they would be very helpful. After providing them with the required info to get replacement parts, they have stopped responding to my emails (no phone # provided).
Published on October 15, 2010 by J

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Service, October 15, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Very functional size., December 14, 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of crap, March 16, 2011
This review is from: Walker Edison Cortez Wood TV Console, Black (Kitchen)
I purchased this item after reading rave reviews on the easy assembly and nice quality. After I took all the pieces out of the box I saw that the front lower shelf had a decorative lip that was prefabbed at the factory and it was completely broken off. There was nothing I can do to fix it nor make it better. I needed a new piece or a whole new unit shipped to me. I called the manufacturer and left messages, nobody ever called me back. I kept calling till I talked to someone but then only to find out that the unit was on back order and that there have been reports of the same issue from other customers. So instead of waiting to get a new one and hoping it didn't show up damaged as well I ended up returning the unit through Amazon and that worked out smoothly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walker Edison 44" Cortez Stand is a GOOD Product, July 13, 2010
This review is from: Walker Edison Cortez Wood TV Console, Black (Kitchen)
This stand was reasonably priced and of high quality for the price. Very solid; nicely holds my 46" LCD TV and the shelf below is perfect for my sound bar. Packed well for protection. Number of pieces in the box looks daunting at first - but Walker Edison provides an inventory list and pictured-directions that if followed, will produce an excellent end-product. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a solid, but inexpensive black TV stand. Nice dark color with black wood finish works well with black LCD TV. Many commented about the glue, so before the package even arrived, I splurged another 2 bucks and bought a brand-name wood glue from the DIY store. Don't hesitate to purchase this if the dimensions of the product are right for you!

3.0 out of 5 stars Here's the scoop on this product, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Walker Edison Cortez Wood TV Console, Black (Kitchen)
1. It took a couple of hours to assemble, but that was expected. The construction is good enough, and you can move it without much risk. The assembly instructions are solid. They provide 3-4 tubes of glue for dowels, but you only need one. The cams work perfectly.

2. The screws to the door handles are too short. It's beyond me why companies simply buy materials and don't ensure they work. You can buy longer screws or you can do what I did..........Use a drill bit on the inside of the doors, so you can sink the screws a bit. A little depth does the trick.

3. If your receiver is taller than 6", then you can't slide it in from the front side. What a goof too, as most receivers are over 6" tall. See #5.

4. If your DVD player is too deep then that won't fit either. See #5.

5. Leave the top back panel off. This way your DVD player will fit and you can slide the receiver onto the shelf from the rear. The shelf provides approx. 8.5" of height. It's better with the panel off anyway, because your components can breathe, and there won't be excessive pressure on the wires/cables. Plus it's easier to add your wiring. You won't see the back anyway, because this stand sits low and all you'll see are your components. Your TV receiver will fit on top of your DVD player.

Speak of which, I almost glued both sides of the dowels, but chose not to, as I'd be in trouble if I had to take it apart for some reason. Good thing too, because I was able to remove the top and slide the back panel off. There's no reason to glue both sides of the dowels, and I suggest you don't.

6. The quality is decent, and it looks nice. One of the doors hangs a bit low, but you have to be looking for it. Be careful not to nic this. Scratches are nothing, because you can use a black felt pen to cover it up. Some paint was missing along the edge of one of the doors, but a black felt pen later and you can't tell the difference.

7. It's worth the money ($117) when you consider shipping is free and you're probably not paying taxes. That said, I purchased a Techcraft PTV30B from Amazon for $10 more in 2010, and the quality was much better. But this Walker has storage space underneath, which is nice.

I gave it three stars because of the screw issue, the fact that you can't slide your receiver in from the front, and there was paint missing along the door, as described above. None of these things turned out to be a problem, just a temporary inconvenience. The company needs to beef up their engineering and quality control.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Product, July 28, 2011
The console arrived promptly and, although the box showed some signs of rough handling in transit, it was so well packaged that nothing was damaged. It is made of particle board with a good quality veneer and looks as pictured. Directions are clear, and all necessary parts were included. It is a nice-looking piece at a fair price. I recommended it.

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay piece of furniture, September 3, 2009
This review is from: Walker Edison Cortez Wood TV Console, Black (Kitchen)
Pretty typical for todays put-it-together furniture. The doors do not line up as well as I hoped but other than that it looks okay. Keeps the TV off the floor and holds some components and dvds. It does seem strong enough that the top won't bow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walker Edison TV stand, February 21, 2009
R. G. Bowers (Williamsport, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Walker Edison Cortez Wood TV Console, Black (Kitchen)
This is an well designed product and produces a very nice TV stand. I would not hesitate to buy another product from Walker Edison. Be sure to follow directions carefully: I had to redo some parts as I discovered I had put together backwards. The assembly certainly takes more than an hour. I spent 2 plus hours but had an excellent piece of furniture when I was finished.

RGB

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME TV CONSOLE, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Walker Edison Cortez Wood TV Console, Black (Kitchen)
I realy like the stand and have received lots of complinets on it. Make sure you have extra glue and look through the instructions before assembling, especially when you get to the back panel and top of the stand, otherwise you will have to take a few pieces apart and reassemble. I am a female and put it together myself in approx 1.5 hrs. By the way, some of the pieces are particle board but the finished piece is very stirdy and solid.

4.0 out of 5 stars good bang for the buck, July 27, 2010
This review is from: Walker Edison Cortez Wood TV Console, Black (Kitchen)
Great looking stand, but a big pain in the ass to assemble, it took me 3 hours to put together by myself. fit perfectly with my 46 inch LCD but not sure if you should go bigger than that on this stand. Over all its the best stand for the price anywhere. I personally didnt want a glass stand so this was the ideal choice and the cabinets are very roomy, they store a large library of blu-rays and accessories with no issue.

Walker Edison Cortez Wood TV Console, Black