5.0 out of 5 stars Walkers at this price, a must have
Published on April 16, 2011 by MossyOakHunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product - Weak Head Band
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:34 Mins
Love the technology of the power muffs. They cancel out the sound very well and are very comfortable. Problem with these is the headband is all plastic and is easily broken. They need to redesign and add some metal so they last.
Published on September 25, 2010 by Honest Abe

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product - Weak Head Band, September 25, 2010
Length:: 0:34 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Walkers at this price, a must have, April 16, 2011
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
Been wanting some walkers muffs for years but just could not fit it in the budget. Now that they came out with these Alpha Muffs, I had to get a pair. These did not dissapoint, love the amplification and sound activated compression. Noticed these only amplify 5 times compared to the more expensive walkers muffs at 9X and do not have adjustable frequency tuning like the expensive ones but since I have never used the other ones in the field, these were more than I had ever expected and for the price, I was amazed. cant wait to save up and buy a set of game ears. Thanks Bob Walker for making me hear better and be a better hunter. Will need to buy my son a pair when he gets old enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars not real power muffs, September 28, 2010
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
Don't be duped into believing these are real Power Muffs. They are Alpha Power Muffs, less quality. Mine have so much "white noise" that it is impossible to use any but the lowest volume. After using these muffs for less than a week, one side is crackling and making all kinds of noise. I cannot recommend these. They will be going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product/even better price, April 17, 2011
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
Bought one of these because a buddy of mine recommended walker muffs to me and I didn't want to spend a fortune. I was impressed with the quality of the muffs and they worked great. The sound quality was much better than I could have asked for such an economical price. I have had no problems wiith the muffs and I have recommended them to family and friends. A+ product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Muffs. Stereo sound. Does not like rechargeable NiMH batteries., September 19, 2014
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
I bought 3 of these units from another vendor for $20 each (Refurbished) for my family to use this dove season. Everyone really likes them. They are comfortable. They do a decent job of blocking out sound, but not to the point that you can't here anything. The independently controlled mics are a real improvement over the mic system in the Howard Leight R-01526 muffs I bought in 2012. With the Howard Leight R-01526 muff you can hear sound, but you can't tell which direction it is coming from, but with these Walkers, you can tell the general direction a noise is coming from kind of like stereo speakers. It is not as good a normal hearing, but you can definitely tell if a sound is coming from the right or the left of you.

These have pretty good amplification too. My wife was talking with our daughter on the cell phone and I could clearly hear what my daughter was saying to my wife from 10 feet away with the volume all the way up.

For the price I paid, I can't really complain, but there is one thing that I have found out that I wish I knew before I bought them. These things are very voltage sensitive and work best with alkaline batteries. They will work with rechargeable NiMH batteries, but you will not get much sound amplification out of them. The reason for this is that alkaline batteries that are fully charged are rated at 1.5 volts and NiMH batteries that are fully charged are rated at 1.2 Volt. 2 X 1.5V = 3.0 Volts (Alkaline) and 2 X 1.2V = 2.4 Volts (NiMH). For maximum amplification these muffs require a full 3.0 Volts of DC power. I put two fully charged rechargeable NiMh batteries in it and cranked the volume all the way up and got very little sound amplification. I have not bought alkaline batteries for years because I only use rechargeable NiMH batteries. This need for alkaline batteries is one thing I really don't like about these muffs, but it really is not a defect, so I did not take away a star for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for the $$$, But not without their problems!!, June 18, 2011
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
I have a older pair of Remington R2000 Electronic Ear Muffs I was using for about 10 years now and have been very happy with them (they compress the sound rather than chop it). But 10 years is a long time and they've developed some problems.

Remington changed who makes their earmuffs and the newer models are not as good and the price hadn't changed at all. So when looking to replace them I tried the cheap Guide Gear® Stereo Hearing Protection muffs, but they chop the sound rather than compress it and I found that it drives me NUTS (though they worked great otherwise). I ended up going with the economy Walker's Power Muff Alpha earmuffs (not to be confused with their more expensive models).

They are a great value for the price (I paid less than $30 delivered last October for them) and they compress the sound rather than chop the sound, which is VERY important for me and is a feature that I was only able to find on more expensive earmuffs costing 3x as much or more. They aren't as clear sounding as the R2000s used to be and have more hiss, but I've not had any problems hearing things or understanding things while wearing them. And unlike the R2000s, which uses two non-standard type N batteries, the Alpha uses two standard AAA batteries.

The headband broke on me that last time I used them, about 2 weeks ago! I ended up wearing the R2000s for the day. I called Walker's the next day and they said they'd get a new headband out to me in a week or so as some were due in.

I received the new headband today and was able to install the two ear pieces easily enough. The new band is much more flexible than the old one and didn't break when slightly overstressed like the old one did when placing them on my head.

These are a great deal in electronic earmuffs and Walker certainly came through with after sale support. Will these last me another 10 years? I doubt it, but we'll see!! I keep the older Remington R2000 around as a spare and a loaner. I'm much more confident they'll last with this replacement headband though.

Update Oct 10, 2011 - I've used them quite a few times with the replacement headband with no problems. I recently wore them for a 2-day pistol training course at Front Sight and had no problems understanding range commands and stuff. In fact I kept forgetting to take them off after the range exercises when we would come back to the chairs for the next part of the class! I was so happy and impressed with how they worked that I took advantage of an offer from Walker's to buy a set of Power Muff Quads for ~$72 delivered. I had loaned the Guide Gear headset I mentioned above to a friend who attended the course with me and they started acting up before we even left, and then failed entirely the first morning. He ended up finishing the course using my R2000s (also mentioned above). He agreed that they needed replacing, but they worked well enough for a day and a half! He'll likely end up with the Alpha's and then we won't need to worry about it when we go back for the 4 day course next spring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hearing protection!, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
I had an earlier version of this product and it has served me well for many years. I purchased this for my oldest child now that they are starting to go with me to practice and hunt. This item is works great and I would recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved these muffs, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
I used these at the range a few times and was at first a little skeptical that it could amplify regular sound and muffle loud one, but it really works.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
I started out very much liking this product and recommended it to hunting friends. Not any more. I used them for deer and turkey hunting, both for accentuated hearing of movements, and for hearing protection when I fired a round.
On windy days, the amplified audio is absolutely annoying and wears you out. Might as well turn it off.
In just over one year's time I had used the Walker Alpha Muffs for a total of 20 hours before the amplification went out on the left side. Had brand new batteries in, so I knew it couldn't be that.
I emailed the company and asked, "...is 20 hours the normal life expectancy or did I get a lemon?"
I've waited a month for a reply from Walker before posting this review. No reply from Walker so far.
So, in short, customer service sucks and the product is inferior. I will go back to disposable ear plugs at 75 cents a pair.
EDIT: Over 2 months and still no reply from Walker's customer service department.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walker, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs (Sports)
Great product love it husband was glad to receive it for Christmas and loved the glasses with it and with the case

Walker's Game Alpha Power Muffs