5.0 out of 5 stars Walker's Game Quad Earmuffs black

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on September 14, 2010 by Giovanni

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 14, 2010
Giovanni (Bemidji, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Item arrived in a timely manner but.... There is a constant low hissing in the background. This Game Ear did not shut down loud noises when required, for example when target practicing. Read the troubleshooting suggestions, replaced battery, this did not remedy concern. The literature, manual for the Walker Game Ear consisted of a sheet of paper, not much help. I am in the processing of returning the item to Amazon. This is the first time I have not been happy with an item through Amazon and I have purchased many items over the years and have always had great quality and service. Hopefully this is a fluke.

2.0 out of 5 stars buy another brand, September 21, 2010
This review is from: Walker's Game Ear Power Muff Electric Quads with AFT (Sports)
Some of the other reviewers said that their headbands broke soon after receiving the product. I thought maybe they bent them too far, but my own also broke with very gentle use, after only using the product a few times. Rather than send them back to be replaced with another headband that would also break, I bent a piece of aluminum bar stock to fit over the break (splint), and used ty-wraps to pull it all together. It looks bad, but it works. Even the cheap set from Sportsmans Guide is built much better. I'm amazed that these cost so much and are so poorly built.

1.0 out of 5 stars Walker game ear muffs - poor quality, poor warranty, November 22, 2011
I've owned one pair of these muffs and do not recommend them at all. Do not buy them! In my case I hunt in the cold and like to walk around a lot. The heat/sweat from my exertions causes high humidity around the muffs and the unprotected circuit boards inside the muffs stop working until being dried out. I do not mean that the boards inside are trying to operate wet. Just trying to operate in a non-condensing humid environment makes them stop working. A very poor design.

In addition, beware that the warranty on these muffs is only 90 days! Such a short warranty on a product that retails over $200 suggests the manufacturer knows very well that they have a problem with quality control or design and are trying to limit their financial exposure. Walker should redesign this poorly engineered and poorly built product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walker's Game Quad Earmuffs black, January 9, 2009
MissippiDD (Mantachie, MS) - See all my reviews
Highly recommend this product to all deer and turkey hunters. I had this product for one month at the time of this review and was able to kill a nice buck and a doe which would have slipped past me if it wasn't for the electronic ears. Fairly comfortable to wear, easy to adjust volume and change out batteries. By wearing them, you think the woods are extremely noisy, but once you take them off, it's amazing how quite everything is to the natural ear. Wear them when you are stalking, and you realize just how much noise you actually make. guaranty you will sit a whole lot stiller, and won't make near amount of noise yourself with these on.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't purchase these muffs, July 28, 2013
Well, well....I see I am not the only person ripped off by Walker's Game Ear Inc. I purchased these Walker's Power Muff Quads (Serial # AM06-16857)from Gamaliel Shooting Supply on 9/7/2007 for $189.00 (I've got the original invoice). Soon after I purchased them, the left channel started ringing. I called Walker's in Grand Prairie, Texas and spoke to them about it and they told the ringing was normal. I continued to use them even with the ringing in the left channel but soon after that, the plastic U-bracket cracked (split) for no apparent reason (after spending $189.00 I always treated these muff's tenderly). I called Walker's one again and spoke to Dan and Misty. They told me to return the muffs and gave me an RA number. I received a letter back from Misty Koffel stating that there was no repair program for these muffs but instead Walkers was offering a trade-in program....I pay $69.95 and they will replace with a set of "factory reconditioned muffs). I objected to this policy stating that the muffs were defective because the plastic bracket cracked and I did not think I should have to pay $69.95 for a set of muffs that never worked properly. They replaced the plastic brackets with a set labeled "Walker's Alpha Muffs" and returned them to me (at my cost). Soon after that the left channel went out completely. I called them again and was told they were no longer covered under warranty and there was no repair available for these muffs even for a price.

I immediately purchased a set of Peltor Tactical electronic muffs and they have worked flawlessly ever since. I've recently added a set of Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs by Honeywell and they work flawlessly as well.

I heard the Walker company, muffs and associated Game Ear products, was started by a hunter and he made a lot of money. Good for him but this is clearly not a professionally run company like Peltor (3M) and Howard Leight (Honeywell). I warn everyone to stay away from them and would love to find out the history of their defective products over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars seems to do all that it claims. Ear hole is large enough to be comfortable, sound reduction good, ampification good., November 25, 2012
everything is good, sound reduction, sound ampification, comfortable fit. does not interfere with shouldering gun, keeps ears warm in cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hearing enhancement and protection, April 22, 2009
I have used these for hunting and for doing yard work with gas powered devices. These are great. I had a friend try them when turkey hunting and he was impressed. I also like that I can determine where a sound is coming from with these. I set mine on high freq with the control for game hunting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Walkers Game Ear is a LOUSY Company with an even Lousier Product., December 30, 2013
Arjuna (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
Their product is garbage. Their Support is non-existent. Their Warranty is useless and if you do use it they will pull a Bait & Switch on you, costing you money for an issue for which they are to blame.

Actually, Walker Game Ear began as a legitimate company with scruples that made a decent product. Greed and the dreaded Chinese factory disease that seems to have infected much of American manufacturing has reduced them to a total scam.

The quality of the materials and the electronics resembles more a toy from the dollar store than an expensive electronic device, for which you are paying dearly.

I have a Walker Game Ear that I bought maybe 16 years ago, which still works great and has never broken. This was when they made them in the USA and actually used half-decent materials. They also cost a fraction of many of the current models, which sound awful and easily break even with delicate use.

My advice to all is to steer clear of anything this company makes unless taking a match to your hard-earned cash is a favorite pastime of yours. I am not sure why someone would take a company with such enormous potential and brand recognition and drive it into the ground like this.

1.0 out of 5 stars expensive junk..., May 4, 2013
i bought these just over a year ago. they started out working fine then they developed a hissy noise that just keeps getting worst. the noise isolaton claimed by the manufacture is false, they are much to flimsy to keep noise out. i have gone through at least 20 sets of batterys since i bought this product, dont leave the batterys in them when not in use the headset will drain them dead. when trying to contact the manufacture you get the run-around. they dont want to help. Don't buy these.. you'll be sorry...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, February 26, 2013
This product works very well, it picks up sounds very well and muffles muzzle blasts extremely well. I will enjoy it very much.

Walker's Game Ear Power Muff Electric Quads with AFT (Black)
Used & New from: $140.00