Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 22, 2011
I've owned one pair of these muffs and do not recommend them at all. Do not buy them! In my case I hunt in the cold and like to walk around a lot. The heat/sweat from my exertions causes high humidity around the muffs and the unprotected circuit boards inside the muffs stop working until being dried out. I do not mean that the boards inside are trying to operate wet. Just trying to operate in a non-condensing humid environment makes them stop working. A very poor design.

In addition, beware that the warranty on these muffs is only 90 days! Such a short warranty on a product that retails over $200 suggests the manufacturer knows very well that they have a problem with quality control or design and are trying to limit their financial exposure. Walker should redesign this poorly engineered and poorly built product.
on September 14, 2010
Item arrived in a timely manner but.... There is a constant low hissing in the background. This Game Ear did not shut down loud noises when required, for example when target practicing. Read the troubleshooting suggestions, replaced battery, this did not remedy concern. The literature, manual for the Walker Game Ear consisted of a sheet of paper, not much help. I am in the processing of returning the item to Amazon. This is the first time I have not been happy with an item through Amazon and I have purchased many items over the years and have always had great quality and service. Hopefully this is a fluke.
on July 28, 2013
Well, well....I see I am not the only person ripped off by Walker's Game Ear Inc. I purchased these Walker's Power Muff Quads (Serial # AM06-16857)from Gamaliel Shooting Supply on 9/7/2007 for $189.00 (I've got the original invoice). Soon after I purchased them, the left channel started ringing. I called Walker's in Grand Prairie, Texas and spoke to them about it and they told the ringing was normal. I continued to use them even with the ringing in the left channel but soon after that, the plastic U-bracket cracked (split) for no apparent reason (after spending $189.00 I always treated these muff's tenderly). I called Walker's one again and spoke to Dan and Misty. They told me to return the muffs and gave me an RA number. I received a letter back from Misty Koffel stating that there was no repair program for these muffs but instead Walkers was offering a trade-in program....I pay $69.95 and they will replace with a set of "factory reconditioned muffs). I objected to this policy stating that the muffs were defective because the plastic bracket cracked and I did not think I should have to pay $69.95 for a set of muffs that never worked properly. They replaced the plastic brackets with a set labeled "Walker's Alpha Muffs" and returned them to me (at my cost). Soon after that the left channel went out completely. I called them again and was told they were no longer covered under warranty and there was no repair available for these muffs even for a price.

I immediately purchased a set of Peltor Tactical electronic muffs and they have worked flawlessly ever since. I've recently added a set of Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs by Honeywell and they work flawlessly as well.

I heard the Walker company, muffs and associated Game Ear products, was started by a hunter and he made a lot of money. Good for him but this is clearly not a professionally run company like Peltor (3M) and Howard Leight (Honeywell). I warn everyone to stay away from them and would love to find out the history of their defective products over the years.
on September 21, 2010
Some of the other reviewers said that their headbands broke soon after receiving the product. I thought maybe they bent them too far, but my own also broke with very gentle use, after only using the product a few times. Rather than send them back to be replaced with another headband that would also break, I bent a piece of aluminum bar stock to fit over the break (splint), and used ty-wraps to pull it all together. It looks bad, but it works. Even the cheap set from Sportsmans Guide is built much better. I'm amazed that these cost so much and are so poorly built.
on December 30, 2013
Their product is garbage. Their Support is non-existent. Their Warranty is useless and if you do use it they will pull a Bait & Switch on you, costing you money for an issue for which they are to blame.

Actually, Walker Game Ear began as a legitimate company with scruples that made a decent product. Greed and the dreaded Chinese factory disease that seems to have infected much of American manufacturing has reduced them to a total scam.

The quality of the materials and the electronics resembles more a toy from the dollar store than an expensive electronic device, for which you are paying dearly.

I have a Walker Game Ear that I bought maybe 16 years ago, which still works great and has never broken. This was when they made them in the USA and actually used half-decent materials. They also cost a fraction of many of the current models, which sound awful and easily break even with delicate use.

My advice to all is to steer clear of anything this company makes unless taking a match to your hard-earned cash is a favorite pastime of yours. I am not sure why someone would take a company with such enormous potential and brand recognition and drive it into the ground like this.
on January 9, 2009
Highly recommend this product to all deer and turkey hunters. I had this product for one month at the time of this review and was able to kill a nice buck and a doe which would have slipped past me if it wasn't for the electronic ears. Fairly comfortable to wear, easy to adjust volume and change out batteries. By wearing them, you think the woods are extremely noisy, but once you take them off, it's amazing how quite everything is to the natural ear. Wear them when you are stalking, and you realize just how much noise you actually make. guaranty you will sit a whole lot stiller, and won't make near amount of noise yourself with these on.
on February 21, 2013
I bought this years ago without doing much research. You can find amplifying headsets for a small fraction of what these cost. These take a weird battery (but that battery is gaining popularity), that drains quick and falls out of the housing often. Not worth the money.
on November 21, 2014
You can hear all you need to and the wind doesn't bother you. They are a little tight for my big head but all I had to do was remove them once in a while to give my ears a break. You can't go wrong with these.
on December 26, 2015
I'm disappointed in Walker and their Muffs. I purchased 2 pair and shortly after I purchased them a headband broke in half when I spread them apart to put them on. Walker talked me out of returning them and said there had been a bad batch of headbands. They gave me 4 headband to replace the broken one. After several years of repeated incidents, I have used up the extra headbands. Ii is not like I use them very often - only a couple times a year. I wrote Walker and got no response. I suppose my 2 year warranty is up. I should have been suspicious when they gave me 4 replacements.
on December 19, 2011
I own a pair of these and they lasted two hunts.

Upon closer examination of the units, I find them to be very cheaply built and certainly not worth the asking price. An example - look around and you will find a lesser version of these same manufactuer's muffs, with two microphones and no tone control, for $29 (including free shipping) as a manufacturers refurb. This shows what the price and quality of these designs really are.

Upon having my muffs fail, calling customer service was of little help. Send them back, pay us $79 (not including shipping) and we'll send you another pair. Yeah - thanks. I'll bet you make money on that deal.

Don't waste your money on these! I suggest you buy from a different manufacturer.

See 1 answered question