5.0 out of 5 stars my absolute favorite cookies
I am Canadian and live in the States and these cookies were a staple in our house as my father was Scottish. I could never find shortbread cookies (Walkers) down here in the store except at Christmas time. When I found them on the Amazon website I bought 6 boxes and I am not sharing them with anyone. They are so good and they are mine all mine.
Published on March 5, 2010 by Debra A. Perme

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Ok
There ok, but nothing special. Crunchy, not very sweet and not much flavor. Maybe this is what shortbread is supposed to taste like. But not very impressed.
Published 12 months ago by George Guinn

5.0 out of 5 stars my absolute favorite cookies, March 5, 2010
This review is from: Walkers Shortbread Assorted, 8.8 oz. Boxes, 6 Count (Grocery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect with tea, coffee, milk, port or scotch whiskey, December 2, 2011
zhabazon (Washington DC area) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Today is 12/2/11. My order of Walkers Shortbread Assorted, 8.8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) arrived yesterday and the BEST BEFORE date is END MAR 2013. Perfect! Plenty of time to share and consume these delectable treats from Scotland, the producer of my favorite whiskeys. Although the Amazon description states that this package includes, "Shortbread in five distinct shapes," the cookies are actually in three shapes. Included in each box are 4 rounds, 6 triangles, and 8 of the traditional fingers, totaling 18 cookies. They are fresh, golden, attractive to the eye and satisfying to the tastebuds. It's quite interesting that the boxes list the ingredients in many languages, but English is not included. They are made of wheat flour, butter (33%), sugar and salt. Walkers shortbread makes a gift that would likely be appreciated by any person who enjoys buttery confections that are slightly sweet who is not allergic to milk, wheat, gluten or nuts, is not vegan and has either teeth or rigid gums for chewing. The biscuits which are about 1/2 inch thick soften when wet, so a full set of teeth is not required.

When in a crunch for entertaining purposes, I've dipped the shortbread halfway into microwave melted bittersweet chocolate and then into chopped toasted pecans. There's no need to limit yourself to a plain shortbread when you can create a desert worthy of oohs and aahs in a matter of minutes. We love Walkers shortbread and are pleased to have purchased them from Amazon in a box of 6 packages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walker's Shortbread is too good, May 9, 2010
JBB "JBB" (Medina, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
I first got acquainted with Walkers Shortbread during my first travels to England about 40 years ago. They were addictive then and even better now. Unfortunately, they are really too good and the temptation to eat more than one is a battle I have to fight every day. If you have never had the chance to eat Walkers Shortbread, now is the time to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them, January 2, 2013
These are the best shortbread cookies I've tried that come from a box. They taste fresh and are not overly sweet. The cookies come in three shapes and are packed in a pretty box. Love them with coffee, tea or milk or tea. The shortbread cookies can be enjoyed just plain or topped with strawberry preserves, banana slices, peanut butter, and more. The expiration date was more than 12 months away - not that these will last long in my house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish Boxes Were Bigger, But Otherwise Great Gift, December 6, 2013
I love Walkers: I bought my first pack at the airport when I arrived in Scotland for my semester abroad and quickly became my new study snack of choice. Biting into Walkers shortbread brings me back to my time in Scotland and I love giving this out as casual gifts/handouts/stocking stuffers because I feel like I am sharing my cherished Scottish memories.

Pros:
* Each box has the variety I was looking for: You receive all three of the most popular Walker's shortbread shapes: Rounds (discs), Fingers (sticks), and Petticoat Tails (Rounded Triangles)
* Packaging is decent: Typical Walkers. Unless you want to conceal the item, you do not need to wrap these. A simple bow dresses these up well.
* The packages are weighty: You are giving over half a pound of delicious goodness.
* Walkers, while popular here in the States, is authentic Scottish Shortbread. I find this important for more difficult-to-please recipients: I am giving a piece of Scotland, not just the piece of something I found in the candy isle of my local drugstore.
Cons:
* Outer box: The six packages are packed together in a very plain brown box. If you planned on gifting all 6, this is not very presentable... And if you planned on keeping this box in your pantry, it does not stand out on the shelf. More than likely, you are buying these to give out [or store] individually, so THIS IS MOST LIKELY NOT AN ISSUE for most.
* Box Size: I was expecting a larger box. These seemed fairly small. The weight is decent, but the box size does not make it look impressive at all. I know shortbread is obviously more dense than, say, chocolates, so over half a pound of shortbread is not going to require the same sort of box size. However...I would have appreciated if Walkers packaged these differently, so they were not packed so tightly (and therefore in larger boxes). HOWEVER, if you are looking for a stocking stuffer, these will fit in larger stockings!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard (dare I say IMPOSSIBLE???) to eat just one, December 11, 2012
I love these things. Buttery goodness, no artificial flavors or additives. I TRY to eat just one...of each shape...at a time and rarely succeed. Try them, you'll love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars My FAVORITE shortbread cookies ..., December 4, 2011
L. Mountford (Bellingham, WA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
These are almost too good: buttery, not *too* sweet, perfect with almost any beverage. Like another reviewer, I often "fancy these up" by dipping in melted semisweet chocolate and dusting with chopped nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, etc.) or crushed Heath bars. I've made shortbread myself, but why go to the trouble when I can get excellent ready-made? Really exceptional stuff ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Shortbread, May 8, 2014
Walkers makes shortbread that tastes like shortbread should taste...rich and buttery. If you like cookies with loads of chocolate chips in them or nuts or sprinkles or icing on top, then you might not enjoy plain old shortbread (as if there were such a thing!) as much. But for those of us who like more old-fashioned type cookies, this is just the thing if you don't want to bother with making shortbread yourself. Not that making shortbread is difficult by any means, but sometimes you just don't have time or want to give it as a gift.

I've put packages of this shortbread into a basket along with Scottish Breakfast Tea, clotted cream, scone mixes, and lemon curd. People absolutely love it! I've also put these cookies out on a plate during parties for the holidays and, even though they are uniform in color, they look great--especially if you put a small decoration that includes holiday colored plaid in the middle.

Best store-bought shortbread available. Hand's down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort food at it's finest - rich and buttery - YUM, January 6, 2014
I picked these up a a daily deal - added the coupon and received them for a really good price.

I worked with a lady from Britian who would bring these to me in a tin when she came back from a visit - love at first bite. I try to get these for presents every Christmas. A good cup of cappucino, two of these cookies and you are good to go.

These are the perfect size - anywhere from 3 to 5 bites of goodness. they are fairly thick and do not fall apart when you take a bite. Great for dipping/dunking.

You will not be disappointed if you are a true shortbread lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly addictive!, December 9, 2013
I did "not" do my homework as I thought that these were cookies and not shortbread. I ate one and was not satisfied. However, I left the box opened on the kitchen table and was dismayed when I found out that Amazon does not accept returns on food. I ate another one and then another one. I have a house guest for the weekend and he and I polished off two boxes although I bought these to give out as token gifts for co-workers. I do not think that the shortbread will make it out of my house unless I order six more boxes as I plan to eat the ones that I have. If you are a weight watcher do not order these cookies. They are full of fat (butter) and sugar. I am tall and thin and can afford to splurge on the shortbread. I walk five miles everyday. However, I usually have the will power not to over indulge. These shortbread cookies are the absolute bomb and may very well be the best cookie that I have ever tasted. When I tell you they are delicious they are. Very delicious. Currently the six pack is 20% off which is a good deal. I am going to stop talking about them before I end up ordering more.