Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Fingers|Size: Pack of 2|Change

on October 16, 2011
I'm writing about the single serving convenience packs, offered in a 24-count case, Walkers Shortbread Fingers, 2-Count Cookies Packages (Pack of 24), which are also available with Subscribe and Save. They're amazing! Here's why:

1 Yes, as everyone says, these Walker cookies are exceptional. You may think it's all just buzz, but if you haven't tried them, don't judge us as silly until you do (!).

2 But what happens if you open a box -- you finish it, right! BAD. These little suckers aren't the greatest thing for you, to put it mildly.

3 Answer: single serving packaging!! It really works. My husband is addicted to these cookies. I'd always have a box on hand in case of unexpected guests -- at least, I'd think I had one, but the box would usually have disappeared unexpectedly whenever I went to look for it. True confessions: I love them too and was occasionally looking to sneak some for myself! So having them around just in case was a bad, BAD idea. But a case of 24 packs of 2 cookies per package is ideal. Two seems to satisfy my husband's craving -- he almost never takes more than one packet. And I open a packet occasionally and make 2 cookies last 2 days, instead of a whole box lasting almost forever and my worrying that they'd go stale or attract ants.

Bonus: they're easily packable! When my husband's expecting an exceptionally tough day at work, I'll usually sneak a pack into his lunch if he hasn't already appropriated one for himself.

And when he's especially wiped out at the end of an unusually demanding day, a pack of these really seems to perk him up and help him muster strength for tomorrow. He brings it upstairs while he's watching TV and waits a while before opening the bag and savoring his treasure. Whether for lunch or after dinner, the gleam in his eye as he talks about how wonderful it is to have a treat when he's so stressed means a lot to me, especially when I know he's only eating in moderation instead of wolfing down ten or twenty servings at a time. The case of 24 has lasted us 3 months already -- a pleasant surprise, given that there are 2 addicts in the house. : So our portion-control strategy is working!!!

And yes, when we had guests who chose after-dinner tea, these were just the right thing to bring out with it, and I didn't mind opening multiple packs at once and putting the cookies together on 1 plate for serving, knowing that I wasn't either spoiling an entire box, or promoting too rapid consumption of it, just by providing our guests with a few.

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
on December 13, 2010
I purchased these with the idea they would go into Christmas sacks and stockings.
Then my husband and I ate them all and it is two weeks BEFORE Christmas. They should come with a warning from the Surgeon General "Addictive and proven to add inches to your waistline".

Walker's shortbread is reknown for its rich buttery taste, add some chocolate chips and what could possibility go wrong? Nothing that my husband and I could find and believe me we did a thorough examination.

We have NEVER had a better "pre-fab" chocolate chip cookie in our lives. Just check our bathroom scales if you don't believe me!

YUMMY!
on July 6, 2012
These are delicious cookies, of course. Rich and buttery. I like the convenience of this packaging: 2 cookies at 100 calories per cookie. I keep trying to eat just ONE at a time, but the are SO good, that I usually eat both of them. At least I'm not eating a whole BOX. I have this on auto deliver so I have a few high quality cookies on hand for myself or guests. Sometimes I'm willing to pay for for good packaging and this is one of those times.
on May 5, 2013
Walkers Shortbread Highlanders cookies are delicious: buttery, tender, crunchy, melt in your mouth delicious. I love that they are far less sweet than the average store bought cookie and made of only four ingredients: wheat flour, butter, sugar and salt. I love that little bit of sugar around the edge, so yummy to lick off. The only problem with these addictive morsels is that a serving is a single cookie and there are two in a package. I can never leave that extra cookie all alone and lonesome in the package. It practically leaps into my mouth and BAM! my diet is off the rails again.

Nutrition facts (sneakily hidden beneath the fold on the back of the package)
serving size 1/2 pack (20g) servings 2

dietary fiber 0g
sugars 5g
protein 1g
on November 29, 2011
I am sure I am the only one with this problem, but I have a tendency to eat to many of these darn things. The packaging of these really helps with this problem. As long as you do not open more than 1 package then these are the perfect serving / snack size.
on December 14, 2012
A very heavy cookie, and very good! The only thing that these cookies lack is a cold glass of milk.
I think that I will go have another cookie now, bye
on September 9, 2012
These Walker's Shortbread Fingers in single serving packs of two are fabulous!! Here's why:

1) Yes, as everyone says, these Walker cookies are exceptional. You may think it's all just buzz, but if you haven't tried them, don't judge us as silly until you do (!).

2) But what happens if you open a box -- you finish it, right! BAD. These little suckers aren't the greatest thing for you, to put it mildly.

3) Answer: single serving packaging!! It really works. My husband is addicted to these cookies. I'd always have a box on hand in case of unexpected guests -- at least, I'd think I had one, but the box would usually have disappeared unexpectedly whenever I went to look for it. True confessions: I love them too and was occasionally looking to sneak some for myself! So having them around just in case was a bad, BAD idea. But a case full of packs with 2 cookies each is ideal. Two seems to satisfy my husband's craving -- he almost never takes more than one packet. And I open a packet occasionally and make 2 cookies last 2 days, instead of a whole box lasting almost forever and my worrying that they'd go stale or attract ants.

And when he's especially wiped out at the end of an unusually demanding day, a pack of these really seems to perk him up and help him muster strength for tomorrow. He brings it upstairs while he's watching TV and waits a while before opening the bag and savoring his treasure. Whether for lunch or after dinner, the gleam in his eye as he talks about how wonderful it is to have a treat when he's so stressed means a lot to me, especially when I know he's only eating in moderation instead of wolfing down ten or twenty servings at a time. A case of 24 2-packs (that's how many were in our case in the product Walkers Shortbread Fingers, 2-Count Cookies Packages (Pack of 24), although this one here has 12 2-packs) has lasted us 3 months already -- a pleasant surprise, given that there are 2 addicts in the house. : So our portion-control strategy is working!!!

[I wish two other treasures came in single-serving packets: LU Herbes De Provence Flatbread Crackers, 4.25-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) and Mary's Gone Crackers, Caraway, 6.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)!!]

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!!
on October 8, 2013
This is my second order, in a row, of Walkers Shortbread Fingers, that most of the packages contained broken cookies. There was the plastic air filled "pillows", on both orders, only on the top, no cushioning on the bottom of the cookie box.
The cookies were edible, but have ordered this product a number of times before, with no breakage!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 20, 2015
As a tea drinker, I always keep Walkers Shortbread in my pantry. Simple recipe and wonderful buttery taste, a couple of these sticks are a perfect accompaniment to an afternoon break.

NOTE: many reviews here say that these are packaged 2 to a portion pack, which is apparently NOT consistently the case. I purchased this box through Prime Pantry, and it contains a single "sleeve" containing all 8 cookies together (once opened, you will need to repackage the rest---or eat them all!).
review image
on June 30, 2011
These shortbreads were very delicious and goes great with coffee. They come in a perfectly sized box that would make a great gift for any occassion. My room mate's mom was visiting from out of town and tried one of the shortbreads. She immediately fell in love and asked me if she could buy them from me. I only had a few packs myself, but ofcourse I just gave them to her. But thats alright, I went ahead and ordered another right away!