5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient packaging
Published on July 6, 2012 by Ruby Ellen

2.0 out of 5 stars wrapped cookie
I have been getting this item with subscribe & save over a year now for my grandmother. She loves them & they fact they are indv. wrapped. The price has more than doubled in the past year. This past weekend I went to bjs & seen a similar item ( same brand) also indv wrapped for only 4.99 so I would suggest stock up elsewhere amazon price is way too high .
Published 17 months ago by klf76

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient packaging, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Walkers Shortbread Fingers, (12 x 1 oz Twinpacks), Pack of 2 (Grocery)
These are delicious cookies, of course. Rich and buttery. I like the convenience of this packaging: 2 cookies at 100 calories per cookie. I keep trying to eat just ONE at a time, but the are SO good, that I usually eat both of them. At least I'm not eating a whole BOX. I have this on auto deliver so I have a few high quality cookies on hand for myself or guests. Sometimes I'm willing to pay for for good packaging and this is one of those times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient, November 29, 2011
I am sure I am the only one with this problem, but I have a tendency to eat to many of these darn things. The packaging of these really helps with this problem. As long as you do not open more than 1 package then these are the perfect serving / snack size.

5.0 out of 5 stars convenience packs ROCK! :), September 9, 2012
Chris S. (south central U.S.) - See all my reviews
These Walker's Shortbread Fingers in single serving packs of two are fabulous!! Here's why:

1) Yes, as everyone says, these Walker cookies are exceptional. You may think it's all just buzz, but if you haven't tried them, don't judge us as silly until you do (!).

2) But what happens if you open a box -- you finish it, right! BAD. These little suckers aren't the greatest thing for you, to put it mildly.

3) Answer: single serving packaging!! It really works. My husband is addicted to these cookies. I'd always have a box on hand in case of unexpected guests -- at least, I'd think I had one, but the box would usually have disappeared unexpectedly whenever I went to look for it. True confessions: I love them too and was occasionally looking to sneak some for myself! So having them around just in case was a bad, BAD idea. But a case full of packs with 2 cookies each is ideal. Two seems to satisfy my husband's craving -- he almost never takes more than one packet. And I open a packet occasionally and make 2 cookies last 2 days, instead of a whole box lasting almost forever and my worrying that they'd go stale or attract ants.

Bonus: they're easily packable! When my husband's expecting an exceptionally tough day at work, I'll usually sneak a pack into his lunch if he hasn't already appropriated one for himself.

And when he's especially wiped out at the end of an unusually demanding day, a pack of these really seems to perk him up and help him muster strength for tomorrow. He brings it upstairs while he's watching TV and waits a while before opening the bag and savoring his treasure. Whether for lunch or after dinner, the gleam in his eye as he talks about how wonderful it is to have a treat when he's so stressed means a lot to me, especially when I know he's only eating in moderation instead of wolfing down ten or twenty servings at a time. A case of 24 2-packs (that's how many were in our case in the product Walkers Shortbread Fingers, 2-Count Cookies Packages (Pack of 24), although this one here has 12 2-packs) has lasted us 3 months already -- a pleasant surprise, given that there are 2 addicts in the house. : So our portion-control strategy is working!!!

And yes, when we had guests who chose after-dinner tea, these were just the right thing to bring out with it, and I didn't mind opening multiple packs at once and putting the cookies together on 1 plate for serving, knowing that I wasn't either spoiling an entire box, or promoting too rapid consumption of it, just by providing our guests with a few.

[I wish two other treasures came in single-serving packets: LU Herbes De Provence Flatbread Crackers, 4.25-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) and Mary's Gone Crackers, Caraway, 6.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)!!]

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!!

2.0 out of 5 stars wrapped cookie, July 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply DELICIOUS!!, January 27, 2011
WARezDOG (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
For those of you that have never had real shortbread or cheap shortbread then you MUST try Walkers! They make the BEST shortbread you'll ever eat! I bought a couple bulk packs since the price was so good, they make a great afternoon snack to tide you over for dinner. Catch these on a good deal and you wont be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Buttery Good, April 13, 2013
One of the things that I appreciate and admire about Walkers Shortbread is that it contains minimal ingredients. When I say minimal, I mean just the basics: wheat flour, butter, sugar and salt! How many cookies on a typical grocery store shelf have just 4 ingredients. Not many I'm sure. There are no stabilizers, or fillers, no chemicals or artificial flavors or colors. NONE and I think that's pretty awesome. I like these the best because they had the perfect balance of butter and sweetness.

I was attracted to these fingers because they appeared to be the most homemade. I liked the lightly sugared tops and thought they resembled something that could come out of any one of our kitchens. Of course these were buttery just like the rest of them but they had a saltiness to them that the others didn't. They also seemed to be the most crumbly and sandy in texture.

I love tea in the afternoon, and a shortbread cookie is the best thing to eat with my afternoon tea.

Recommended. prisrob 04-13-13

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shortbread, October 19, 2011
Amie (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
The convenient packs make it easy to share (though you won't want to), and keeps your nibbling down to a conscientious two cookies per snack. If you're a shortbread fan, then this is your heaven. If you're feeling ritzy, drizzle a little dark chocolate over them to really indulge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good almost as good as my 100 ++yr old family receipe!, December 2, 2012
These are really good and safer to have around than a whole batch of home made ones. Each pack is only 150 calories and just the right amount of pure butter goodness. Just a tiny dip into Nutella takes it to the next level. I would highly recommend these. It is a lot of work and cost to make them from scratch. What a wonderful Cyber Monday treat.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good cookies, March 9, 2012
these are the best cookies...very simple and very tastesy..........no nuts no frosting , just real old-fashion taste, good value, can eat them anywhere , any time

5.0 out of 5 stars A Just Right Lunchbag Snack!, November 8, 2011
Ruskie "Polock" (Lawrence Ks. USA) - See all my reviews
Walkers excellence in quality shortbread in a two bar pack is just the right amount for a lunch bag dessert..Individual packaging secures the cookie well and I experienced no breakage in the item Highly recommended and affordably priced too..ENJOY!