5.0 out of 5 stars Try these ideas...
Put about 6 lbs. of chicken breast or pork roast in a crockpot, add about 2 tbl of Walkerswood, and slow cook for 8 hours. Drain the liquid off THROUGH A STRAINER and set liquid aside. Dump the strainer contents back into the meat. Use two forks and shred meat barbeque style. Add about 1-3 tbls of Walkerswood (depending on your personal heat index) and mix well,...
Published on June 21, 2008 by W. Michael Wiley

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ingredients but too salty for me
Really wanted to like it, but I'm not a big salt fan and this stuff has 540 mg sodium in just 2 teaspoons. I would have preferred lower salt and have the ability to add to taste. Too bad. I liked the heat and flavor of the other ingredients, to the extent they were not overwhelmed by the sodium. I have ordered another alternative (see link) and will see if that works...
Published 17 months ago by My 2 Cents

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Jamaican jerk seasoning, November 13, 2009
This review is from: Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, 10 oz (Misc.)
This brand of jerk seasoning is one that a Jamaican friend recommended to me when I had some jerked chicken wings at his party years ago. It is one of the easiest ways to liven up any meat, especially chicken which needs some inspiration after the nth time in a week. All you need is about a tablespoon of this seasoning to a whole chicken that is cut up which I put into a zip-lock bag. Seal the bag and massage the chicken in the bag to spread the seasoning over all the pieces. Leave it refrigerated for at least a couple hours and then broil or grill. It's that easy. This jar being 10 oz. is such a great deal since you don't need much.

5.0 out of 5 stars De Bes Jerk Seasoning ever, July 31, 2010
This is by far the only and best jerk seasoning you will ever want to buy and use. The flavor is right on point bold, spicy,full bodied and does not fail no matter how you use this seasoning. I basically use this on chicken, however, you can use this on some fish and seafood, just be warned your mouth is going to thank you for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, October 5, 2010
I usually make my own jerk seasoning. Saw this and tried it being lazy. It is better than my recipe, which is darn good. I will never, unless I'm showing off be wasting time when I can purchase Walkerswood. It is just like the real thing. Before you eat it, put a couple of Red Stripes in the freezer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crock it baby!!, March 9, 2008
Dude!! Buy the big pack of chicken thighs, rub them down with Walkerswood, put them in a crock pot, dump the rest of the jar on top. Go to work, come home, and Holy Moses!! This stuff is awesome! Nothing better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walkerswood for the Best Jerked Anything!, September 12, 2013
Robert M. Fine & Pam Pandapas (Rockland, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I have been using Walkerswood for years. I had not had it in my pantry for a while, however, and when I went to out to dinner one night and jerk chicken was on the menu I was reminded of how much I had missed it! So I ordered enough to last a while. My boyfriend won't eat it so there's more for me!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best for decades!, June 15, 2009
Back in the 70's I was at a bachelor party and one of the guests brought jerk chicken. I had never heard of it, but one bite and I was hooked! I spent years trying to duplicate that flavor, buying various brands and even making my own from recipes I found online - dozens of attempts. Most were pretty good in their own ways, but nothing really special.

Finally I stumbled on a brand that I hadn't tried, Walkerswood, and BINGO, that was it! The flavor had remained in my memory for at least 10 years. This is truly THE BOMB!

Use about 1 Tbsp. / lb. of meat for mild heat; 3 Tbsp. / lb. for some real fun; more if you're a heat freak. The best, most authentic way to prepare jerk is to smoke it on a charcoal grill (sorry, gas-grillers) and use smoking wood like hickory, applewood, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST there is!!!, April 1, 2004
By A Customer
This product adds superb flavor to any meat. Great on steaks, pork, fish and chicken. Makes the best hot wings! Also great to inject into turkey and deep frying the turkey. Try it on catfish, shrimp, crab, lobster! Brings out the best of flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jerk Chicken perfection., January 16, 2008
Yvette Kay (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I used to buy Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk Seasoning at Bev Mo, but they stopped carrying it. In fact I can't find it in any grocery store in San Francisco any longer. Why is this? This jerk seasoning is FANTASTIC!!!

It's got good heat and does not need anything added. I put rub 2 or 3 tablespoons of it all over a whole chicken and then roast it in my Showtime rotisserie and it is excellent. The chicken skin even gets somewhat crispy despite the wetness of the seasoning. This stuff is outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jerk for Dummies!!, November 6, 2009
Jay_Rob "Jay_Rob" (Charlottesville, VA USA) - See all my reviews
Spicy, smooth, with an incredible taste. The vendor sends out the order quickly. When we ordered the seasoning we also purchased another seasoning to 'taste test'. Hands down Walkerswood Jamaican beat the other. We grilled a few pieces of chix after seasoning it and letting it sit for a day. When we finished cooking it, we let it rest we sat down to eat and realized that Walkerswood has the perfect flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars best jerk seasoning, October 22, 2013
it makes you want to cry it tastes so good ive had jerk chicken at about 20 different jamaican restaurants this is lip smackity
good but watch out its got some fire

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›