Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 18, 2013
I preordered this game through Amazon, which does not in fact give you a steam code, but a code to use through telltale's website. Nonetheless I was excited to play it as soon as it came out, so i downloaded it off the telltale website. The authentication as soon as you start the game requires you to make and sign in with a telltale account, but there have been HUGE server issues, which leaves me with no game to play for a second day now as the game can't connect to telltale's servers to authenticate a game i preordered. Support of the telltale forums has said to just be patient, but I find it unacceptable that people on Steam have already been playing since yesterday and pirated copies have already made their way around. I'll update when the issues are fixed but for now AVOID THIS VERSION
88 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 19, 2013
Disclosure: Played as a PSN download

TellTale has done it again! The Walking Dead Season 2 is an extension of the awesome 5 part series that was Season 1 which was a story arc to the popular comic book series. This game is for and will AGIAN be loved by--and loved by is a guarantee, graphic novel readers--any true fan of Robert Kirkman's source material. Anyone looking to run and gun down zombies will not get that out of this game. You certainly don't have to have read the book or have seen the AMC TV show to enjoy this game; just be sure that you are planning to get into and be part of a story-rich experience..

You start the game pretty much where Season 1 left off, but this time you play as Clementine (the little girl that you took care of as Lee in Season 1). You don't have to have played Season 1 to enjoy and get into Season 2, but I would highly recommend it, 1) For perspective sake, and 2) Because your decision choices in Season 1 (and 400 Days) are carried over (optionally) into Season 2.

Right from the get-go Clem is thrown into a chaotic journey by herself to find other survivors. There are plenty of action sequences, but your time in this game (just like the first) is mostly spent literally being a part of the story making some tough (and some not so tough) decisions. It's the tough decisions that will affect how the rest of the game unfolds for you, and you'll have to live with the consequences of every option you choose.

The game does give you the option of "rewinding" back to a specific checkpoint, and you can go forward from there and choose a different option that overwrites your original decision if that's your style. But I don't do that. The game gives you three save slots, so I'd prefer a complete reply in a new save slot. I've already played through the first episode twice. I tried to make Clem call "the right move" when presented with choice; but there is a time limit when decision time comes, and sometimes you may regret a hasty decision. For example, in just Episode 1 you'll have to choose taking one route versus another, and by the end of the game and choosing both routes in two separate playthroughs I'm not sure that I made the "right" choice either way. The game certainly gets an A for replay value.

Just as in the graphic novel (and the TV show), the story is much less about zombies and more about what happens to society, its morals, laws and standards when government is lost and the planet becomes mostly uninhabitable. But this time you don't just watch it unfold on paper or on your TV screen; in this game you're part of the story...you control your integrity, your morality and ultimately your destiny. And there's real, heartfelt emotion in The Walking Dead games combined with very believable scenarios. You will be emotionally affected by this game, and if you aren't, well then you've got ice in your veins just like some of the characters in this story.

The Walking Dead game is excellent...especially for just a point and click. It's as gritty and graphic as the comic book, and it's very story-rich. If you read the comic as I do...you'll love it. The graphics are appropriately very comic-bookesque. I really do feel like I'm part of a different story arc in the freakin' book! The first episode only took about an hour an a half to get through which is relatively short compared to the individual episodes of Season 1 or the 400 Days arc. But the length of the episode is made up for by terrific storytelling and an emotionally memorable episode.

The Walking Dead game is a deep, personal and emotional adventure that will leave you looking for more.
on January 12, 2015
Alright, so, I played the first game on the ps3, and I ended up bawling my eyes out.

This is no different. I am currently on a raft in my own home, stranded in a sea of my own tears.

Why would you do this.

But it's seriously a very, very good game, well-written, amazing twists and turns, moral confusion, tears, a new cast of radical characters (and a surprise visit from an old friend!), and then a heart-wrenching end. Of course, you follow our darling Clementine from the previous game--long after Lee is gone. You start out with Christa and Omid--but tragedy strikes soon. Choose wisely. There are songs accompany the credits, mainly by Devics, Anadel, and then Janel Drewis--all of them amazing choices, and very gorgeous songs. This game is worth it.
on December 19, 2013
This game is downloaded via Telltale's DRM/ Website. As of right now it's not currently working. I would recommend anybody look else where until this is working. I had written a more detailed review but Amazon.com rejected it and won't post it. I feel morally obligated to let others know that (at this time) it is not a viable place to purchase the second season of the Walking dead telltale game. I will update this when Telltale gets their website working. For now consider holding off or looking elsewhere.

Edit: Well since the DRM hasn't been working Amazon made an one-time exception and rescinded their no refund policy on this item, considering the circumstances. I have decided that I will purchase this game after all of the season is released and the game is fixed. I'm disappointed in Telltale (With their DRM for PC) dropped the ball on this one. Many other options are available, such as Xbox, PS3, Steam, etc. Thank goodness for Amazon realizing that Telltale was at fault here and refunding my purchase of a game that couldn't be played.
on February 8, 2015
For all of those people out there that say the first one is better than the second, I have no idea where you are coming from. Season 2 was full of choices and situations that seemed to matter so much more, and playing as Clem was an amazing experience.
on February 28, 2015
This season sees you enter the body of Clementine but instead of the scared little girl in the first season you are a zombie killing machine who often ends up being the only grown up in the group. This creates a less compelling story than the tale of redemption in season 1.
on December 23, 2014
Game's great, but this is NOT A STEAM PRODUCT!!!! Fortunately, it can be downloaded on both PC and MAC with the Telltale DRM. Still I wish Amazon would do more business with Steam so I can purchase through Amazon and keep all my games in Steam.
on January 1, 2014
I played this game right after it released in December. I registered with telltale and I had no glitches during the game. Everything was smooth. I do hope the other four episodes are longer to make up for this really short first episode though.
on March 5, 2014
This season started out awesome with episode one... There have been some great improvements to the user interface as a game product: the integrated mini-games and challenges and a deepening appreciation for the gutsy survivalist packed into our tiny heroine. It's only the wait between Episodes 1 and 2. It has literally been several weeks and there isn't even a peep of a press release, tweet or otherwise to hint when (IF?) the next installment for our game will hit their download servers. I worry that I'll lose the edge of enthusiasm as the plot from our current episode slips from my short term memories...
on October 17, 2014
I had trouble installing the game, but with the Amazon help center. I found I had to use another browser other than "Chrome" for the redeem code to work. I used Internet Explorer and the redeeming code worked.